Have you reached the "Fuck this band" point yet?

I pretty much have. I can't pinpoint the moment but Axl has just turned this into a curiosity. Kind of like a reality TV show, staring as you pass by a wreck or not being able to help yourself from looking at a fat chick bending over.

OP and I come from different point of views,I love the original lineup and all that.

however,I never thought of Axls hired hands as a real band.

it's Axl and some dudes who can play Sweet Child O Mine from 2002-2014 every night.

I reached the point when Axl called Slash a cancer.

that's not moving on and making music and work with interesting artists and the things he should be doing.

it's petty resentment about shit that went down many,many years ago.

and it's cruel,disrespectful,hateful and comes from a man whose soul is long gone.

I never thought for a second back in 2001 that Axl would have ended up this overweight Vegas performer whose voice is shot, playing weddings and any event he can for cash, and that we would still be on 'one' album - not for a second. I would have predicted Slash ending up in Vegas sooner than Axl, yet Slash has released five albums since 2001 and does 'proper' tours and not greatest hits cash grabs.

• Like 3

If so, when was it? I hate the lack of communication, the lack of releases, the lack of a real management, the lack of musicians who can play their parts, the promises of something soon all the time only to never get it, and the fact that the band seems to hate its fans for wanting new music. I'm getting tired of it, I just want something new from my favorite band. I want to keep supporting Axl, but he is making it so fucking hard by not doing anything. I love CD, I love the new lineups, they're better than the old ones. But I am at a point where I'm beginning to lose faith that Axl cares about us. He never does interviews so we don't know his thoughts, but what are yours?

Naw. Because really, it's just a rock n roll band.

Sure, my favorite rock band of all time. My favorite rock singer of all time. And I want a new album from them more than any other band.

And I think it is a real shame that Axl has pissed away what could have been an even more amazing career.

But at the end of the day, it is just band.

Axl disappointed me when he was a complete disaster in Rio, and ever since then, he has not been able to recover.

I don't know if I would say I'm in a "fuck this band" point, but I never thought I would consider who used to be the best frontman of all time, in my eyes, a complete joke. :shrugs:

• Like 1

He was given a million for the wedding and the bowling alley show was a last minute warmup. He's not quite at ribfest level yet, though I suspect he'll be there soon.

You do realize Ribfest is a charity even that raises money to help prevent child abuse and domestic violence.........right?

Not sure why people portray Slash playing the Ribfest as an insult.

Axl played a wedding. For cash in his pocket.

Slash played a charity even that raises money for child abuse and domestic violence victims.

Which one of those two is worse? Which one is more rock-n-roll? Which one shows the artist has more character and dignity about their music?

Not sure if I have reached a 'fuck this' point, but I certainly lost alot of interest over the last couple of years with the lack of updates, repetative setlists/tours and a current lineup which I ain't to keen on....and I managed to kept interest during the years of silence (late 2002-2006)!!!

Its more of a fuck the label thing for me.......they get too much of a pass since we know they rejected a record from this lineup a few years ago. I think Axl's hands are tied in regards to a new record and theirs nothing he can do since he doesn't want a reunion.

I have reached this point many times and still do to be honest. I don't know you cannot reach this point, given the circumstances and history of this bands "activity", or lack there of.

This

When I´m worn out. I take time off of the band

He was given a million for the wedding and the bowling alley show was a last minute warmup. He's not quite at ribfest level yet, though I suspect he'll be there soon.

You do realize Ribfest is a charity even that raises money to help prevent child abuse and domestic violence.........right?

Slash played a charity even that raises money for child abuse and domestic violence victims.

Which one of those two is worse? Which one is more rock-n-roll? Which one shows the artist has more character and dignity about their music?

The man's gotta earn its precious $'s to support all of his TB 'family' and keep the hired hands paychecks flowing…

The man's gotta earn its precious $'s to support all of his TB 'family' and keep the hired hands paychecks flowing…

I just wish he'd do it creatively!!! Share new music with his millions of fans. Stop living off the past, stop playing weddings and celeb birthday parties, and push this band forward creatively and artistically!!!!! Axl can still make tons of money. I just wish he'd stop taking the easy way out to do it.

