Guns N' Roses @ Vegas - May 21-June 7

Take a look around. EVERYONE is disillusioned with the band. If everyone who's disillusioned checks out of the forum, it'll just be you and volcano posting vids of DJ solos back and forth at each other.

Disillusioned is a bit strong, I think many just have frustrations. Would you say that you have absolutely no interest in GNR anymore? I think this band is still capable of exciting you, ala the feelings that you felt pre-Brooklyn Bowl.

I have no problem with people articulating their annoyances in a constructive way. But "Axl sucks, everything post-1996 sucks, you suck for thinking it doesn't suck, lol you like Chinese Democracy" - that's some bullshit right there.

Take a look around. EVERYONE is disillusioned with the band. If everyone who's disillusioned checks out of the forum, it'll just be you and volcano posting vids of DJ solos back and forth at each other.

Disillusioned is a bit strong, I think many just have frustrations. Would you say that you have absolutely no interest in GNR anymore? I think this band is still capable of exciting you, ala the feelings that you felt pre-Brooklyn Bowl.

I have no problem with people articulating their annoyances in a constructive way. But "Axl sucks, everything post-1996 sucks, you suck for thinking it doesn't suck, lol you like Chinese Democracy" - that's some bullshit right there.

Axl has been singing very badly since 2011. "Everything post-1996" aka 1 album indeed sucks, it's just an opinion, if you get offended it's your problem.

disillusioned adjective

: having lost faith or trust in something : disappointed that something is not as good, valuable, true, etc., as it had seemed

I just think it's too profound a statement to make in the context of a band. Hell, I probably made such a statement myself (when I allowed myself to get emotionally invested in what GNR could be).

But whatever man, hate me if you want. I've made my point.

Axl has been singing very badly since 2011. "Everything post-1996" aka 1 album indeed sucks, it's just an opinion, if you get offended it's your problem.

So, you haven't enjoyed one show? One song? One rant? One guitarist? One interview?

Yeah, you definitely need to seek something else to discuss. It can't be healthy to deliberate over something you plain hate.

Hate you? :lol:

It seems that in order to be a respected poster, you have to be critical of GNR. I've made a conscious decision to step away from the keyboard. I'm never going to influence the way GNR operates.

Every time they've played a show in my area, I've had a good time. They've released one record, I dig it. Yes I could spend my time analyzing YouTube videos, but it's not healthy.

Sorry, NGOG, but a mod needs to have a conversation with you.

Are you really stooping that low? I'm not censoring my opinions for anyone.

So, you haven't enjoyed one show? One song? One rant? One guitarist? One interview?

Yeah, you definitely need to seek something else to discuss. It can't be healthy to deliberate over something you plain hate.

I've enjoyed many things GNR has done until at least 06 when Robin and Brain left.

You use the word "hate" too much and give too many suggestions. "Log out", "Seek something else"...

It seems to me you're the one taking things too seriously. If using the internet and taking care of your health are so closely tied to you, then you have a problem.

Like I said, this forum is for fans of the old band too and fans of the old band don't always support Axl. You Axl fans talk about getting over stuff but you never get over the fact the old band is more alive than this new one.

me, I have no interest

Then log out of the forum? I'm sure there's plenty of other "interesting" bands you could be discussing.
volcano-ish, no? :lol:
I'm pretty sure that telling people to log out of the forum has resulted in mod warnings in the past. Not really the kind of thing you expect from a staff member.

I didn't "tell" anybody to do anything, just a bit of advice for somebody who's clearly disillusioned with GNR.

It's clear that the disillusioned fans are the majority here. So I could give these volcano-ish posters (like NGOG) the same advice. Log out. There's Jarmo's forum and MSL's forum where you're basically forbidden of having a negative opinion. It's the perfect place for the overly-sensitive Axl fans.

There are TWO boards that are all about the new band, and yet the sensitive Axl fans prefer to post here. I simply don't understand these guys.

I gotta say, I really dislike when people think they can tell others to so somewhere else because of a differing opinion. No one has a right to define what a fan is, how they should feel, what they should like, or how they should react to certain events.

I can understand some people being excited about a trip to Vegas to see the band. Vegas is awesome, and a great trip in general, with or without the band. For anyone interested, seeing Guns is just an added bonus. I saw them there in 2006, and it was a lot of fun. It felt like something special because it was different.

However, I can relate to people who are disappointed about another residency there. It's not all that special now, and a once very cool band is looking to become a cheesy Vegas Strip act. Axl and Ashba are vying to be the new Seigfried and Roy. There's nothing exciting about that.

On the bright side, this probably means another tv interview.. I can see an appearance on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. And maybe the audience will get free tacos this time around.

