British Politics

Gracii Guns

13 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’d vote for them if there was a chance of a genuine third party. Cornyn is mental and the Tories are in the grip of Mogg and co. I’d absolutely vote for a more centrist party if the option was viable.  

It's a group of MPs that support austerity, bombing kids, arms sales and the social policies of the Torries. Half of them were on the verge of being deselected by their parties for being cunts, that's before the expense claims ect. Some of them are the kind of MPs that were claiming £200 tax paper money a month for to get their house cleaned and £700 on a new TV for their 2nd/3rd home. You ever actually seen an interview with most of these people?

Which of their policies do you support other than Brexit and dislike of Corbyn?

35 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’m actually a big fan of ‘spoons these days. Used to hate the fucking places. No atmosphere, sterile like an office etc but I’ve warmed to them of late. It’s like the McDonalds of pubs. Cheap and you know what you’re getting plus the beer is alright. 

The better ones are the ones which are proper pubs, but the ones that are cinemas and fire stations are terrible. They're sort of shite but they undercut every other pub so pecuniary matters makes slaves of us all. In their defence they do have a good range of beers, real ales and international bottled beer. I have been in rustic glorious non-Wetherspoon pubs where it is just: Carling, Fosters, Carlsburg, etc - the usual suspects.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

The better ones are the ones which are proper pubs, but the ones that are cinemas and fire stations are terrible. They're sort of shite but they undercut every other pub so pecuniary matters makes slaves of us all. In their defence they do have a good range of beers, real ales and international bottled beer. I have been in rustic glorious non-Wetherspoon pubs where it is just: Carling, Fosters, Carlsburg, etc - the usual suspects.

'Spoons has wanted to open in my town but they keep being outvoted by the council, my town centre has 2 pubs, yes 2

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

'Spoons has wanted to open in my town but they keep being outvoted by the council, my town centre has 2 pubs, yes 2

Probably wise really unless you want to see lots of people in tracksuits.

You do get some odd sights. In Newcastle you have the obligatory stag do types of groups, guys drinking pints at 9:30 am whilst wolfing down full English breakfasts.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is owned by a Brexiteer with a mullet. I bet Dazey loved reading all of the Brexiteer arguments in that magazine they have on the table. 

It's a really awful magazine. I did find it funny of late when he was doing his UK Brexit tour to hear him tell of how much support he'd found for Brexit on his travels.

I mean can you imagine the shock at spending days on end chatting to the patrons of Wetherspoons pubs at 2pm on a weekday and discovering a concensus for WOGS out?

Fuck me I bet he almost fell off his chair in shock! :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It's a really awful magazine. I did find it funny of late when he was doing his UK Brexit tour to hear him tell of how much support he'd found for Brexit on his travels.

I mean can you imagine the shock at spending days on end chatting to the patrons of Wetherspoons pubs at 2pm on a weekday and discovering a concensus for WOGS out?

Fuck me I bet he almost fell off his chair in shock! :lol: 

Hey, a lot of minorities in the 'Spoons in The Gate. It is very near the Chinatown. 

The crossword is good in the magazine in fairness.

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Staff don't count! :lol: 

*hides

You even get the odd black in there, and there isn't many blacks in the toon, just Len's lot and Chinese. 

I actually once bumped into a drunk Irishman in there who started ranting to me about ''feckin' Thatcher''. It was like something out of a sitcom. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

10 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Can someone explain to a simple man what is going down with this brexit lark? 

February 27

Votes are being held on Theresa May's approach to Brexit - although not on her deal, which is still being reworked.

Downing Street is trying to head off a Tory Remainer mutiny by promising MPs will get another set of votes within a fortnight, with the potential for Article 50 to be extended.

March 12

Theresa May has said a so-called 'meaningful vote' on her revised Brexit deal will take place by this date.

March 13  

If Mrs May's deal is defeated or does not get put to the House, there will be a vote on whether to go ahead with no deal. 

March 14

Assuming MPs do not agree to go ahead with no deal, there will be a vote on whether to delay Brexit by a couple of months. 

March 21-22

The PM will attend a scheduled EU summit in Brussels where any agreement approved by the Commons could be signed off - as well as any potential Brexit delay.

11pm, March 29

The UK is due to leave the EU with or without a deal, unless the Article 50 process is extended with approval from the bloc's leaders, or revoked to cancel Brexit altogether. 

So basically a vote, followed by a vote, followed by possibly another vote, then another possible vote. Then May visits Brussels then we leave.

Can we go back to discussing Tory Totty now?

Edited by DieselDaisy

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You even get the odd black in there, and there isn't many blacks in the toon, just Len's lot and Chinese.

There's pakis in Newcastle, really?  Someone I know who has family up there told me as much a while back and I never believed him.  I don't think I've ever met a paki with a Geordie accent.

9 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Weeks ago on the awful Pledge show. She didn't really, they done abit of video trickery for comedy.

Damn. I'm so disappointed. With one tit from the family in the public I thought two more would be a welcome addition.

On 10/03/2019 at 9:39 PM, AtariLegend said:

The TIGs newest idea in addition to bombings kids and the conservatives economic policy, but supporting a second referendum is basically to bring back conscription.

Seems fair enough to me. Go into further education, get a job or do a couple of years national service. It'll keep 'em off the streets and the crack pipe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well the MPs are chucking out Brexit so you should be happy?

Non binding and she's having another vote on her deal next week. It'll probably fail and she'll try a 4th time on the week off brexit.

If there's an extension tomorrow then this will just go on for a few months with her same deal. 

She has to go. Only issue is the conservative membership will likely vote for a basketcase like Mogg or Johnson.