The Guns N' Roses concert in São Paulo will be EMPTY

The seats section is around 115 U.S. Dollars. Jungle/Paradise City, way more expensive, around 250 U.S. Dollars. But yeah, Team Brazil was quite bitch when they classified the show as 18+. If you are a student under 18, you'll have to bring a person responsible for you more than 18, that will have to pay the full price for the ticket, while you will pay half. Ya' know, if the person likes GNR, awesome. Otherwise, too bad.

EDIT: São Paulo prices:

http://www.ingressorapido.com.br/Evento.aspx?ID=31972

Team Brazil has absolutely NOTHING to do with the age allowed. Nothing.

• Like 2

The seats section is around 115 U.S. Dollars. Jungle/Paradise City, way more expensive, around 250 U.S. Dollars. But yeah, Team Brazil was quite bitch when they classified the show as 18+. If you are a student under 18, you'll have to bring a person responsible for you more than 18, that will have to pay the full price for the ticket, while you will pay half. Ya' know, if the person likes GNR, awesome. Otherwise, too bad.

EDIT: São Paulo prices:

http://www.ingressorapido.com.br/Evento.aspx?ID=31972

Team Brazil has absolutely NOTHING to do with the age allowed. Nothing.

OK, i said shit. So, who has?

The São Paulo Prefecture, the Culture Secretariat etc...

Same goes for the ticket prices. They have absolutely no input in these. It's very rare for a band to have. On 2009 AC/DC came to Brazil and the tickets went on sale with a premium area. Word around was that AC/DC called it off until the promoters removed the premium area. It's the only case I know. Also, the concerts that are not in the South of Brazil don't feature that "Jungle Zone", because they are being promoted by a different agent.
Most times the band management is barely involved with the opening act, actually. Imagine with the audience areas.
When it comes to tour, Team Brazil's job is to get Guns N' Roses in touch with the promoter. The promoter handles basically everything related to the concert itself: tickets, venue booking, prices etc.

Hopefully someone works out a way to stream live shows so we don't need to go. We could just gather in a field and watch the show on our Phones. Destroying further the way for our favourite bands to make a living.

Well, there was an amatuer livestream on 2010, so I think it's safe to assume there will be one this year.

Edited by ManetsBR
  • Like 1

Same goes for the ticket prices. They have absolutely no input in these. It's very rare for a band to have. On 2009 AC/DC came to Brazil and the tickets went on sale with a premium area. Word around was that AC/DC called it off until the promoters removed the premium area. It's the only case I know. Also, the concerts that are not in the South of Brazil don't feature that "Jungle Zone", because they are being promoted by a different agent.

Most times the band management is barely involved with the opening act, actually. Imagine with the audience areas.

When it comes to tour, Team Brazil's job is to get Guns N' Roses in touch with the promoter. The promoter handles basically everything related to the concert itself: tickets, venue booking, prices etc.

Interesting, didn't know about it. Thanks for the info.

So, there is a chance that the band's concert on other cities gets a different age classifying?

Edited by MattElias

Yes and no. Bands have a lot to do with ticket prices, as their guaranteed fee often determines how much promoters must charge to recoup his or her costs and make a profit. GNR can't get too upset if its fans are being hosed when they're demanding an exorbitant performance fee from a promoter.

The dirty secrete of the touring business is that promoters and ticket retailers (like Ticketmaster) are little more than cover for bands. It works out great for bands - fans love them but hate promoters and Ticketmaster who they perceive as driving ticket prices despite the fact that it's actually the bands themselves who are driving costs. If you want to know why service fees are now in the $20-$30 range for most established acts, it's because all the money from the ticket goes to the band (either directly or used to recoup the upfront fee) leaving little to nothing for the promoter, venue, and ticket retailer.

• Like 1

If I was a dick I would encourage some egg throwing, or preferably even something more severe, at Beta when she comes on stage. Since I'm not a dick though, I would never do something like that. :shrugs:

If you're a dick, why don't you just cum on her :D

Yes and no. Bands have a lot to do with ticket prices, as their guaranteed fee often determines how much promoters must charge to recoup his or her costs and make a profit. GNR can't get too upset if its fans are being hosed when they're demanding an exorbitant performance fee from a promoter.

The dirty secrete of the touring business is that promoters and ticket retailers (like Ticketmaster) are little more than cover for bands. It works out great for bands - fans love them but hate promoters and Ticketmaster who they perceive as driving ticket prices despite the fact that it's actually the bands themselves who are driving costs. If you want to know why service fees are now in the $20-$30 range for most established acts, it's because all the money from the ticket goes to the band (either directly or used to recoup the upfront fee) leaving little to nothing for the promoter, venue, and ticket retailer.

There's got to be more to the promoter determining ticket prices than just what the band demands as their cut; I won't pretend I know what because I don't. Last Summer when I was in Europe for Maiden, the most expensive tickets for Bucharest were about $35. Two days later in Istanbul, the most expensive tickets were over $300 - there's no way that price difference could've been determined by the band's cut. It surely couldn't be explained by the difference in income either, because the Istanbul show was absolutely empty, but thousands of people were standing on the ridge above the stadium where they could watch for free.

The point is, sometimes promoters grossly overestimate what they can charge for a gig. It sucks, but it does happen :shrugs:

• Like 1

Is there really no way, though? How many paychecks does GNR have to cut? Quite a fuckin' few.

I'll admit I don't have a clue about this stuff, so I really don't know what story is accurate.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but for the promoter to need to charge that much in a 35,000 capacity venue because of the band's cut, other shows would be equally expensive/more expensive in smaller venues. Seeing as Sao Paulo is the only gig where people seem to be upset about the ticket prices, this doesn't seem to be the case.

I have no idea whether singers/bands have any involvement in ticket prices or not but this exemple leads me to believe they do. Last year Bon Jovi played in Spain and Jon said that he was aware of how tough the situation in Spain is so he decided to play for free so that ticket prices could be lowered and affordable for the fans. If my memory doesn´t betray me, the prices were between 15 € and 35 €. Neither him nor any band member earned a single euro from that show. And they demanded all staff working in the stage set-up had to be Spanish workers.

Edited by November_rain

Sucks when smart people point out your favorite band sucks more than you thought they did. :lol:

Which band would that be? My favorite band doesn't suck.... :shrugs:
Nor does mine
Quality post. :lol:

So are these seats sold out or is this along the lines of the rest of the bullshit misinformation spewed by certain posters? Impressive if it's true, I guess.