GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

9 hours ago, starlight said:

Yeah. I recognize he isn't in his best shape right now but he's still good looking.Plus I like the way Slash is and the music he plays

to me he is still hot and getting hotter! now that he's he ditched that awful Fu Manchu and when he skips the hats and dark glasses and i can see those gorgeous eyes *swoon*. he also has a nice ass :P so yeah i'd still do him for sure. i'd make him play Layla/November Rain just for me like he did when i saw him in Vegas in April...naked! i'm so naughty... :wub:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, nonok said:

@Lumikki That interview is a gold mine, thank you! Call me crazy, but I really wanna see Axl pissed off and breaking everything around him. I mean, he's basically fabled for it, and the way she described the look in his eyes makes it even more interesting. And sharing those letters is an invasion of privacy, but then again it gives us more insight into Axl's psyche and makes it easier to relate to him.

I'd kinda like to watch one of these temper tantrums as well. But only from a safe distance, and for purely scientific reasons of course :P But Axl actually seems to have multiple kinds of freak-outs/melt-downs. The rage-y, violent ones, the I'm-gonna-lock-myself-in-a-room-and-refuse-to-come-out ones, the ones where he disappears for days or stops talking, or the ones where he ends up sitting on the roof of a building or jumps out of a speeding car.... Interesting fellow he is, for sure. 

Re: Tattoos. I can take 'em or leave 'em. Not very fond of tattoos in general, but Axl's are better than Slash's at least.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, nonok said:

Alright, let's discuss his tattoos. Axl has the coolest tats out of everyone in the band imo, he was one of the pioneers of the typical rock star frontman image - short and tight shirts & pants and tattooed arms. But his aren't overbearing like nowadays' sleeves and full body crap (Slash's are similar in that aspect, but his are less colorful or something) ... Though he should really get them touched up. They've gotten smudged and desaturated over the years, so he should fix that.

I agree that the placement of the 5 on his arms works well. The cross is certainly my favorite because it's just so damn iconic. I had some magazine (probably Rolling Stone) back in the day that had a lot of close ups and I remember being fascinated esp since not everyone had tattoos (this is late 80s when some girl in my high school got a tattoo and nose piercing and it was a scandal!) So yeah it's aging and sun exposure etc and the cross is so dark now. :/

"He is just a nit-picky perfectionist and when things don’t go smoothly and to his liking he just loses it. He blows up. I’ve seen him do it on many occasions, smashing things and breaking things and yelling and screaming - holes through walls. I saw him do it one too many times."

I've noticed that myself. The most ridiculous things set him off (or used to at least).

Guy looks at him the wrong way? - Drama!

Guy with a camera in the crowd? - Drama!

Can't find his contact lenses? - Drama!

Mishears Slash saying something on stage? - Drama!

Asked to apologize to Slash's grandma? - Drama!

Can't find his favorite bandana before the show? - Drama!

Stubbed his toe? - Drama!

Accidentally woken up by someone? - Drama!

And I'm sure there a many, many more of these incidences. It's completely ridiculous behavior coming from an adult. Can't really blame the rest of the guys for being sick and tired of dealing with him.

18 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! So thrilled about this! :wub::headbang::wub:

I'm hoping for some nice pics of Slash and Duff with Axl as well!

A+ stalking... I mean research job you're doing here, @Andy14 :heart:

Haha, thanks. You know, I have some work to finish by the end of this week and this is a great way of procrastinating haha.

I hope that the reason of Slash and Duff visiting London is that one of them will be streaming the show tomorrow :max:

7 hours ago, Lumikki said:

He still does! Still looks exactly the same on the autograph he gave me recently.

I wonder what made him decide to get one in the first place.

Okay, I actually know this story! Or what the story going around was...that Tracii Guns and Axl both decided to get their nipples pierced. When they went to get the piercings Tracii saw how painful it was for Axl and chickened out. :D

I'd love to know the details, though - nipple piercings were pretty uncommon in the 1980s, and from what I have been told they're incredibly painful to get, so it doesn't seem like the sort of thing one would do without a compelling reason.

8 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I thought Izzy's comment was pretty dumb as well. So what if Axl didn't have sex during high school? Like you said, lots of kids don't and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think it would be better for most kids to wait a little longer. And Axl did eventually find himself a pretty nice girl it seems, so...

But I just remembered Gina said Axl was 20 or something when they started dating. If he really never touched a woman before that (although we don't know that for sure obviously), I can see why that would seem strange to Izzy, considering that the average age for that kind of thing lies quite a bit lower and Izzy and the other guys in the band all seem inordinately proud of the fact that they were screwing around from a young age (*cough* Slash *cough*). :facepalm:  Sorry for the dig at Slash, but that man sure loves talking about what he got up to at 12 or 13 and all the older women he managed to have sex with :rolleyes: (Not that Izzy or Steven are much better).

