The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

6 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I still for the life of me, dont know how you guys can say SO DEFINITELY that the guy that got dropped twice won the fight. I would say a draw WAS the appropriate result. 

Because it amounts to four rounds on the cards, so if he won say a round over that, which to me is being charitable he’s still 2 rounds off of winning the fight.

Funnily enough I was scoring this fight for someone who was abroad and couldn't watch it and according to my scoring a draw was possible because two of the rounds i said I couldn't seperate em though I thought Fury was controlling it better.

Round 1: 10-9 Fury

Round 2: dead even

Round 3: 10-9 Fury

Round 4: 10-9 Wilder

Round 5: Even sort of round, not really clear whoose it is though I liked Furys work better

Round 6: Very scrappy again, can't seperate em though i think Fury did the better work

Round 7: 10-9 Fury

Round 8: 10-9 Fury

Round 9: 10-8 Wilder

Round 10: 10-9 Fury

Round 11: 10-9 Fury

Round 12: 10-8 Wilder

Tallied up, having given them both 10 for the dead even round and giving 5 and 6 where i preferred Furys work to Wilders to Fury it works out as 115-112 in favour of Fury.  So in Mikeys defence if the two rounds where i preferred Furys work you preferred Wilders then its a different outcome.  But thats how I have it, 115-112.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The ten rounds without knockdowns were all really marginally, with the two canceling each other out. Fury winning them decisively is utter tripe.

Mate, if Wilder was touching Fury those ten rounds Fury wouldn’t’ve made it the ten.

I have seen this fight thrice now. I put it on for Mater and she said, ''he (Fury) has a spare tire''; Wilder dressed as a chicken drew mild bemusement; Wilder meanwhile was ''as stiff as a plank, barely moving''. Conclusion: ''not as good as Muhammad Ali or Balboa v Drago''.

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He was hitting Fury as much as Fury was hitting him.

As I say, there is no way on earth they were evens in landing, punch stat numbers (though to be fair they can be misleading) have Fury out-landing him, though its also about how you take punches, if you ride a punch or its glancing or take on the gloves etc etc, a number of things go into it.  I dunno, maybe you're right too, I only saw it the once and I'm not exactly Harold Lederman either.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have seen this fight thrice now. I put it on for Mater and she said, ''he (Fury) has a spare tire''; Wilder dressed as a chicken drew mild bemusement; Wilder meanwhile was ''as stiff as a plank, barely moving''. Conclusion: ''not as good as Muhammad Ali or Balboa v Drago''.

I dunno why but you saying that made me think of that from 26.10:

They're watching the Ali Foreman fight btw, its proper hilairious, you should watch it if you ain't already :lol: 

• Like 1

It fuckin' better be, he's fighting Zerafa for crying out loud.  I haven't checked actually but its gotta be, surely.  I'm more interested in Lomachenko if I'm honest, though I know he will paste Pedraza.  You check him out, Vasily Lomachenko, class fighter. 

12 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Is the Pacman Broner fight another BT Box office one do you know?

Will pay for that and the Chisora fight so that's another £40 I didn't think BT commentary was too bad the other night 

Not sure about Broner and Pacman, might not be PPV over here cuz if you think about it how many people know who Adrien Broner is in England?  I dunno, wouldn't put it past em but I don't think it'd be the brightest idea.

9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I broke my wirst 4 weeks ago and I am in fucking agony still doc says it can take up to 6 months to fully heal no way can you break your arm and be fighting the way he did in 12 weeks 

And if he broke it 12 weeks ago and he's had a six week training camp that means he was training on it 6 weeks after the injury...my fuckin' smelly brown arse.

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

It was a win for Fury anyway. I’m sure Denotay has his moments hanging out with 50 Cent. 

He's still got the green strap so thats gotta be worth a few VIP nights with Fif'.  Fif' fucked him off recently if I'm not mistaken, a few months back, he was shit-stirring about Deontay and his bird and the fact that she used to deal with Jarrel Big Baby Miller.  Fif' likes to live dangerously...i mean seriously, who fucks off the heavyweight champion of the world? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

He's still got the green strap so thats gotta be worth a few VIP nights with Fif'.  Fif' fucked him off recently if I'm not mistaken, a few months back, he was shit-stirring about Deontay and his bird and the fact that she used to deal with Jarrel Big Baby Miller.  Fif' likes to live dangerously...i mean seriously, who fucks off the heavyweight champion of the world? :lol:

I think Fiddy coukd fuck Deontay’s bitch tho innit. I feel so white. My name’s Paul and this is between y’all. KFC for lunch yeah. Buckethead solo!

12 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think Fiddy coukd fuck Deontay’s bitch tho innit. I feel so white. My name’s Paul and this is between y’all. KFC for lunch yeah. Buckethead solo!

Believe it or not he was known in boxing circles even before he became a rapper, he was touted for the 1996 US Olympic squad.  He's a crazy fucker is Fif'.  The last of the mohicans.  The last true proper dodgy fucker remaining in hip hop.  Don't get me wrong, they're still street fellas, people like 6 9 and Bobby Shmurda but they're kinda like ground level.  Fif' is a fuckin' certified wrong un.  I'm actually surprised he's made it as long as he has, check the record on Fif', he is a very naughty boy.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Believe it or not he was known in boxing circles even before he became a rapper, he was touted for the 1996 US Olympic squad.  He's a crazy fucker is Fif'.  The last of the mohicans.  The last true proper dodgy fucker remaining in hip hop.  Don't get me wrong, they're still street fellas, people like 6 9 and Bobby Shmurda but they're kinda like ground level.  Fif' is a fuckin' certified wrong un.  I'm actually surprised he's made it as long as he has, check the record on Fif', he is a very naughty boy.

That’s the impression I got. The last real gangster rapper. I believed he would do 3 to 9. Get rich or die tryin to be wasted. 

14 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Wasn't he trying to get into the promoting business with Rizen or someone? 

Yeah, apparently thats where all the barney with him and Floyd kicked off.  See the plan was Fif' and Floyd were gonna go in together on this promotional company, Floyd got banged up for 90 days and Fif' went in on this promotional company thing with the idea being that when Floyd came out they would go in on it together.  Trouble is that in the 90 days in nick Floyd had a change of heart and decided he wanted to rid himself of those one might consider bad influences in his circle and try and work on his PR more so he comes out and fucks Fif' off and thats where all the issues started, apparently money was invested etc etc and Fif' felt hard done by.  Hence the campaign of giving Floyd the needle.

Edited by Len Cnut