"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The way I heard it went down McDowell was plenty pissed about the whole thing, the eye thing.

Well, I'm sure it did hurt him, but the movie made him a huge star! He was super nice when I met him, but he did admit to being full of himself back in those days. I commended him for saying that.

Cube 2 Hypercube Not as good as the first one nor the last one.

It seems all the people in these cubes have the same personalities and no one seems to ever get out. Well, maybe one, but in the second one, they all were killed.

I wonder if they will ever continue this series?

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Garden of Evil (1954)

Viva Zapata! (1955)

The Fugitive Kind (1960)

Reflections in a Golden Eye (1967)

Roman Holiday (1953)

Roman J Israel Esq (2018)

Track 29 (1987)

Oh, the Roman J Israel is on cable this week. I love Denzel. I am dvring it and can't wait to see it.

I loved him in the Equalizer movie and so glad they are making a second one.

Was Roman good? I think Denzel is one of the best actors we have today. He's just so good and so watchable.

I love him!

8 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Cube 2 Hypercube Not as good as the first one nor the last one.

It seems all the people in these cubes have the same personalities and no one seems to ever get out. Well, maybe one, but in the second one, they all were killed.

I wonder if they will ever continue this series?

Oh, the Roman J Israel is on cable this week. I love Denzel. I am dvring it and can't wait to see it.

I loved him in the Equalizer movie and so glad they are making a second one.

Was Roman good? I think Denzel is one of the best actors we have today. He's just so good and so watchable.

I love him!

It was good, worth a watch, wasn’t mind blowing or anything but definitely worth your time.

21 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

It was good, worth a watch, wasn’t mind blowing or anything but definitely worth your time.

Cool. It is on Starz tomorrow night. I will definitely watch it.

I also saw Sicario and Hell or High Water.

Loved Sicario. I really like Del Toro. This movie was so good and crazy.

Hell or high water was pretty good. Some parts were slow, but it was a good story. Sad at the end of the movie.

I would love to see the new Sicario 2, but probably will catch it on cable.

Devil's Gate 3/5 No devil and no gate? lol

My friend Dahmer  It was about Jeff's high school years. I dvr'd it because any scene where this crazy killer killed animals I sped up. 2/5. It was slow and boring and his mother and father were both annoying. They had their own demons so Jeff did shit that they didn't notice.

Roman J. Israel Esq. with Denzel Washington and Colin Farrell

I liked it a lot, but it was so sad. He was excellent as savant. The movie just shows you how the prison and justice system sucks a lot of the time, especially if you don't have any money for a good lawyer. It depressed me a little.

I give it a 4/5

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
spelling

Red Sparrow - like The Americans the ultra violent movie

All the Money in the World - much more enjoyable than I thought

Den of Thieves - more entertaining remake of Heat

The Commuter - fun spin off of Taken crossed with Speed 2. With conspiracy angle of Jake Gyllenhal movie. 

They were all pretty good. 

The Wild One (1953).  Of the big Brando films, its actually probably the worst and yet its probably his most iconic too, or at least top 4 or 5 most iconic.  The role doesn't really ask a lot of Brando as an actor though there are glimpses of brilliance there.  Funny that, this great actor that kind of became like...the touch paper for youth rebellion and the archetype of the young rebel and its sort of middling as performances go.  Not because Brandos shit in it by any means, just because it doesn't require a lot of him.  There are about two key scenes in it where you see Brando bringing little flashes to the role that no one else could and they sort of give the central character all its depth.  Saw this film a million times as a kid and its still fresh in my mind all these years later but as a grown up its clear to me that its not Brandos best work.  Its a case of the right movie at the right time by the right actor to kind of set a standard for youth culture and youth rebellion.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuck knows man.  Cracking films though, cant reccomend em enough.

I’ll look out for them in the multiverse of entertainment. I spend 2 hours searching for something to watch then fall asleep watching Yes minister on bbc 2. 

30 minutes ago, wasted said:

I’ll look out for them in the multiverse of entertainment. I spend 2 hours searching for something to watch then fall asleep watching Yes minister on bbc 2. 

