Nintendo Switch

Gnrfan2001

for your convenience, here is an updated list of upcoming  games to look out for:

1. ridge racer
  2. V rally
  3. yoshi
  4. donkey kong
  5. metroid 4
  6. captain toad
  7. wild guns
  8. street fighter
  9. another world
  10. dark souls
  11. wolfenstein
  12. pokemon
  13. smash bros
  14. mega man 11
  15. bloodstained ritual of the night (castlevania clone)

6 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I saw @action was playing some Pay Day 2 today. 👍

it is, by far, my favorite switch game. and if you look at my games list, you'll notice some heavy hitters on there.

it's one of these rare games that you can't put down.

i'm also not alone. i have many switch friends who have already 100, 200 hours and more on the game.

my brother has it too. when he's at home, we play online. when he comes visiting, we play local wireless. these are the great goldeneye / perfect dark days revisited, but exponentially better

• GNFNR 1

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:36 AM, arnold layne said:

Switch still sucks ass.

I have to wait until July to get Treasure Trackers (a fucking port game) because everything else is trash.

you are hype!

Edited by action
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2018 at 5:36 PM, arnold layne said:

Switch still sucks ass.

I have to wait until July to get Treasure Trackers (a fucking port game) because everything else is trash.

BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Rabbids, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bayonetta Trilogy, Fire Emblem Warriors, Kirby Star Allies, Arms and tons of exclusive indie games are trash but Treasure Tracker is a saving grace for you?

I mean I love myself some Captain Toad but uh...yeah you do you man :P 

4 hours ago, arnold layne said:

If Breath of the Wild was a Switch exclusive it would automatically redeem how disappointing it is. 

But it isn't. Therefore the Wii U is far superior, and it will remain superior unless Nintendo releases more exclusives and adds an online shop for classics.

there's many WiiU copies of the game waiting to be sold, in virtually any video game store you walk into. fact: WiiU copies of the game don't sell.

the biggest disappointment of the WiiU was not having an original Zelda game. this is what held me, and many others, off from buying a WiiU. by the time it was clear the game would come to the switch, the WiiU had had it's chance. it failed miserably.

Edited by action

I beat Darker Side in Super Mario Odyssey. Now I just want to collect all the moons. I think I don't have to share my general distaste for the all the shortcomings the Switch has amounted to this far, but I will say Odyssey is incredible. I think I rank it my third favorite behind 64 and 3D World. BoTW and Odyssey might make the Switch worth it.

The girlfriend picked up Kirby a few hours ago. I wasn't to impressed with the demo but I will give it a go. 

I also bought Monopoly. 😁

8 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I beat Darker Side in Super Mario Odyssey. Now I just want to collect all the moons. I think I don't have to share my general distaste for the all the shortcomings the Switch has amounted to this far, but I will say Odyssey is incredible. I think I rank it my third favorite behind 64 and 3D World. BoTW and Odyssey might make the Switch worth it.

The girlfriend picked up Kirby a few hours ago. I wasn't to impressed with the demo but I will give it a go. 

I also bought Monopoly. 😁

that's.... a positive message coming from you, all thing considered.

the power of the nintendo difference I guess B-)

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Looks like the Nintendo Switch version of Dark Souls Remastered(one of the greatest games ever.) will be the definitive version. Ironically, despite PC, PS4 and Xbox all being more powerful and having 4K - they look worse. As in worse than even the old version because they have undergone lighting and subtle artistic changes which have tarnished it. While the Switch seems to be nothing but an improvement and you can play it anywhere. I sank hundreds of hours into this game many years ago which is rare for me to spend that much time on a game. I know I've gone on about this before but I'm looking forward to this and highly recommend it especially if you've never played before.

Dark Souls is not as difficult as people make it out to be, all you need is a little patience. But I will be invading and pillaging anyone cool enough to play it - and also helping out. :lol:

payday is better :P

BOTW is incredible, haven't played it for a couple of days now since I paid too little attention to my GF + when I was hanging out with some buddies it was all I thought about whenever it was quiet for a couple of seconds. :P I've played it for two weeks now and still has so much left to do, only beaten one divine beast, getting side tracked all the time. 

On the subject of Payday, I'm having a hard time justifying it buying it on switch when I can get it on my ps3 for a tenth of the switch price. 

I've thought about getting Skyrim when I'm done with Zelda, never played it before so I'm interrested to see what all the hype was about after all these years. Thinking about Rocket League too, I've only played it once at a PS4, however I'm not big on gaming online so it might not be worth it. 

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah it's a great game, I really should play it. It's getting extra content too.

Not only is a great game but it’s a quasi-sequel to two of my favorite games of all time, being Sonic and Sonic 2. Those two games are simply perfect for me and I’m so glad we got another classic sonic game.

• Like 1

Physical is everything @AxlRoseCDII. I expect you to give it a place of honor on your gaming shelf B-)

I ordered the physical version of Wild Guns reloaded. It costs a dolllar more, but who would have thought I'd be able to buy a "new in box" wild guns on a nintendo console these days, for less than 500 dollars? pretty stoked for that one

54 minutes ago, action said:

Physical is everything @AxlRoseCDII. I expect you to give it a place of honor on your gaming shelf B-)

I ordered the physical version of Wild Guns reloaded. It costs a dolllar more, but who would have thought I'd be able to buy a "new in box" wild guns on a nintendo console these days, for less than 500 dollars? pretty stoked for that one

Completely agree. I’m a bit of a nut when it comes to physical. If it’s digital, it doesn’t exist to me. I refuse to support digital content as the fun of gaming to me is in part the instructions and the cover art and the experience getting it. I’m a total nerd but that’s how I feel. Therefore since Sonic Mania is finally getting a physical release I can finally play it. 

• GNFNR 1

Sega Ages is coming to the switch!!! It looks as though a true virtual console probably isn't happening at this point. Instead, they are just going to release the games separately like they have been doing from the get go.

I was thinking about getting Double Dragon 4, it looks FUN.  I thought about getting the OG arcade DD as well (and might at some point), but I have it on my Arcade Machine, and have beaten it multiple times already.  The only advantage to getting it for the Switch is portability. But again, it's not a game I would play all that much. DD 4 I would because it's new.

6 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Sega Ages is coming to the switch!!! It looks as though a true virtual console probably isn't happening at this point. Instead, they are just going to release the games separately like they have been doing from the get go.

I was thinking about getting Double Dragon 4, it looks FUN.  I thought about getting the OG arcade DD as well (and might at some point), but I have it on my Arcade Machine, and have beaten it multiple times already.  The only advantage to getting it for the Switch is portability. But again, it's not a game I would play all that much. DD 4 I would because it's new.

here's a not comprehensive list of virtual console games on the switch:

NES virtual console:
mario bros
super mario bros
punch out

SNES virtual console:
another world
flashback
street fighter II
street fighter II turbo
super street fighter II
street fighter alpha