• Like 2

NGOG - You asked to be considered for a mod position in the zint thread. You've more than demonstrated here and elsewhere that you are totally unsuitable for the position.

Magisme is right. Now why don't you take your own advice and log off, cool your jets whatever because you are taking all of this way too seriously. This is a forum for all fans of the band, old and new.

Lets hope Axl is on form for Vegas because he's circling the drain otherwise.

Edited by Facekicker

Sorry, NGOG, but a mod needs to have a conversation with you.

Are you really stooping that low? I'm not censoring my opinions for anyone.

Unless you think fanboy moralizing will get you a mod gig, right? :lol:

Edit: fucked up my quote. Can't fix easily on phone.

Edited by magisme

You asked to be considered for a mod position in the zint thread. You've more than demonstrated here and elsewhere that you are totally unsuitable for the position.

As a joke. I'm definitely not mod-material (clearly :lol:). But thanks for following my posts I guess.

I'm really not sure why I'm being criticized for a genuine curiosity. I'm not being a dick, I just find it weird that people would spend a lot of time discussing something they clearly don't like anymore.

Unless you think fanboy moralizing will get you a mod gig, right? :lol:

Haha yeah, I'm totally "fanboy moralizing".

I gotta say, I really dislike when people think they can tell others to so somewhere else because of a differing opinion.

Wow, some people are really offended by that post. Not sure why.

I definitely didn't say that anybody with a genuine opinion should look for something else to discuss. But when you've reached the point of "no interest", then it raises a legitimate question, are there no other bands worth discussing?

For me, there's hope. I keep hoping there will be something exciting and new to look forward to.

That's the type of outlook I'm taking. Axl Rose is consistently doing something. It mightn't be what everybody wants, but it's still cool.

NGOG - You asked to be considered for a mod position in the zint thread. You've more than demonstrated here and elsewhere that you are totally unsuitable for the position.

I think NGOG would have been a good choice, I normally like his posts, but you can't be too passionate about this band, one way or the other. Even High and Subs don't agree with everything Guns do, and voice both positive AND negative opinions. They also allow others to do the same without telling them to go somewhere else. Not much of a forum left if you do that. :lol: You've got to tolerate different opinions, as long as they're at least respectful, and don't tell people to leave simply because they don't think the same way you do.

I think NGOG would have been a good choice, I normally like his posts, but you can't be too passionate about this band, one way or the other. Even High and Subs don't agree with everything Guns do, and voice both positive AND negative opinions. They also allow others to do the same without telling them to go somewhere else. Not much of a forum left if you do that. :lol: You've got to tolerate different opinions, as long as they're at least respectful, and don't tell people to leave simply because they don't think the same way you do.

P4A, please don't get me wrong. I am definitely not arguing against negative opinion. Heck, I've been extremely negative myself at times.

I love posters like yourself and Mags, you offer genuine discussion. While you're frustrated, you still retain some degree of interest. I'm just curious as to why people with "no interest" continually discuss GNR. If it were me, I'd be investing my time in a band I dig.

Hey everyone, I live in Vegas about 10 mins away from Hard Rock. I would be willing to share my place and drive if someone wanted to go. Send me a PM if you are looking to save a few bucks instead of buying a hotel.....

Party at your house! BYOBB ( Bring your own Booze and Bitches)

I gotta say, I really dislike when people think they can tell others to so somewhere else because of a differing opinion.

Wow, some people are really offended by that post. Not sure why.

Are you serious?

Dude, if you had your way, anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is gone. People like you are the plague of humanity, this whole "you don't agree with me? Then you're wrong, go away."

People don't like being told to go way if they don't worship your opinion. Maybe this is the American in me, but FUCK THAT if someone believes only THEIR OWN OPINION is valid, and of course any differing view is bullshit, right?

Hell, I've read posts from you in Canter Banter where you're essentially telling Marc that he's wrong! The guy lived and breathed GNR's history, but no, only NGOG's version of GNR is valid. Wtf does Marc know, right?

Seriously man, get this: you're not god, you're not a genius, you don't know everything.

• Like 2

Dude, if you had your way, anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is gone.

Oh look, it's the sensationalist!

Whatever, NGOG. You love me and I hate you, so I win this episode of thread beef. :lol:

:wub:

Yeah I'm sure they're ecstatic that their main purpose as a group is mainly playing songs of a band they weren't even fans of :rolleyes: . What musician would be happy having the central focus of their career being dedicated to playing songs they just feel "meh" about? That's totally different from hiring somebody from a different group you didn't like to play in your band. And it's certainly obvious Axl's not motivated when he's just clearly (effortlessly) going through the motions. And it's certainly obvious that Bumble is openly frustrated.