Truthfully, when he no showed on me in Philly in December 2002.

I was always a pretty staunch supporter. Even to the point I excused some of his bullshit as "Axl being Axl". But, once he fucks you over specifically, you don't take such a humorous view of his antics. I've been much quicker to criticize him since he pulled that shit on me and a sold out building of long suffering fans.

As for following them in present day, its not like its taking a lot of my time. I check this board and a few others each day. But gone is the living and dying with the news or lack of it.

Pretty much shoulder shrug central for me with this band now. I do not consider them a legit band in any conventional sense of the term.

• Like 2

Truthfully, when he no showed on me in Philly in December 2002.

I was always a pretty staunch supporter. Even to the point I excused some of his bullshit as "Axl being Axl". But, once he fucks you over specifically, you don't take such a humorous view of his antics. I've been much quicker to criticize him since he pulled that shit on me and a sold out building of long suffering fans.

As for following them in present day, its not like its taking a lot of my time. I check this board and a few others each day. But gone is the living and dying with the news or lack of it.

Pretty much shoulder shrug central for me with this band now. I do not consider them a legit band in any conventional sense of the term.

I can dig someone being at the end of their rope with a no show. I've only had to deal with a walk out (Detroit '02) and it was late in the show anyway. By some miracle, I've yet to deal with a no show but I could see that putting a HUGE dent in any desire I'd have to see them again.

Ok.. i look at this currrent Axl fiasco just about like I do the Denver Broncos. As we know they got the shit stomped out of them in the Superbowl with a 43-8 tromping. They however had a great season with a record of 15-3 and it was a blast to watch that. At the moment here in Colorado.. its **&%^^@##!!!! Broncos.. but come next September..it will be another story. GNR are like that for me... ^^%%$$##@! Axl get in the game and make some plays already.

REACHED THAT AGES AGO IMM SURE U ALL HAVE BUT I LIKE COMING HERE ITS LIKE CORINATION STREET OR HEARTBREAK HIGH ITS JUST A PART OF MY LIFE MAN BUT TOO ANSWER THE QUESTION WHEN DID I LOSE FAITH OROBLY 2012 MAN

:o you know Heartbreak High ? I'm impressed. That was one of the best aussie shows ever.

Yeah it was! I used to watch it after The Ferals. Good ol' ABC.

I have never said "Fuck this Band" but I did become rather pissed off during the RIR2011 thing. I saw that as a bit of a letdown. Even though I was stoked they threw Estranged back in the setlist, I was just so disappointed by the performance. Since watching that gig live streamed, I have been to 3 GN'R shows and have no ill feelings towards the band at all anymore.

This is a great thread, and i'm glad that this site promotes free thinking. I remember years ago on HTGTH considering that I didn't want to hurt Axl's feelings by criticizing him - just in case he read my posts! :shrugs: But I think his behavior has since established that he really doesn't give a fuck about the fans, and he should be exposed to opinions of the people who care. Especially after the trainwreck of Chinese Democracy his mission should immediately have been to bury that piece of shit with songs that could make us forget and forgive. He's gotta have them. Instead, as stated here, all he does is play exclusive parties and Vegas Residencies when he needs to pay a few bills (presumably). And while I'm rambling, I hate the new band(s). The infusion of dorkiness (no offense to dorks, i like 'em and when I want to listen to them I'll put on Weezer) that started with Dizzy has not ended since. These guys are just not cool. DJ Ashba's wardrobe alone is a red flag that this guy is trying too hard. I don't care if Bumblefuck is a world-class shredder - I'll listen to Steve Vai for that. I'd rather hear a punk kid who stole his guitar and learned to get real good on his own any day.

The sad thing is outside of the experience of seeing a reunion, Axl's voice sounds so bad now that it would pretty much ruin it if it ever were to happen anyway.

Edited by FreshFromDetox