Men. :facepalm:

ITA, waiting until one feels right about it is nothing to be ashamed of, and high school kids shouldn't feel pressured into having sex or feeling it's necessary to be socially accepted. 20's definitely a late bloomer statistically, but I wonder if those stats would be different if one looked at kids from very religious backgrounds vs. others.

All the stories about Slash and Steven when they're young teenagers actually make me sad. Steven Adler has mentioned that he basically prostituted himself to adult men when he was 12 or 13..that's not a sexual escapade; that's an adult performing a criminal act on a minor.

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Spot on! :thumbsup:

There's no way for us to know when Axl lost his virginity and I'm not curious either. I'm soooo past that phase of wondering such things about people and yes, I hated Izzy for saying that because when he said that he must have been well into his 40's or even older and I find pathetic that a person that age talks about those things or makes jokes about that.

Also, most of kids in school brag about having sex and stuff because there's so much stupid peer pressure about it that the ones who didn't do it feel inferior or like they're slow. I say bullshit to all of that. That's where all the unwanted pregnancies begin. In my time, I also discovered the ones saying they had done this or that were all liars. They had done nothing. :max:

Yes, that's so true - the people who were actually having sex in high school weren't necessarily the ones who bragged about it left and right or the ones who had more mature clothing or makeup. People make shit up all the time in high school to try to fit in and be accepted. >:(

7 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Your first-hand source? And told you about what exactly? Do tell, I'm curious :lol:

But I think these letters were around long before Erin ever auctioned her stuff off? At least I think I saw these for the first time a long, long time ago. And I also took them from that ancient website I mentioned that clearly hasn't been updated in years.

Yeah, a person who knew both Axl and Gina. What they said its similar to what Gina said, especially the part of her "maintaining" Axl, supporting him financially.

What I'm saying about the letters is that they are in the batch of things Erin auctioned so I'm thinking those letters belonged to her, not Gina. Would Erin auction the letters Axl sent to Gina? I suspect not.

Also, Gina doesn't sound like the kind of person she would show those letters in a magazine.

1 hour ago, stella said:

ITA, waiting until one feels right about it is nothing to be ashamed of, and high school kids shouldn't feel pressured into having sex or feeling it's necessary to be socially accepted. 20's definitely a late bloomer statistically, but I wonder if those stats would be different if one looked at kids from very religious backgrounds vs. others.

All the stories about Slash and Steven when they're young teenagers actually make me sad. Steven Adler has mentioned that he basically prostituted himself to adult men when he was 12 or 13..that's not a sexual escapade; that's an adult performing a criminal act on a minor.

The statistics actually are different, I think I read something about that once. But this was talking about people from very fundamentalist circles. Axl's background is certainly also very religious, but he at least went to a public school and wasn't home-schooled and all that jazz.

And I totally agree about Steven and Slash. It makes me sad as well. I remember reading Slash's book (I think?) and he was talking about a very young Steven getting into trouble because he was sleeping with some guy's wife (the guy and his wife being around 30 or mid 20s or something). Slash made it seem like the problem here was the woman cheating on her husband with Steven and the husband getting mad about it, instead of the fact that a young boy was having sex with an adult. That one definitely made me raise my eyebrows and question the kind of world view some of these guys have. And while Slash seems pretty unharmed by his various early escapades, I've often wondered if all the things that happened to Steven aren't one of the main reasons why he is so messed up (and he might not even realize it himself).

1 hour ago, stella said:

Okay, I actually know this story! Or what the story going around was...that Tracii Guns and Axl both decided to get their nipples pierced. When they went to get the piercings Tracii saw how painful it was for Axl and chickened out. :D

I'd love to know the details, though - nipple piercings were pretty uncommon in the 1980s, and from what I have been told they're incredibly painful to get, so it doesn't seem like the sort of thing one would do without a compelling reason.

I didn't know that! Thanks for telling that story :D I was under the impression piercings in general were pretty uncommon in the 80s (at least compared to nowadays), so I was always curious what made Axl decide to get one. The only thing I remember that he himself said about the piercing was that girls should be careful to get involved with someone with piercings like that because a man like that might be really masochistic and enjoy the pain. Or something.

36 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, a person who knew both Axl and Gina. What they said its similar to what Gina said, especially the part of her "maintaining" Axl, supporting him financially.

