Gracii Guns

British Politics

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

What happens if Plan B is rejected? 

Back to plan A for both.

Labour try to get another election (back to their A).

Tories rebrand Plan B, which is basically her A as plan C.

On 19/01/2019 at 11:49 PM, Dazey said:

EvanG is actually the first 5 letters of my daughter’s name. :D 

Do you think it's quite ironic that the forum's arch atheist has a daughter whose name literally means "of the gospel"? :lol: 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Do you think it's quite ironic that the forum's arch atheist has a daughter whose name literally means "of the gospel"? :lol: 

We actually chose it because of the links with Louisiana where the wife and I met but I do get your point. :lol: 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

We actually chose it because of the links with Louisiana where the wife and I met but I do get your point. :lol: 

Well its hard not to with these kilt wearers, every time they sit down their point becomes clear!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, downzy said:

https://www.axios.com/dyson-shifting-headquarters-uk-singapore-brexit-233ada93-de52-4912-9170-d1487f8a923c.html

Guy extolls the virtue of Britain leaving the EU but decides Singapore is best place for his business going forward. 

:shrugs:

He's a sleazy right winger. Appeared on the Andrew Marr show here in the UK and talked up the prospects of workers rights and wages being slashed, along with making it easier to fire people like he was fighting for civil rights in a movie.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Well its hard not to with these kilt wearers, every time they sit down their point becomes clear!

That's what the sporran is for, put something else with hairy tassels in front of it to distract the viewer.

I really don't know what is left to debate for MP. There are only three posibilities: Remain, Hard Brexit, Norway. All this fooling around with amendments here and there it's waste of time. First they need to pass something. So far Norway has been rejected. Let's focuse on the other two options. Because it seems they can't agree what changes are needed to keep Norway option alive.  They need to move on fast

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

YOU WILL RUE THE DAY YOU REJECT US!!

It's all your fault. You scare them :lol:

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

It's all your fault. You scare them :lol:

We scared them a bit too much in the 9th century, I reckon, and I suppose they haven't really had a proper closure on that. I mean, they all grew up listening to their grandparents' scary stories about the handsome, strong and tall invaders from the North and how they had pillaged the land and ravaged their womenfolk, which they again had heard from their grandparents. A good story never dies. 

23 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We scared them a bit too much in the 9th century, I reckon, and I suppose they haven't really had a proper closure on that. I mean, they all grew up listening to their grandparents' scary stories about the handsome, strong and tall invaders from the North and how they had pillaged the land and ravaged their womenfolk, which they again had heard from their grandparents. A good story never dies. 

I have a theory, the longboats first docked up north and all the rape and pillage was more to do with anger that they'd gone on that whole long trip just to arrive in such a shithole :lol:

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I have a theory, the longboats first docked up north and all the rape and pillage was more to do with anger that they'd gone on that whole long trip just to arrive in such a shithole :lol:

We came, we saw, we left in disgust.

Yeah, the annoying Danes were more lucky with their destination, they travelled a bit further south and got that whole cosmopolitan flavor of ravaging. Better loot, cleaner womenfolk and some warmth, too. 

Truth be told, the Norse back then were awestruck just from seeing a building made out of masonry and not just trunks and twigs, and probably felt York was close to Valhall with its fancy houses.

Edited by SoulMonster

4 hours ago, Padme said:

I really don't know what is left to debate for MP. There are only three posibilities: Remain, Hard Brexit, Norway. All this fooling around with amendments here and there it's waste of time. First they need to pass something. So far Norway has been rejected. Let's focuse on the other two options. Because it seems they can't agree what changes are needed to keep Norway option alive.  They need to move on fast

Hard Brexit isn't really an option either as it will ride roughshod over the Good Friday Agreement and could realistically see a return to civil war in Northern Ireland.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

''Civil War'' you say? I am donning my stars n stripes undies as I speak.

If it gets me a few days out of the office i'm all for a Civil War 

One thing is for certain: we are really buggered at Eurovision. Britain was always buggered regardless ever since Sandi Shaw and Bucks Fizz, but we are even more buggered now. 

33 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Hard Brexit isn't really an option either as it will ride roughshod over the Good Friday Agreement and could realistically see a return to civil war in Northern Ireland.

The problem is that many MP don't see it that way. Or they just don't care

People still get killed by paramilitary groups today here. The government is even propped by the political wing of one. For some reason it's never on the national news and normally the local news moves on after a day.

I'm 30. When I was a kid there was still places being blown up prior to the agreement. It's not like it's a completely different generation. Those from the 70's/80's and 90's are still around.

So yes, moving Northern Ireland in a different direction so the Torries can win votes is a very bad fucking idea.

51 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

The government is even propped by the political wing of one.

You haven't even got a government right now.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

You haven't even got a government right now.

I'm talking about the Tories being supported by the DUP. 

I see Salmond has been charged with rape?

PS

He has been a bit of a lad,

two attempted rapes, nine sexual assaults, two indecent assaults and one breach of the peace.

Edited by DieselDaisy

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I see Salmond has been charged with rape?

PS

He has been a bit of a lad,

Maybe he's taking inspiration from UKIP for the next independence push.