Netflix is different in different countries right?  I mean the yank netflix then the English one then the one you have in China aint gonna have the same shite on it, is it?

Spiderman:Homecoming

I'm slowly catching up on all the super hero movies to get ready for Avengers:Infinity war. I have it on pre-order. Didn't get to see it in the theatre.

Too many of these damn super heros. lol

8 hours ago, wasted said:

Last Tango in Paris. This yo best shit, Marlon. 

That movie was crazy. That sex scene in the beginning could be taken as rape, but I guess not in this movie.

Yeah, Marlon was hot in that movie. I think it was filmed after the Godfather movie.

Anyway, it was crazy.

12 hours ago, wasted said:

Red Sparrow - like The Americans the ultra violent movie

All the Money in the World - much more enjoyable than I thought

Den of Thieves - more entertaining remake of Heat

The Commuter - fun spin off of Taken crossed with Speed 2. With conspiracy angle of Jake Gyllenhal movie. 

They were all pretty good. 

I also watched The Commuter. I just love Liam Neeson. He rocked in this movie and for a 60 year old guy he was awesome. The story was good, but I did guess who was the traitor.

Good action movie. I don't know how they filmed some of those scenes because they looked so dangerous to do.

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Netflix is different in different countries right?  I mean the yank netflix then the English one then the one you have in China aint gonna have the same shite on it, is it?

True, can’t get netflix in china but I have a box which has many older movies on demand. But thought as I’m back on terra firma I’d try netflix , is it on youtube? 

21 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I also watched The Commuter. I just love Liam Neeson. He rocked in this movie and for a 60 year old guy he was awesome. The story was good, but I did guess who was the traitor.

Good action movie. I don't know how they filmed some of those scenes because they looked so dangerous to do.

I didn’t really guess it, Inwas distracted by the conspiracy elements and then it being like Taken 4. It was just inventive if completely implausible. 

27 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm slowly catching up on all the super hero movies to get ready for Avengers:Infinity war. I have it on pre-order. Didn't get to see it in the theatre.

That movie was crazy. That sex scene in the beginning could be taken as rape, but I guess not in this movie.

Yeah, Marlon was hot in that movie. I think it was filmed after the Godfather movie.

Anyway, it was crazy.

It’s not rape, it’s art. As you look back at the history hollywood it just seems like rape culture brainwashing. 

12 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Anyway, it was crazy.

How could it be taken as rape, they were both into it pretty fully.  Now the butter one, that could be taken as rape.

21 hours ago, wasted said:

It’s not rape, it’s art. As you look back at the history hollywood it just seems like rape culture brainwashing. 

Okay, well, art, but tell me who would have sex with someone they don't know in an apartment? Okay, so it's a movie, but honestly, it seemed weird to me, especially since you have no idea who the hell this guy is or what disease he might have.

I guess my idea of art is different, but it's all good.

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

How could it be taken as rape, they were both into it pretty fully.  Now the butter one, that could be taken as rape.

lol, just thought it was weird, but it's a movie, so anything goes. yeah, they were both into it for sure.

You know there was a Bush video that was taken from this movie, but I don't remember the song? I did like the song and I knew the video was based on Last tango in Paris but no sex scene. lol

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, well, art, but tell me who would have sex with someone they don't know in an apartment? Okay, so it's a movie, but honestly, it seemed weird to me, especially since you have no idea who the hell this guy is or what disease he might have.

I guess my idea of art is different, but it's all good.

lol, just thought it was weird, but it's a movie, so anything goes. yeah, they were both into it for sure.

You know there was a Bush video that was taken from this movie, but I don't remember the song? I did like the song and I knew the video was based on Last tango in Paris but no sex scene. lol

It was the 70s. Pre-aids etc. I know plenty of girls that sleep around even today. No links or pms. 

but tell me who would have sex with someone they don't know in an apartment? Okay, so it's a movie, but honestly, it seemed weird to me, especially since you have no idea who the hell this guy is or what disease he might have.

Thats not the point though is it, rape is about whether you're willing or not willing, people swingers meet at parties are often people who they have no idea who the hell they are or what disease they might have but as long as its consenting i.e. no one is saying or acting like they don't want it then its not rape is it?