What I'm saying about the letters is that they are in the batch of things Erin auctioned so I'm thinking those letters belonged to her, not Gina. Would Erin auction the letters Axl sent to Gina? I suspect not.

Also, Gina doesn't sound like the kind of person she would show those letters in a magazine.

Cool! How did you meet someone who knew Axl and Gina?

But they aren't? I just clicked through the auction items to check and these particular letters aren't among the things Erin sold.

You can still see all the items here: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/110/lot/47326/AXL-ROSE-AND-ERIN-EVERLY-NOTES

And like I said, I also remember seeing these before Erin ever sold anything, so I'm pretty sure they are Gina's.

Edited by Lumikki

I can't keep up with you ladies! I've been working almost all day :(. Very interesting things you've been talking about here! Gina's interview was very good! So Axl IS manic depressive? I have a good friend that is manic depressive and he has to have lithium every single day to keep his moods in control. He had also trouble with cops. I think the scary part about that are their reactions, they can control that -more or less- with medications but if they don't take them... they loose it easily!

By reading those letters he seems/seemed so cute with his girlfriends but when you read some things he supposedly did... well :facepalm:

Conclusion: he's a mistery.:rofl-lol:

@BetterDay7 welcome!!! :lol:

Edit: oh!! All in London! Do you think they are going to the ac/dc show and then back to L.A? Or something else to do there? :question:

Edited by Carlycosmos

36 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Cool! How did you meet someone who knew Axl and Gina?

But they aren't? I just clicked through the auction items to check and these particular letters aren't among the things Erin sold.

You can still see all the items here: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/110/lot/47326/AXL-ROSE-AND-ERIN-EVERLY-NOTES

And like I said, I also remember seeing these before Erin ever sold anything, so I'm pretty sure they are Gina's.

I didn't meet them. I just started talking on Facebook with them for a while.

Well, I had those letters along with the other letters and I thought they all came from the same place. He used to write "Erin" in the beginning of his letters but these ones don't address any particular name, so I dont' know :shrugs:

Just now, cheesecake said:

Anybody here going to Axl/DC show in the UK? @MillionsOfSpiders you are in the UK right? Are you going? 

Do you guys think by any chance Duff and Slash will be going to catch Axl performing with 'DC?

I am in the UK, couldn't make it to London this weekend cos I'm working nights but I'll be in Manchester. No doubt there will be no slash or duff there :max:

1 hour ago, stella said:

Steven Adler has mentioned that he basically prostituted himself to adult men when he was 12 or 13..that's not a sexual escapade; that's an adult performing a criminal act on a minor.

He did WHAT?!! :o Damn, I didn't know that. When did he say that?

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

That's awesome you got to talk to someone who knew them. Did they tell you anything else interesting?

48 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

I can't keep up with you ladies! I've been working almost all day :(. Very interesting things you've been talking about here! Gina's interview was very good! So Axl IS manic depressive? I have a good friend that is manic depressive and he has to have lithium every single day to keep his moods in control. He had also trouble with cops. I think the scary part about that are their reactions, they can control that -more or less- with medications but if they don't take them... they loose it easily!

By reading those letters he seems/seemed so cute with his girlfriends but when you read some things he supposedly did... well :facepalm:

Conclusion: he's a mistery.:rofl-lol:

@BetterDay7 welcome!!! :lol:

Edit: oh!! All in London! Do you think they are going to the ac/dc show and then back to L.A? Or something else to do there? :question:

Axl himself denied here on this forum that he was manic-depressive. He got that diagnosis once, but doesn't believe in it, because it was just some "fill in the boxes to the questions" test.

I think they are going to watch Axl with ACDC and maybe even play with them, but it's possible they also have other business in London and just combined the two things.

Edited by Frey

I'm pretty sure Duff and Slash will be attending the show tomorrow. And I hope they will hang out with Axl and we'll get some cool pics. Or maybe Duff came to help Axl with his workout. ;)

Btw. I came across this photo today. Have you seen it? I think Axl looks great here. :wub:

(How come he's able to have pictures from the same show where he looks twice as big? :max:)

axldc17.jpg

3 minutes ago, Frey said:

That's awesome you got to talk to someone who knew them. Did they tell you anything else interesting?

It is indeed and something bad happened to them and I've been devastated since then and I regret some stuff I didn't do/say to them.

Yes, we talked a lot but I don't think I can reveal much more. I don't feel right about it.

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

This interview is amazing! Sounds a lot to what my first-hand source told me :)

But the letters are not for Gina. I think these are part of the batch that Erin auctioned. These letters were sent to Erin, as far as I know.

No, these were Gina's, I remember them from the original interview.