Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion Thread *NO Spoilers*

13 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Bejen showed up to be a plot device. 

George straight up wrote no, in reply when his editor asked if Benjen was Coldhands years ago. I hope he was telling the truth.

Just now, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I wonder how the finale could top episode six.

Script's been out for a year, don't worry... more fan service. 

1 hour ago, toroymoi said:

There is that fan-theory about who the Night King is, so what you said would make sense.

Spoiler

Yeah. But in that fan theory Bran was a lot of great Stark's in history, right? Including Bran the Builder and Brandon Stark (the Breaker). And also the Night King. And that's assuming the Night King is actually even in the books as a character. He hasn't been so far. And assuming he's been created similarly. Which would mean the guy who got stabbed in the heart with Dragon Glass was some sort of Stark who was also Bran. Honestly, it seems annoyingly far-fetched and anti-climactic to me. Also because I don't like the way Bran's been portrayed in the series. 

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Kill the walkers and the wights fall? Just too weak and convenient to introduce at this point. 

But honestly not particularly far-fetched. It kind of makes sense. Though it did make me think shouldn't something similar have happened at Hardhome? Or were they all under the Night King? 

1 hour ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Bejen showed up to be a plot device. 

Yeah, that feels horribly weird. There should be more of a story behind that. Also since he's basically a zombie and all. In the books we still don't know who Coldhands is, right? But the series-Benjen Stark feels like a few characters melted together without any of their backstories. 

Last week Gilly mentions reading about a secret marriage between Prince Rhaegar. Basically this was written down by an old Maester who no one else seemed to have picked up and read all this time. 

I find it hard to believe the the heir to the Targaryan throne had a secret anullment without someone like Varys knowing.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

1 hour ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I find it hard to believe the the heir to the Targaryan throne had a secret anullment without someone like Varys knowing.

You mean like Littlefinger not knowing who Ramsay is?

1 hour ago, username said:

But honestly not particularly far-fetched. It kind of makes sense. Though it did make me think shouldn't something similar have happened at Hardhome? Or were they all under the Night King? 

No, nothing of the sort. This is just something they've introduced out of no where. It's not suggested in the books either.

There's also the issue of The Other (White Walker) not being able to tell that Jon and friends are hiding behind a rock to ambush them or how easy it was for Jon to kill his second. Really negates the whole otherworldly quality of them and makes them just standard creatures.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

Just now, Deb Rose said:

Fuck yes! Are there leaked scripts for next season already? So the disappointment doesn't come all at once. Hahahaha

No.

Filming doesn't start for a bit and the cast claim they haven't even seen it. Anything related to the next season at the minute is just hear say. 

Leaks will probably start in the coming weeks.

I feel like the White Walkers will end by Jon becoming the Night King somehow and killing himself so all of the White Walkers/Wights/Wankers die.

My prediction also is nobody sits on the throne. If Jon kills himself as the NK and Daenerys wins, she'll melt the throne and make a statue of Jon with it :lol: 

I hope Cersei loses the baby somehow, maybe after its birth, blames it on Tyrion, kills him, Jaime goes bananas and kills Cersei. That would make the Frog prediction come true I guess

Wait hold on what if Bran makes the ultimate sacrifice by warging into the NK and killing himself??????? (Just because the NK grabbed him during the vision don't mean he can't warg into him, unless I missed something)

45 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

I feel like the White Walkers will end by Jon becoming the Night King somehow and killing himself so all of the White Walkers/Wights/Wankers die.

My prediction also is nobody sits on the throne. If Jon kills himself as the NK and Daenerys wins, she'll melt the throne and make a statue of Jon with it :lol: 

I hope Cersei loses the baby somehow, maybe after its birth, blames it on Tyrion, kills him, Jaime goes bananas and kills Cersei. That would make the Frog prediction come true I guess

Wait hold on what if Bran makes the ultimate sacrifice by warging into the NK and killing himself??????? (Just because the NK grabbed him during the vision don't mean he can't warg into him, unless I missed something)

Ice dragon comes and freezes whole fucking Westeros and all people in it...

Season 8 - duration 45seconds

The end

This seems like  better scenario than those clowns will bring.

• Like 1

The more I think about this show, the more disappointed I am.

How did white walkers and wights, creatures that have always been pretty much stopped by water, get chains on Viserion anyway? Did they go dredging for dragon with a large hook or what?

It's a good thing they were carrying around those huge chains just for a scenario like this though! It would have sucked if they'd have to go back home to get them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, username said:

The more I think about this show, the more disappointed I am.

How did white walkers and wights, creatures that have always been pretty much stopped by water, get chains on Viserion anyway? Did they go dredging for dragon with a large hook or what?

It's a good thing they were carrying around those huge chains just for a scenario like this though! It would have sucked if they'd have to go back home to get them. 

Whole thing was clearly to get a dragon(s), trapping them on a stone, WWs only had 3 icemagic spears and spoilers from e7 clearly show that this was NK's plan all along

Edited by Nicklord

8 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Whole this was clearly to get a dragon(s), trapping them on a stone, WWs only had 3 icemagic spears and spoilers from e7 clearly show that this was NK's plan all along

NK and WW obviously read scenario leaks - i guess they hacked HBO :D

10 hours ago, Dan H. said:

I hate that they turned Arya into a fucking dumbass just to artificially create conflict

Arya is one of my favorite characters in the books and I really liked Massie Williams the actress in the earlier seasons.

I just don't think she's very good at portraying whoever Arya is supposed to be now. Her storylines have been almost the dirt worst since she parted company with The Hound. 

The whole faceless men in Bravos subplot from season 5 onwards till the idea of pretending she's going to kill Sansa is really bad writing and acting.

One last thing, D/D's lack of subtely have really made me think that;

Spoiler

She's going to kill Ceseri in the show with Jamie's face. I'd like to be wrong though.

I don't think this will happen in the book though.

27 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

NK and WW obviously read scenario leaks - i guess they hacked HBO :D

One other logical scenario is that maybe "The Night King" has been watching the show and knows that Jon/Danny are such bad leaders that he was better off with them leading the living.