Guns N' Roses @ Vegas - May 21-June 7

On Saturday May 31, comedian Jim Jefferies performs at the joint. Tickets are on sale. I thought Guns had that day. I cannot wait till the official announcement.

Someone suggested that since Jim Jefferies is scheduled for 7 to 8 it wouldn't interfere with Guns. However, they'd still have to clear everyone out and clean the venue before doors could even open for Guns - that would have to be around 10, opener on at 11, Guns at...12:30? Not to mention this would all mean Jim would be performing on GN'R's stage set, highly unlikely.

This is the only reason I remain skeptical of the supposed dates.

On Saturday May 31, comedian Jim Jefferies performs at the joint. Tickets are on sale. I thought Guns had that day. I cannot wait till the official announcement.

Someone suggested that since Jim Jefferies is scheduled for 7 to 8 it wouldn't interfere with Guns. However, they'd still have to clear everyone out and clean the venue before doors could even open for Guns - that would have to be around 10, opener on at 11, Guns at...12:30? Not to mention this would all mean Jim would be performing on GN'R's stage set, highly unlikely.

Doesn't take that long to clear The Joint. And being that it's Vegas Axl could wait and go on at 1 or 2AM (Ala South America) and play til 4 or 5 AM.

Edited by Snowmass

Here here. I doubt they would do all that. I was about to book a flight and hotel, but it would be safer to wait. And if they spilled the beans already, I doubt the manager at the hard rock said...."okay guys mygnrforum knows, so shut the fuck up".

Doesn't take that long to clear The Joint. And being that it's Vegas Axl could wail and go on at 1 or 2AM (Ala South America) and play til 4 or 5 AM.

Never been to The Joint, so I don't know how big it is and whatnot. Still, I just don't see them having 2 gigs in one day.

Doesn't take that long to clear The Joint. And being that it's Vegas Axl could wail and go on at 1 or 2AM (Ala South America) and play til 4 or 5 AM.

Never been to The Joint, so I don't know how big it is and whatnot. Still, I just don't see them having 2 gigs in one day.

Small intimate venue....only holds 4000 people.

287691_480281288663017_1608067336_o.jpg

Fuckin nice looking set up BS! I'm actually motivated to do something similar now lol

Groghan I might not be 40 but I am 34 and my wife would let me hang anything in our home. Will this magically change in 6 years?

I think you are trying to stir shit and talk down to people that are younger than you as you usually do day after day after day. I know you're getting older but don't become a grumpy old fart.

Edited by volcano62

Fuckin nice looking set up BS! I'm actually motivated to do something similar now lol

Groghan I might not be 40 but I am 34 and my wife would let me hang anything in our home. Will this magically change in 6 years?

I think you are trying to stir shit and talk down to people that are younger than you as you usually do day after day after day. I know you're getting older but don't become a grumpy old fart.

Volcano I think this would look really cool on your wall:

slashdrawingrs3.jpg

:D

Edited by gunnari

Thanks, volcano. We get a lot of compliments on them.

Also, please don't stir anything else. Groghan and I finished our discussion on friendly terms, we don't need to spark it up again :lol:

I really want to know if my wife will take away my freedom in 6 years. I'm scared......

Thanks, volcano. We get a lot of compliments on them.

Also, please don't stir anything else. Groghan and I finished our discussion on friendly terms, we don't need to spark it up again :lol:

I really want to know if my wife will take away my freedom in 6 years. I'm scared......

It depends who wears the pants in your home.

You are a case of the "extreme" when talking about Guns n Roses related issues. Don't forget, you also said that you "came in your pants" the second you heard GnR was going to Canada for a show. And you also said that Gilby was a better guitar player for GnR than Slash was.

You'll see that BS and I had a perfectly normal conversation going. I stated several times that if people enjoyed it - go for it. YOU are the only person who took offense to it.

Stirring up sh*t? LOL. Your comment about young people shows you are doing exactly what you accuse me of doing. Hell, this entire post is just you insulting me and you bringing negativity to the forum - like always. I know it's important to you to carry a grudge from topic to topic.....but you really don't have to.

As for the actual point - you arguing against it just makes you look silly. You are arguing against something that logically makes no sense.

The majority of 40 year olds who own their own house, aren't going to decorate their living room the same way they decorated their bedroom walls at age 15 while living in their parents house. NOBODY in the world would argue that point.............except you. But hey.....gotta carry that grudge on, that's more important than just casually chatting with other GnR fans.

Groghanism

Groghanism

Volcanoism........instantly coming in your pants when you hear that a 51-year-old rock singer is performing in your country.

Volcanoism........thinking that Gilby Clarke is a better guitar player than Slash.

Volcanoism........still swearing that Sailaway is a man, and a real good dude!!!!!!

Volcanoism........hating a rock musician solely because Axl Rose hates him.

Volcanoism.........having your every thought and opinion based on what Axl Rose likes/dislikes.

This is too easy.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about doing the June shows...

MYGNR Mod Meet & Greet Packages - Starting at $99.99 each.*

*Black Sabbath will not be present, but you will get a photo op with P5 and possibly Russ.

Do the packages come with lithographs of each mods face and a wristband? :lol:

You get a lithograph of a mod of your choice, but we can't guarantee the same mod will be available to sign it. For an additional $18.95, we also have a limited quantity of BS scented candles, and for $22.95 we have HV beach towels. Get yours while supplies last!!!

:rofl-lol:

Did you really say that gilby is a better guitar player than slash?

I prefer Gilby as a writer

Man...What's wrong with you?!

You really going to tell me Slash's solo material is better than Pawnshop?

Slash is a much better guitar player. But to write songs...it's quite embarrassing.

Slash is a much better guitar player. But to write songs...it's quite embarrassing.

So you find Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child O' Mine, Civil War et al., 'embarrasing'?

So you find Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child O' Mine, Civil War et al., 'embarrasing'?

Don't forget the guitar parts for Coma and Estranged.

And Gilby didn't write anything for Guns n Roses. Which is what the original question was - rank the GnR guitar players.

The hate these people have for Slash just because of Axl..........frigging weird.

I did too, and for a few reasons that I feel I can back up.

Songwriting

It is my opinion Gilby is a better songwriter. Look at Pawnshop and Five O'Clock. The quality of songs, and vocals, on Pawnshop is superior to IFOS, which sounds like the typical, doing it quick, shit that Slash puts out. It seems Slash cares more about quantity than quality. Had IFOS been worked on for a little bit, I'm sure it could have been a great album. Gilby's S/T album is also excellent, its got a great feel, great instruments and vocals. Basically, it sounds like an album that time and love were put into. Slashs sounds like outtakes from the respective singers main bands. While there are a couple of good ones (By The Sword, Promise, Gotten, Nothing to Say), the majority of the album sounds thrown together.

Vocals

I think Gilby is a great singer. He puts his heart out onstage, which is incredible as he is also playing guitar. Slash's singers in his solo bands save for Rod all sound like he found them randomly in LA and gave them a microphone. Myles Kennedy for example. I bag on him all the time because I don't like his voice over Slash's music. It's all personal preference, but I feel post Guns, Gilby has made the better music