Guns N' Roses @ Vegas - May 21-June 7

Im in two minds, I can spend £1000 and smash put 3 vegas shows.

However, where wil GNR be the other 7 months of the year? Probably somewhere a little closer and cheaper to home, which means more shows.

Worst case scenario they don't tour after june.

I found London - LA flights for £500, if you're interested I'll PM you details (you have to fly to Copenhagen first).

That's a looooong flight. I need to start my new job first before I can seriously consider it and get the time off, but right now I can't make arrangements.

Also, see what kind of set list and voice are like in South America. Might sway me either way.

My source on the announcement date and sale date comes from the joint. I inquired bout vip packages and a employee in that department emailed me that info

Any info on what those packages might entail?

I know Hardrock offered some special packages before which included a hardrock issued GNR pass. Early entry into the venue. ticket. and then they have some hotel room packages . They also gave out some of them posters with the tiger , one with a gun, and that halloween style poster.
Not saying this to be rude - seriously just curious.

Do adults really care about things like posters and laminents (sp)? When I was 14 I had rock star and Samantha Fox posters up on my wall. But doesn't that type of thing generally go away once we go off to college or move out of the parent's house? Do adults really care about those things?

Would you put up a framed signed axl poster in your house?

When I was 14 and living with my parents.........yes.

When I was 18 and had my first apartment..........maybe.

When I was 21 and got my first apartment with a girl............no.

Today...........no.

Why would I want a picture of a rock singer in my living room? I've got pictures of my children, my wife, and art work.

If Axl was a close friend that I grew up with - then maybe. But I have no desire to worship celebrities. It seems very weird to me. A 50-year-old man writing his name on a piece of paper.....lol, why would that be important to anybody? Just because the guy is an amazing singer doesn't mean that his signature is something I would proudly display on my wall. The guy is a human being, just like the rest of us. He isn't a God, he isn't better than any of the rest of us.

To each his own though. For me personally, it's not my thing. I'd rather meet Axl (or any musician I admire) and have a beer and thirty minute conversation with them and have NO documentation of it (no picture, no autograph, can't brag about it on facebook), than to have a poster that he signed and put it on my wall. Celeb worship isn't my thing. Sorry that offends people. If it is your thing - go for it, more power to you.

I think P5 checked for him and I and said round-trip tickets would be like around $250 or something. Not bad.

Interested in seeing what packages the hotel has for the dates. Will probably end up coming down the first week of June and catch the last three shows.

$226 last I checked. It's still almost $700 from Rochester. It's crazy - I'll be able to drive down your way on $40 gas (Each way), and still manage to save almost $400 compared to the prices from Rochester :blink:

However, where wil GNR be the other 7 months of the year? Probably somewhere a little closer and cheaper to home, which means more shows.

I found London - LA flights for £500, if you're interested I'll PM you details (you have to fly to Copenhagen first).

That's a looooong flight. I need to start my new job first before I can seriously consider it and get the time off, but right now I can't make arrangements.

Also, see what kind of set list and voice are like in South America. Might sway me either way.

My source on the announcement date and sale date comes from the joint. I inquired bout vip packages and a employee in that department emailed me that info

I know Hardrock offered some special packages before which included a hardrock issued GNR pass. Early entry into the venue. ticket. and then they have some hotel room packages . They also gave out some of them posters with the tiger , one with a gun, and that halloween style poster.

Do adults really care about things like posters and laminents (sp)? When I was 14 I had rock star and Samantha Fox posters up on my wall. But doesn't that type of thing generally go away once we go off to college or move out of the parent's house? Do adults really care about those things?

Today...........no.

Why would I want a picture of a rock singer in my living room? I've got pictures of my children, my wife, and art work.

If Axl was a close friend that I grew up with - then maybe. But I have no desire to worship celebrities. It seems very weird to me. A 50-year-old man writing his name on a piece of paper.....lol, why would that be important to anybody? Just because the guy is an amazing singer doesn't mean that his signature is something I would proudly display on my wall. The guy is a human being, just like the rest of us. He isn't a God, he isn't better than any of the rest of us.

To each his own though. For me personally, it's not my thing. I'd rather meet Axl (or any musician I admire) and have a beer and thirty minute conversation with them and have NO documentation of it (no picture, no autograph, can't brag about it on facebook), than to have a poster that he signed and put it on my wall. Celeb worship isn't my thing. Sorry that offends people. If it is your thing - go for it, more power to you.

No to take the thread off topic, but having posters of bands or artists is people's form of "art". If it's framed and hung and looks nice, what's the difference from a picture of Axl and a picture of a lovely sunset that some random person painted that has no personal meaning to you besides the fact that "It looks pretty". Why would that be important to somebody?

People have all different kinds of decor in their homes. Just because you have a painted picture that looks nice and someone else has a picture of their favorite band doesn't make it any less "art", or meaningful or juvenile or whatever. I don't personally look at it as "celeb worship" to have a picture of one of my favorite artists hung in my home. I find it to be more unique than the typical "Live ~ Laugh ~ Love" decor, but that's just me.

• Like 1

I have a big super Mario painting on my wall in my living room. I also have my gnr pinball machine inthe living room. I Dont care what people think, I put up my random happiness. I have a right to bare arms!!! Now back on topic, do u think there is any chance they sell the Blu ray Vegas DVDs at the show, maybe before a world wide release??

Ha! no way, sorry!

Did anyone check out Dizzys chat? I doubt he revealed anything as it probably would have been posted here if he did (And he's almost certainly not in the loop) but If anyone has the transcript or basic jist of the GnR related talking, mainly about new plans or old tour stories pass it on. Don't care about his side projects etc.

