The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

On 14/12/2018 at 9:30 AM, Len Cnut said:

My Mum tells this story of the time my Uncle came over from Kashmir for a visit, it was New Years Eve and they were watching the telly around half 11, party animals that they are and my uncles getting ready to hit the hay and everyones like 'wait half an hour to see the New Year in', y'know, fireworks on the telly and he's like 'nah, don't worry, I'll catch it in the morning'.

I suspect fireworks are a little passe if you're from Kashmir. :lol:

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2018 at 6:48 PM, Gavin82 said:

If in case no 1 else has noticed both them fights nx wknd 

DW is on SkySports Box Office 9pm

Then CF is on BTSport Box office 10pm

And Warren is claiming sabotage (by Hearn)!

I'll filch both of them so my loyalty is to neither haha.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

And Warren is claiming sabotage (by Hearn)!

I'll filch both of them so my loyalty is to neither haha.

The stupid thing is these guys are supposed to be good businessmen and what they are doing is essentially splitting their audience in half.

• Like 1

I was worried for him man, they was putting him in the recovery position and all that.  Josh though, what the fuck are you doing man?  The whole thing is set up for him to square up with Dillian and go 'I'm up for it' and he basically goes 'yeah, i'm up for but there's an order in which people want it i.e. Wilder first then etc etc etc' and Dillian takes offence to this so he's like look you either want it or you don't so Josh is like look, people want it in a certain order do they want a Wilder or a Whyte so when he says Whyte they all cheer and then he starts gettin' shirty with the crowd like alright well I don't wanna hear no boos then when i fight Dillian and they start booing him, Jesus Christ :lol:  I mean this whole thing is engineered to make you look good, the crowd love you and with your own fuckin' mouth and the shit coming out of it you basically turn them against you.  For the first time ever Josh came off as a bit of a prick to me, people always used to say he was fake and I never agreed but he really made himself look a bit of a wally.  These guys really have no idea about crowd pleasing, seriously, when have you seen in your life an instance of a boxer basically getting lairy with the crowd...that are on his side too.  

9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

To be honest with you after the fight was over I did find myself thinking fucking hell I did a score on that 

It was alright as fights go its just, y'know, a bit mickey mouse for someone to torrent.  If its some big big fight then you could understand but it is what it is, two limited come forward type fighters that have a good little ruck.  I hear Warrington Frampton was a belter, Warringtons really won me over y'know, quality operator, Selby and Frampton are good scalps and I don't buy that whole Frampton is finished bullshit, Warrington is just a classy operator. 

11 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah that was a good fight I paid £20 for that one and recorded it .. should of watched that one live really was the better card overall fair play to BT there given Sly a run for there money 

How was it?  I mean was it evens, did Warrington proper do him, was it cagey, did they get stuck in, how did it go?  I wish I'd watched that one.

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Who the fucks gonna care to go to all the hassle of torrenting Del Boy vs Dillian Whyte :lol:

It is not an endorsement of the desirability of the fight that nobody bothered to put a torrent up, as normally they are always up within two hours.

18 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Told ya mate! Gotta pay the cost if you want the good stuff

Or re-watch Rocky 4.