The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Billy Joe Saunders is back in action on the Frampton Warrington undercard against Zoltan Cera (nah, me neither).  That fuckin' pisses me off, the clashing cards thing with Boxnation and Sky Sports, proper pissing me off.  The Boxnation/BT Sports card is the better card but I've got a bunch of people comin' over wanting to see Del Boy and Dillian Whyte, which to be fair I always want to see, I mean its just the most stupid un-businessman-like thing I've ever seen.

I mean if there's a million boxing fans looking to see the fights in the weekend you end up splitting them in half whereas if you'd've had it on seperate weekends both parties would've made more money, its stupid as shit and annoying as fuck as a boxing fan who wants to see the fights. 

11 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I'm going to watch the Eddie Hearn card Live record the BT sports and then watch it straight after.

£40 in one night this close to Christmas fuck me dead 

Good idea actually, I'll do that myself!  I've only just got Sky so I'm getting used to all its functions and shit but yeah you can record, can't you?  Nice one.

9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I just have normal Sky HD I think you can record one while you watch another live or maybe even 2...

If you have Sky Q you can record 6 at a go or something 

Its not the same as watching it live though, I'll have to avoid checking my phone or seeing any news, which on the face of it shouldn't be too difficult but can you imagine being in a room full of mates telling them 'no no, don't tell me the results, i wanna watch it after this' :lol:

18 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

In this sort of situation I have to leave my Mobile turned off or in the other room ... Paranoia kicks in and I lock the front door and shut the curtains too like i'm expecting some cunt to parade past and hold up a " Frampton TKO " sign to my window 

I'm the same, during the world cup one of England's group games was on, thd one that Kane scored 3 or 4, and I quickly nipped out to Sainsbury's to get my boy a paddling pool cos it was boiling. I was shooting round the shop second guessing the other customers and staff like "She looks a bit fucking pleased, they must have scored haven't they, probably supporting England. Must be a casual fan otherwise shed have booked the day off work so doesn't go in for petty rivalry and wants England to win. Yeah must be one nil." 😄

15 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Remember when I was in school and would watch the WWE some fuckers with more liberal parents would let them stay up to watch it.

I had to record it on VHS and watch it after school the next day there where no mobile phones back then no Facebook or Twitter but walking around the playground was a fuckin' minefield of spoilers 

I used to wait til the old man left for work (he worked nights) and then stay up until the wee hours watching whatever I liked.  I remember one time he came back and I didn't hear his motor pulling up, I was sitting there, 8 yrs old, watching Dirty Harry.  Shit myself thinking, fuck, I'm gonna get stripings here...he walked in looked at me, looked at the telly and went 'I've seen that before' then sat down and started watching it with me, blissfully aware that it was nearly 1am and his little kid was up.  I got a good half an hours worth of viewing in before he turned me suddenly and went 'hang on, what are you doin' up?  Get to bed you little tinker'.  I think it was around that scene where the serial killer pops into those topless strip joints, it suddenly dawned on him that his 8 yr old son was sitting there looking at tits :lol:

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do that now with torrents, case in point Fury v Wilder. It is a hell of a lot cheaper and I'm not giving money to corporate monopolies. Also, my Ukrainian is coming along nicely.

Yeah but who exactly is gonna care to put Josh Warrington vs Carl Frampton up on torrent?

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You'll probably end up pulling up in a search Frampton Comes Alive!

And I wouldn't wish that on my fuckin' enemies :lol:  I saw a musical with him in it based on Sgt Peppers.  Not onstage, its like a film musical, dunno if you've heard of it.

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

Too much like hard work mate also takes away the thrill of the live fight 

At 5 am in the morning, if I haven't fallen asleep I'm too drunk to care about the result (says me who has been up all night doing an all-nighter for Australia v India!).

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

At 5 am in the morning, if I haven't fallen asleep I'm too drunk to care about the result (says me who has been up all night doing an all-nighter for Australia v India!).

My Mum tells this story of the time my Uncle came over from Kashmir for a visit, it was New Years Eve and they were watching the telly around half 11, party animals that they are and my uncles getting ready to hit the hay and everyones like 'wait half an hour to see the New Year in', y'know, fireworks on the telly and he's like 'nah, don't worry, I'll catch it in the morning'.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1