It's been clear to me personally that this "band" isn't striving to do anymore than just tour for money for a solid year now. But I can't fathom how anybody could have the expectation they'll ever do anything creative again at this point. :shrugs:

It's clear as day this all about keeping Axl's bank account balanced now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just because they weren't fans of the band before, that does not preclude them from enjoying playing the songs now.

It's clear as day that all musicians make their living and balance their bank accounts by playing music.

None of us really know how the guys feel about playing these shows. They could find them incredibly fun. We don't know.

Ali

We know because they said they weren't fans of the music themselves. I'm not buying that their personal music taste would just change all of the sudden after doing the same ol same ol year in and year out with Axl. C'mon now :lol:. Its a nice paying and consistent job for musicians that have otherwise limited alternatives for the same. It's not exactly difficult putting the puzzle pieces together based on all the information we have.

Yes musicians make money on their music, Ali. I never disputed that. But it's become clear as day nu guns is still around SOLELY to keep Axl's bank account afloat. Not to be creative. Not to make and/or (God willing) share art. It's solely a cash grab now. And it's sad all those wasted years amounted to so little :shrugs:

It's not clear as day at all that the band is around for purely financial reasons. Sorry, it just isn't. These are very talented musicians whose options may not be "limited" like you think. Yet all, with the exception of DJ, have been around for 8 or more years.

Looking at things in a black and white way, and through a prism that only reinforces your pre-existing notions may not be correct. Like I said, they may like making a living and playing together. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Ali

Yeah I'm sure they're ecstatic that their main purpose as a group is mainly playing songs of a band they weren't even fans of :rolleyes: . What musician would be happy having the central focus of their career being dedicated to playing songs they just feel "meh" about? That's totally different from hiring somebody from a different group you didn't like to play in your band. And it's certainly obvious Axl's not motivated when he's just clearly (effortlessly) going through the motions. And it's certainly obvious that Bumble is openly frustrated.

It's been clear to me personally that this "band" isn't striving to do anymore than just tour for money for a solid year now. But I can't fathom how anybody could have the expectation they'll ever do anything creative again at this point. :shrugs:

It's clear as day this all about keeping Axl's bank account balanced now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just because they weren't fans of the band before, that does not preclude them from enjoying playing the songs now.

It's clear as day that all musicians make their living and balance their bank accounts by playing music.

None of us really know how the guys feel about playing these shows. They could find them incredibly fun. We don't know.

Ali

We know because they said they weren't fans of the music themselves. I'm not buying that their personal music taste would just change all of the sudden after doing the same ol same ol year in and year out with Axl. C'mon now :lol:. Its a nice paying and consistent job for musicians that have otherwise limited alternatives for the same. It's not exactly difficult putting the puzzle pieces together based on all the information we have.

Yes musicians make money on their music, Ali. I never disputed that. But it's become clear as day nu guns is still around SOLELY to keep Axl's bank account afloat. Not to be creative. Not to make and/or (God willing) share art. It's solely a cash grab now. And it's sad all those wasted years amounted to so little :shrugs:

It's not clear as day at all that the band is around for purely financial reasons. Sorry, it just isn't. These are very talented musicians whose options may not be "limited" like you think. Yet all, with the exception of DJ, have been around for 8 or more years.

Looking at things in a black and white way, and through a prism that only reinforces your pre-existing notions may not be correct. Like I said, they may like making a living and playing together. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Ali

One last time, yes we do. They said it. Themselves. It's basic math from there. While they might enjoy each other's company, there's not a musician on the face of the Earth who genuinely enjoys playing music time and time again they were not only not creatively involved with, but they weren't even fans of to begin with. Unless, of course, the price is right ;-).

There's glaring evidence clear as day. Looking at it the most realistic way possible is better than looking at it in some far fetched, wishful thinking pov. "Maybe it grew on them...". Right. :lol:.

Aside from Dj, none of them really have a solid plan b outside of Nu Guns. Sure Tommy has the Replacements, but that was always more of a cult band. Once the reunion flare wears off, it'd be back to bars or bust for them. The rest could get the occasional gig here and there, but none that deliver the stability and consistency of nu guns. Not to mention the paycheck. That's what I mean by "limited alternatives".

If Axl was really serious about continuing nu guns creatively speaking, we wouldn't be having another rehash of more of the same. It's all but officially confirmed that we're not getting new nu songs this tour, and Bumble confirmed they haven't worked on shit since being off tour.

Axl would be rehearsing, taking better physical care of himself. But he's not. He doesn't care anymore. And even if they were starting from scratch, there's no way they'd have to tour, tour, tour to fund for new music. 2011, even 2012? Yeah believable. Kinda. Now? Lmfao. It's all amount maintaining luxury without having to crawl back to Slash. Clear. As. Day.

If you can't see that by now, it's just because you don't want to.