"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuckin brilliant man, really enjoyed it!  That Lil Z motherfucker is wild! 

Yeah he's a savage.

That's one of the few films that lived up to the critics hype for me. Usually movies that critics rant and rave about miss the mark for me, either I don't like them near as much or don't like them at all and wonder what movie they watched. But that one is every bit as a good as it's supposed to be.

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

Yeah he's a savage.

That's one of the few films that lived up to the critics hype for me. Usually movies that critics rant and rave about miss the mark for me, either I don't like them near as much or don't like them at all and wonder what movie they watched. But that one is every bit as a good as it's supposed to be.

People have been telling me to watch that film for over a decade now but for some reason I've never got round to it.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

Another Eastwood flick. Not as good as A Perfect World that I recently watched. But in Clint's defense it's hard to translate a great book to the screen. But it's worth a watch, lots of great characters and performances. And Savannah looks almost as good as it does in real life. It's a cool little town. Thumbs up.

• Like 1

Til Death Us Do Part (1969) - The dubious honour of being the first full length movie production of a British sitcom but its quite a superior one really, a lot better than a great deal of the ones that came after in that this actually has a proper original narrative to it whereas a lot of the others were either like a long episode or, worse still, just plundered the episodes for all their gags and dialogue and cobbled together a 90 minute piece from it, this was a good solid original 90 mins of stuff, beginning with the breakout of WW2, the war itself, VE Day, through to the 60s, Alf daughters marriage and the 1966 world cup final, ending with their house in Wapping being pulled down and their moving out to a council estate in Essex, an interesting little piece of recent history well condensed into 90 mins of comedy.  I really liked it but then I'm a MASSIVE fan of the sitcom, I think its one of the most brilliant pieces of satire of the post war era, certainly the most superior satire that a medium like television ever threw up.  As powerful today as it was when it came out (the sitcom I mean), so powerful in fact that people can't bear to watch it.  Tells us too much about ourselves perhaps. 

Love, Simon. 

It's about a guy named Simon who is gay and closeted but is emailing with another closeted guy from his school both under code names. All through the movie he's trying to figure out who it is while also dealing with being blackmailed by a guy in his school who has found out he is gay, and then dealing with coming out to his friends and family. It's a witty but heartfelt movie that will make you cry and laugh. Worth the watch even if you aren't into this sort of movie!

Thor Ragnarok 5/5

The Hands of a Strangler

Okay, this movie title was so wrong. There was no strangler in it and the storyline listed was wrong too.

it was a 1972 movie and it was kind of slow, but a surprise ending.  I give it a 3/5

Evil Doctor

this was another Lifetime movie. Let's just say I had to speed up some of the movie because it just got so stupid. Anyway, lifetime needs to stop making stupid movies. I mean come on!