"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Evil Doctor

this was another Lifetime movie. Let's just say I had to speed up some of the movie because it just got so stupid. Anyway, lifetime needs to stop making stupid movies. I mean come on!

Yeah, I mean usually they are pretty bad and hokey but that one was in a league of it's own! So bad lol! :lol: :thumbsdown:

21 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah, I mean usually they are pretty bad and hokey but that one was in a league of it's own! So bad lol! :lol: :thumbsdown:

I know. I usually dvr these movies, so by the last half an hour I speed the movie up because by then I'm so disgusted about how stupid the characters are and I just know how it will end anyway.

I watched:

I bury the Living

Devious Nanny

Another lifetime movie, but this one actually had a twist ending. I guessed it, but still a change from the usual suspect. lol

12 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

A Quiet Place - 8.5/10

Solid horror movie and a breath of fresh air from the usual horror trope of current times. Recommend.

I'm debating about whether to see this film.

It looks to me like aliens have taken over the earth, so not sure if I care about that, but the creatures seem to look pretty cool.

Glad you liked it. It sucks when you pay over $10 and the movie sucks.

20 hours ago, Zoot said:

All the Money in the World - Pretty good. Makes you think maybe it's better not being wealthy. :lol:

Ah, no. Yeah, people with money have troubles and problems, but having money does make life easier when you don't have to worry about paying bills and buying foods for your kids.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Ah, no. Yeah, people with money have troubles and problems, but having money does make life easier when you don't have to worry about paying bills and buying foods for your kids.

You don't have to worry about bills or keeping food on the table, but if you're broke nobody is going to kidnap you for ransom and cut your ear off either. :lol: Both sides of the coin have problems. Just different kinds. :shrugs:

I actually hadn't seen this (I was purposely avoiding it as it looked a bit naff and cgi). It is enjoyable but it is a series of recycled plot ideas and tropes (anti-west, post-colonial, miscegenetic, ecological), Dances with Wolves being foremost. The ''white guy 'going native' and saving a benign primitive race from his own race's imperialism'' has been done to death. 3/5. 

• downzy changed the title to "What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2018 Edition

The Florida Project (on Netflix) - 4/5

Not a movie for everyone, but I enjoyed it for the story it's trying to tell.  Feels more like a documentary than a work of fiction.  Location is the key character in this film.  Kind of a chilling film when one considers the inevitable trauma being witnessed through the eyes of small children.  

"God told me to"

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:27 PM, Len Cnut said:

Blue Hawaii (1961)

Elvis! Love those Elvis movies! He was so handsome and I totally loved the songs, even though some of the storylines were lame, it was Elvis!

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, Zoot said:

You don't have to worry about bills or keeping food on the table, but if you're broke nobody is going to kidnap you for ransom and cut your ear off either. :lol: Both sides of the coin have problems. Just different kinds. :shrugs:

If you are rich you can hire bodyguards to be with you 24/7. I would still rather be rich than living day by day and paycheck by paycheck and worrying if I get sick what will I do?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

"God told me to"

Elvis! Love those Elvis movies! He was so handsome and I totally loved the songs, even though some of the storylines were lame, it was Elvis!

If you are rich you can hire bodyguards to be with you 24/7. I would still rather be rich than living day by day and paycheck by paycheck and worrying if I get sick what will I do?

You could just be rich and shut your mouth about it too, plenty of people do :lol:  I know in our celebratory excessive culture its de rigueur to buy a 20 floor mansion or a gianr diamond studded lisence plated with your name on it and wear it round your neck but theres a great deal of people that just get an above average house to live in and enjoy their life with it .

Insidious The Last Key Very good movie. I liked how it goes back to show you how the psychic lady's childhood was. I watched the deleted scenes, good they took them out of the movie. Didn't like the alternate ending at all either. Had a few good jump moments too, which I totally love. I had the lights off and the sound up high, so it added to the suspense. Hope they do more of these movies.

Watch your back

The Dangerous Date

20 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You could just be rich and shut your mouth about it too, plenty of people do :lol:  I know in our celebratory excessive culture its de rigueur to buy a 20 floor mansion or a gianr diamond studded lisence plated with your name on it and wear it round your neck but theres a great deal of people that just get an above average house to live in and enjoy their life with it .

Well, I guess it all boils down to everyone has shit to deal with rich or poor. It's the way it is when you are human.

I went on a Nick Cage bender tonight thanks to the Nic Cage thread...ended up watching Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call, New Orleans.  Nicholas Cage is out of his mind pretty much the entire time...underappreciated film, imo...4/5

Also watched Lord of War.  I had seen it before but it's been a while.  Good film, also 4/5

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You poor bastard.

:lol:

They weren't so easy to get hold of y'know!  They were never all released under the same distribution firm so there was never this convenient like...y'know, 'All Elvises Movies' boxset you could ever buy.  So i got a moody one off of ebay.  That was one of the first things I did with an internet connection, buy all of Elvises films.  I'm a HUGE fan really, though thats an odd thing to say because in the league of Elvis fans I'm probably like...y'know, nothing compared to some of these mental fuckers.  I have heard pretty much everything he's released though.  I'm sure your aware though that there are proper mental ones out there, like ones that'll buy anything with the cunts name attached to it.  My interest is limited to the music.  Not that I'm above nicking the barnet or buying some gear off Lansky Bros but quite frankly I'd look a cunt doing either :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

Continuing my Nicholas Cage binge, watched (2017) Vengeance: A Love Story

Classic Nick Cage goes after the bad guys as a vigilante type movie.  Nick Cage is actually pretty quiet in this...almost the opposite of what he was like in Bad Leutenant.  Ok movie but seems to lack something.  

3/5

21 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Interestingly enough, I watched the John Carpenter TV-film Elvis last night, with Kurt Russell. I bought it on blu-ray awhile ago, after remembering seeing it on TV as a kid. It's a good movie and Kurt plays The King fairly well.

You should check out the new HBO docu if you like Elvis, its really good.  REALLY good.  Best documentary on him I've ever seen.  Seems a ridiculous thing to say about someone so legendary but there was no good docu's out there on Elvis until this one.  This Is Elvis I suppose but the reconstructions and corny voiceover kinda spoiled it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You should check out the new HBO docu if you like Elvis, its really good.  REALLY good.  Best documentary on him I've ever seen.  Seems a ridiculous thing to say about someone so legendary but there was no good docu's out there on Elvis until this one.  This Is Elvis I suppose but the reconstructions and corny voiceover kinda spoiled it.

It's on my list to watch! That along with the Andre The Giant documentary.