GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

2 minutes ago, giuls said:

Yes, @killuridols that's  why i said wiki can grant certification but it's not important because if you wait 4 days and  do 10 contributations after registration you yourself can edit Axl's page, it's literally in the passage you posted that confirmed accounts has the same priviliges that autoconfirmed aka editing semi protected pages and it's redundant for wiki to confirm an account with already the 4 days/10 contributions requirements.

ok but I don't think you or me could enter his page and now change it back to show his relationships, for example.

There must be someone, above the confirmed or autoconfirmed users, that is dictating such and such information has to stay out. Otherwise his profile could be changed every day and the main reasoning behind semi-protection seems to be to prevent vandalism, for which, it'd be stupid to add this lock if anyone can still register, wait 4 days and start vandalizing the profile.

I'm just trying to apply some logic to this :shrugs:

• Like 1

How the heck do you guys find this stuff so quickly?  So can someone recap for those of us (ahem) who are unable to decipher the real gist of it..namely, the removal of Axl's personal info was (a) part of a general clean-up across all celebrities and (B) anyone registered and with 10 posts ARE able to go in an edit someone's page. Meaning, its not necessarily someone from his camp. Is this correct?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

How the heck do you guys find this stuff so quickly?  So can someone recap for those of us (ahem) who are unable to decipher the real gist of it..namely, the removal of Axl's personal info was (a) part of a general clean-up across all celebrities and (B) anyone registered and with 10 posts ARE able to go in an edit someone's page. Meaning, its not necessarily someone from his camp. Is this correct?

:lol:

Welcome to the BISCUIT Jungle, Whiskey Rose!!!

We are in the laboratory right now, doing heavy research and trying to figure out what kind of virus has attacked Axl's Wikipedia profile.

I'm afraid we're still in the process of investigation and getting clues.

There's only one hypothesis and not so many clear lines of investigation.

Conclusions are far from sight, in my opinion.

Dr. @Blackstar is in charge of the team. Talk to her! :ph34r:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He just looked a lot more worn out to me. I've not watched any vids for a while, and I just noticed a little difference in him. Maybe he's tired and needs a break. He didn't sing as well at MSG too, so could be all the travel and stresses of touring are telling. 

I would imagine he's getting tired. Not a young boy anymore and I often wondered if he's was biting off more than he could chew, with Axl/Dc. I know they are one of his icons so he would never say no to Angus.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:lol:

Welcome to the BISCUIT Jungle, Whiskey Rose!!!

We are in the laboratory right now, doing heavy research and trying to figure out what kind of virus has attacked Axl's Wikipedia profile.

I'm afraid we're still in the process of investigation and getting clues.

There's only one hypothesis and not so many clear lines of investigation.

Conclusions are far from sight, in my opinion.

Dr. @Blackstar is in charge of the team. Talk to her! :ph34r:

lol. Right-O. I shall leave yous to your beakers, bunsen burners and microscopic slides and await the final Diagnosis. :P

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, giuls said:

The confirmed user are simply user that have 4 days of registration and 10 contributions to wikipedia, wiki can grant it but it's "reduntant" for people with autocertification (the 4 days and 10 cont. Thing) because they have the same privilige (editing protected pages as the Axl one) it is granted mostly for alt accounts as far as i saw in the request page, it isnt important.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:User_access_levels#Confirmed

I find more interesting that Erin cancelled her posts, did she something? Was it TB? Axl? Slash? I wonder

I wonder if Axl or Team asked her to, to deflect. It could be something simple like they are friends and don't want her to open doors to gossipy scandal.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

lol. Right-O. I shall leave yous to your beakers, bunsen burners and microscopic slides and await the final Diagnosis. :P

To be fair, it does seem as if Wikipedia has had a major overhaul. I checked quite a few other profiles, including Slash and Angus, and none have information of spouse on the first bit, with date of birth etc. Slashs does have marital info in his personal life section and so does Angus. 

edit cos he has no kids :D

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He just looked a lot more worn out to me. I've not watched any vids for a while, and I just noticed a little difference in him. Maybe he's tired and needs a break. He didn't sing as well at MSG too, so could be all the travel and stresses of touring are telling. 

Yes, I don't think there's anything other than he is maybe tired. Before the MSG show he tweeted "7 [shows] down, 3 to go!" He had tweeted something similar about the GnR shows, but he had also tweeted "Only 6 more shows of the GNR US tour 2 go!! How can that be?!! Say it ain't so!!" :lol:

At MSG he didn't sing as well as Buffalo (although people from the AC/DC forum who attended MSG said he was great) but he wasn't worse than other previous shows, and last night he was very good again. Maybe an additional reason for him not talking much at MSG was that he was stressed because it's the NY shows that are reviewed mostly by the big music magazines.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, killuridols said:

ok but I don't think you or me could enter his page and now change it back to show his relationships, for example.

There must be someone, above the confirmed or autoconfirmed users, that is dictating such and such information has to stay out. Otherwise his profile could be changed every day and the main reasoning behind semi-protection seems to be to prevent vandalism, for which, it'd be stupid to add this lock if anyone can still register, wait 4 days and start vandalizing the profile.

I'm just trying to apply some logic to this :shrugs:

If i'd remember my password i could, i have the certification, it was probably protected because of the fat meme, people tends to trol.l in the eng wiki  and it's considered vandalism but the registred users dont vandalize because they get banned so that's why they can. 

the reason that @Blackstar posted are actually good reason if they used tabloids as sources, it's against the guidlines and they should be reviewed, that's why it was eliminated, there isnt a conspiracy that's how wiki works.

11 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I wonder if Axl or Team asked her to, to deflect. It could be something simple like they are friends and don't want her to open doors to gossipy scandal.

