Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

On 2019-07-30 at 9:28 AM, moreblack said:

What are you not liking about the current style?

I'm a fan of old school style.

There is way too much punching. It's the fakest thing in the business yet everyone has to do it constantly.

Do finish moves exist anymore? Everyone hits multiple finishers in a match, it's too much.

Also, not huge on the high flying, shit.

18 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm a fan of old school style.

There is way too much punching. It's the fakest thing in the business yet everyone has to do it constantly.

Do finish moves exist anymore? Everyone hits multiple finishers in a match, it's too much.

Also, not huge on the high flying, shit.

I dunno, I saw that old stuff happen ( some of it) but it never really made me a believer.

Maybe cherry picking but jesus wtf

Edited by moreblack

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 9:11 PM, Kayo Michell said:

Will Punk be at All Out? Any guesses?

Hope so but doubt it.

They should concentrate on building stars of there own instead of bringing people from the past back, but IF he goes there I say do it on the tv show when it starts

On 09/08/2019 at 6:24 PM, AtariLegend said:

Just a reminder that it's G1 Finals weekend from tommorow.

Ibushi vs. Okada, Ospreay vs. Tanahashi, Naito vs. White, Kenta vs. Zack Sabre, Juice Robinson vs. Jon Moxley, Goto vs. Shingo before the final itself.

Absolutely gutted that 

Spoiler

Naito didn't make the final.

I enjoyed SummerSlam. 

Network stream lagged and lagged.

16 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I am too, however Shibata possibly returning is just wow...

Shibata vs. Kenta at Wrestle Kingdom is going to be amazing if it's happening.

The crowd lost their minds. Chills.

What event was it where he turned up unannounced just to say "I'm alive, that is all?"

Suzuki versus Okada at Royal Quest too.

Goodness me.

3 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

What event was it where he turned up unannounced just to say "I'm alive, that is all?"

It was the G1 final from 2 yeara ago. People hadn't seen him since Sakura Genesis and his match with Okada several months earlier. There were alot of rumours and supposedly alot of the wrestlers didn't know how he was doing.

If you take out the fact that Shibata's brain injury ends his career and almost kills him, it's one of the greatest matches ever imo. It's more of a 90's ajpw big match than a current njpw big match.

On 13/08/2019 at 2:29 PM, moreblack said:

I heard it was laggy, that sucks. I didn't get to see it until later but it was good then.

TakeOver lagged too the night before. Probably because the network has updated recently. I remember when I first subscribed a couple of years ago and there was plenty of lag then.

On 13/08/2019 at 3:43 PM, AtariLegend said:

It was the G1 final from 2 yeara ago. People hadn't seen him since Sakura Genesis and his match with Okada several months earlier. There were alot of rumours and supposedly alot of the wrestlers didn't know how he was doing.

If you take out the fact that Shibata's brain injury ends his career and almost kills him, it's one of the greatest matches ever imo. It's more of a 90's ajpw big match than a current njpw big match.

Shouldn't have given Okada that headbutt should he?

I'm a lapsed fan that watched Summer Slam to see the Trish Stratus match in Toronto.I was pleasantly surprised at both how good that match was, and the event as a whole.

Bray Wyat's new gimmick was cool as fuck. He would be one of the all time greats if he wasn't in this dysfunctional era where they can't book, or create characters properly anymore.

WWE still has a long way to go before they get me back though. They're like that ex girl you had all those good times with a long time ago, but then they would just continue to let you down...Actually there's been more than one girl like that :lol:

19 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Royal Quest in just over an hour. Really looking forward to NJPWs first big UK show.

How was the stream?

I read on twitter that there were some problems.

I bought ALL OUT on my PlayStation4 but that stream wouldn't work either. Bitterly disappointed about it. Working on getting a refund.

TakeOver Cardiff was fantastic.

• 1 month later...