Everyone who buys a ticket to the residency should be given a copy of the Vegas dvd. It would be a nice little promotion. Outside of these Forums, nobody cares about this dvd. I'm not even sure what the interest level would be in a dvd by the old band. Other than Taylor Swift and other megastars do music dvds even sell much anymore?

I guess management said something to the hard rock. I called today to see if they would give me the dates again and they said they are not allowed to give out that information yet. I said the dates where given out the other day by another employee on the phone. The lady placed me on hold and told me to call back next week for all the information.

Today...........no.

No to take the thread off topic, but having posters of bands or artists is people's form of "art". If it's framed and hung and looks nice, what's the difference from a picture of Axl and a picture of a lovely sunset that some random person painted that has no personal meaning to you besides the fact that "It looks pretty". Why would that be important to somebody?

People have all different kinds of decor in their homes. Just because you have a painted picture that looks nice and someone else has a picture of their favorite band doesn't make it any less "art", or meaningful or juvenile or whatever. I don't personally look at it as "celeb worship" to have a picture of one of my favorite artists hung in my home. I find it to be more unique than the typical "Live ~ Laugh ~ Love" decor, but that's just me.

So if somebody doesn't have rock star memorabilia on their wall that means their art work are just items that "look pretty?"

And I don't get your anonymous artist comment either. I doubt most fans know who the photographer was on all the rock posters they have on their walls. And I don't judge the quality of artwork by how famous the artist is or if they are some "random" person. If I like a painting it isn't because of who painted it - it's because of the actual piece.

I really like Edward Hopper, so I have a couple of his paintings on my walls.

I've also got a lot of native American artwork - some done by artists that I actually know. Some by artists who are famous, some by completely unknown artists.

Not sure I ever used the word "juvenile." How about saying what stage in life you are at. I'd be willing to bet you money that in 20 years when you own a house, have a wife and three kids running around, that your living room won't be plastered with posters of rock stars.

Today...........no.

So if somebody doesn't have rock star memorabilia on their wall that means their art work are just items that "look pretty?"

And I don't get your anonymous artist comment either. I doubt most fans know who the photographer was on all the rock posters they have on their walls. And I don't judge the quality of artwork by how famous the artist is or if they are some "random" person. If I like a painting it isn't because of who painted it - it's because of the actual piece.

I really like Edward Hopper, so I have a couple of his paintings on my walls.

I've also got a lot of native American artwork - some done by artists that I actually know. Some by artists who are famous, some by completely unknown artists.

Not sure I ever used the word "juvenile." How about saying what stage in life you are at. I'd be willing to bet you money that in 20 years when you own a house, have a wife and three kids running around, that your living room won't be plastered with posters of rock stars.

No, I never said that. But most people in my experience don't know who the artist is of that random painting or picture they have in their living room and have it displayed because they like it or it looks nice. Same thing can be applied for a framed poster of a band or artist. I don't think the "rock photographer" to "painter" comparison is exactly the same, though. I have paintings as well, but have nothing against a different type of decoration whether it's a peice of Mexican pottery or a framed picture of a music icon. Same thing applies if I have a picture of a band/artist hanging - I don't like it because of who painted it, I like it because of the actual picture and I think it looks nice.

No, you didn't use the word "juvenile", but based off of your "age progression" examples, that's how I took part of your argument. As for your "20 year" bet - if we had a way to hold up to it, I would absolutely hold you to it.

In my opinion, if it's framed and hung correctly, just about anything can look nice and professional in any part of the home

287691_480281288663017_1608067336_o.jpg

• Like 2

Good points, great post, understood.

And if your 40-year-old wife lets you hang Axl Rose posters in your front room..........you'll be a lucky man! Typically as people get older, posters like that tend to leave the front room wall and reside in the "man-cave" area of the house.

The age thing wasn't meant as an insult.

Like I said, when I was a teenager my room was covered in rock star, athlete and Samantha Fox posters.

Stage of Life is a better way to put it. Up until about 21-22, music was a HUGE part of my life. I would have fought somebody over a GnR argument if they got out of line. But now.........the posters and memorabilia don't mean as much, and music doesn't mean as much. I still love Axl and GnR, but I'd rather spend the day with my babies at the park or go out fishing for the day with my teenager than "meet" Axl Rose or get his autograph. I had an autographed picture of Chief Wahoo McDaniels with him holding my hand and putting up the "I'm number one" finger. Up until maybe 15 years old that was one of my prized possessions. Then it went into a box, but I still thought it was cool, and I hauled it around when I switched houses. But today - I have no clue where it is, probably got lost or thrown away in a housing switch. At 15 that would have bothered me, but at 40 - I don't really care. I still remember the event happening and that's all that is important. More important than a picture or a signature of some guy. That's all I'm saying. Different things have different levels of importance depending on what stage of life we are at.

I'm not saying one way is bad or good. Just saying what is specific to ME personally. Autographs seems silly, especially paying for one (one you didn't get personally). But to each their own, if somebody loves to collect them and gets joy out of it - more power to them. Just not my thing. I'm sure I do things they would think is weird or silly.

I got my framed Axl picture up in the fairly large Kitchen/dining area with a slash one too, both signed. Although it's not really a fancy room. Living room is modern and classier, obviously no posters up. I do have a girlfriend that is signed by slash too. :lol:

Yeah, most people don't usually have stuff like that up on the wall. I usually get shit from my girlfriends - friends about how many guns n roses shows i go to (15 since 06), they aren't into music though, so they wouldn't get it. Its no different than a football fan having a season ticket or whatever.

Edited by Axl_morris