Yes, but they said she deleted them all, some were old and why delete the posts about Slash? Plus, let's be honest, we're the only ones that care, the posts are old and the tabloids cared very little when they were made so :shrugs:

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, I don't think there's anything other than he is maybe tired. Before the MSG show he tweeted "7 [shows] down, 3 to go!" He had tweeted something similar about the GnR shows, but he had also tweeted "Only 6 more shows of the GNR US tour 2 go!! How can that be?!! Say it ain't so!!" :lol:

At MSG he didn't sing as well as Buffalo (although people from the AC/DC forum who attended MSG said he was great) but he wasn't worse than other previous shows, and last night he was very good again. Maybe an additional reason for him not talking much at MSG was that he was stressed because it's the NY shows that are reviewed mostly by the big music magazines.

Take a break, @Dexter !:max:

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

To be fair, it does seem as if Wikipedia has had a major overhaul. I checked quite a few other profiles, including Slash and Angus, and none have information of spouse on the first bit, with date of birth etc. Slashs does have marital info in his personal life section and so does Angus. 

edit cos he has no kids :D

LOL, I saw the before edit.  Yes, this is the ideal scenario...so the CSI's need to concentrate on why Erin's posts have been wiped ha ha ..although @stella had a plausible theory for that too.  my god, could it be that we are reading way more into this than we should??!!  hmm, Nah.

• Like 3

@Blackstar Funny you should bring up Twitter. He hasn't even been as positive on there as he has been recently.

It surprised me a bit, him saying that about AC/DC but no emojis, no "say it ain't so" like he was looking forward to it being over.

And no recent thanks to people going out to the shows, which he can be a week late on but he still has found time to say "ebayers suck" 

I think Axl just needs a bit of a chill out soon.

• Like 2

I really do think that if Erin has started pulling back from public social media use, it's because of the jerks and the increased scrutiny she's been getting, nothing more. Anything she writes or posts is getting thrown under the microscope. It's not helpful for either her or Axl to have any conjecture happening about them, especially since even the smallest thing gets blown up into news media posts.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Blackstar Funny you should bring up Twitter. He hasn't even been as positive on there as he has been recently.

It surprised me a bit, him saying that about AC/DC but no emojis, no "say it ain't so" like he was looking forward to it being over.

And no recent thanks to people going out to the shows, which he can be a week late on but he still has found time to say "ebayers suck" 

I think Axl just needs a bit of a chill out soon.

It had emojis, but still...

axtweetsept12.jpg

I found the protection note, it says only autoconfirmed users (the 4 days/10 contributions users) people were jerks, it was restricted only to people that get banned if they're jerks, mistery solved, it wasnt TB

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/647222327

I think Axl is a bit less enthusiastic on twitter because even if he has fun with ACDC, it has more fun with his friends, ACDC is only work to him, a great job but a job, GNR its another thing especially with Sluff there. :lol:

Edited by giuls
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, giuls said:

If i'd remember my password i could, i have the certification, it was probably protected because of the fat meme, people tends to trol.l in the eng wiki  and it's considered vandalism but the registred users dont vandalize because they get banned so that's why they can. 

the reason that @Blackstar posted are actually good reason if they used tabloids as sources, it's against the guidlines and they should be reviewed, that's why it was eliminated, there isnt a conspiracy that's how wiki works.

I know that is how it works... Seems like they remembered how it works NOW as oppossed to all the years it was filled with "tabloid" info :rolleyes:

Also, like @Frey said before, how are you going to back up Axl's information if there is nothing academically written about him, except for unauthorized biographies and music magazines?

How is getting married or being divorced tabloid information? What would be a proper way to back up that information then? :shrugs:

I do not know one single biography of any celebrity, famous, public figure or whatever anyone is known for that doesn't mention stuff about their personal lives.

You can find that info on people as serious as Stephen Hawkings, Albert Einstein, Jean Paul Sartre, Ernest Hemingway or even Hitler, lol... I mean... what's up with this?

Dumb historical revisionism :facepalm:

I scrolled a lot to find the protection note, it's dated a year ago,  and actually there was A LOT of back and forth between users in the edits session about the relationship session so its not recent and the problems werent Erin or shit like that, it was more flirts uncomfirmed, (like the Lana rumour or Sasha) details about his partners that didnt partain to Axl, the world allegedly was used and you cant use it, but there was a lot of edits and when there are, the session gets cancelled as a whole so it can be reviewed in the talk session so it can be written in a way that is conforming to the guidelines.

You can use actually confirmed sources as in from Axl or his camp or someone reputable as Duff, for example, there are pages that dont adhere to this standard but obviously Axl's page is popular so its more controlled.

45 minutes ago, giuls said:

I found the protection note, it says only autoconfirmed users (the 4 days/10 contributions users) people were jerks, it was restricted only to people that get banned if they're jerks, mistery solved, it wasnt TB

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/647222327

I think Axl is a bit less enthusiastic on twitter because even if he has fun with ACDC, it has more fun with his friends, ACDC is only work to him, a great job but a job, GNR its another thing especially with Sluff there. :lol:

Yep. If one goes back and looks at that article, it's been protected off and on for a long time. And so are tons of other celebrity articles on Wiki.

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I have watched most of the US Axl/DC tour and they have been great and I think really just the MSG one was not his very best. ..but still not bad at all. I have really enjoyed watching him belt out those tunes. He sounds great!

Wasn't there some speculation about the future of AC/DC, given that another of the members is retiring after this tour? Maybe Angus made his decision and that's bringing Axl down a little, whatever that decision is? Or maybe Axl's bummed because it's almost the end of the AC/DC tour, there hasn't been a decision made, and he doesn't know if it's the end of the road with that gig?

• Like 1