07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

MORE HOWARD STERN TALK ABOUT GNR!!!!!!!!!!

- Howard thanks the band again for letting them air the concert on Howard 101 (one of his Sirius channels)

- Howard apologizes for not making it to the show but says again that it's too late for him and even if Jesus himself put on a concert that late he wasn't going

- Said that members of his staff went, Gary (his producer) left at 1:00 and was chastised for leaving early. He mentioned that he saw someone leave after 2 songs!

- They ran down a few of the celebs in attendence

- Howard says they were scheduled to go on at 10, they started at 10:30 which is good for them. He said that Axl's limo rolled up, he got out and went right on stage.

-Howard played a clip of "It's So Easy", mentioned that's what they opened with. Richard Christie (member of Howard's staff) was in the upper deck and said he was scared how much it shook.

-They talked about how small the venue is and he mentioned that the only thing Axl said was "intimate", which they said speaks volumes coming from him. I guess making a reference to how little he talks to the press.

- Howard mentioned he changed outfits 3 times, and said it went well. Said that Axl introduced the band and was very gracious and polite.

-Played clips of Nightrain, Howard said "fabulous, they played all the hits". Robin commented that she thinks bands should sprinkle in some of the newer stuff, Howard said "only if I have to piss". I'm assuming they didn't know that some of the CD stuff is in the set.

-Howard mentioned BHS was added to the set list as a tribute and he said he loved it. They played a clip and he sung along.

-Howard played clips of Whole Lotta Rosie and mentioned how Axl sung for ACDC last year

-Talked about Slash's guitar playing and how he's underappreciated, and played some of the godfather theme. Mentioned how fun it sounded

-They played some of Layla, and they talked about how the band played it all (the opposite of what he said a few minutes before)

- Played Slash using the talk box on RQ, said "Don't you think Slash is a great player?"

-Played clips of KOHD, and Howard went on about how he doesn't like people singing along lol. He only wants to hear the singer. "I paid to see Axl Rose sing, you can shut the fuck up" lol.

-Said a lot of people were surprised they played for 3 hours but the band were way into it.

-Played a clip of PC, mentioned how since 1988 it's always been the closer.

-Mentioned that Axl threw the mic in the stand and that it was a $2,000 piece of equipment.

-Thanked the band again, plugged the NITL tour again.

- GNR Radio is extended until August 16th      YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

MORE HOWARD STERN TALK ABOUT GNR!!!!!!!!!!

- Howard thanks the band again for letting them air the concert on Howard 101 (one of his Sirius channels)

- Howard apologizes for not making it to the show but says again that it's too late for him and even if Jesus himself put on a concert that late he wasn't going

- Said that members of his staff went, Gary (his producer) left at 1:00 and was chastised for leaving early. He mentioned that he saw someone leave after 2 songs!

- They ran down a few of the celebs in attendence

- Howard says they were scheduled to go on at 10, they started at 10:30 which is good for them. He said that Axl's limo rolled up, he got out and went right on stage.

-Howard played a clip of "It's So Easy", mentioned that's what they opened with. Richard Christie (member of Howard's staff) was in the upper deck and said he was scared how much it shook.

-They talked about how small the venue is and he mentioned that the only thing Axl said was "intimate", which they said speaks volumes coming from him. I guess making a reference to how little he talks to the press.

- Howard mentioned he changed outfits 3 times, and said it went well. Said that Axl introduced the band and was very gracious and polite.

-Played clips of Nightrain, Howard said "fabulous, they played all the hits". Robin commented that she thinks bands should sprinkle in some of the newer stuff, Howard said "only if I have to piss". I'm assuming they didn't know that some of the CD stuff is in the set.

-Howard mentioned BHS was added to the set list as a tribute and he said he loved it. They played a clip and he sung along.

-Howard played clips of Whole Lotta Rosie and mentioned how Axl sung for ACDC last year

-Talked about Slash's guitar playing and how he's underappreciated, and played some of the godfather theme. Mentioned how fun it sounded

-They played some of Layla, and they talked about how the band played it all (the opposite of what he said a few minutes before)

- Played Slash using the talk box on RQ, said "Don't you think Slash is a great player?"

-Played clips of KOHD, and Howard went on about how he doesn't like people singing along lol. He only wants to hear the singer. "I paid to see Axl Rose sing, you can shut the fuck up" lol.

-Said a lot of people were surprised they played for 3 hours but the band were way into it.

-Played a clip of PC, mentioned how since 1988 it's always been the closer.

-Mentioned that Axl threw the mic in the stand and that it was a $2,000 piece of equipment.

-Thanked the band again, plugged the NITL tour again.

- GNR Radio is extended until August 16th      YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for  you great report ☺

36 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Thanks buddy. I posted this in the other Apollo topic but realized that this was the one with all the Howard talk. Hope it's not a big deal double posting the same thing.

Don't worry ,isvery useful  post ☺

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't posted in a while , but felt an urge to about this concert . I've have traveled all around North America to see Guns about 15 times . I'm always on the positive side when it comes to GNR.  The last time I attended a show was last year in Dallas . Great show!!! I've been hearing this concert recently on SXM. I'm glad I didn't make the effort to empty my bank account and fly out for this concert . Axl sounds horrible . It's very hard to hear this particular performance. He is out of breath and gasping most of time . My 2006 NYC Hammerstein experience blows this performance out of the water . (Axl) It is something if someone was in my car and this would come on, I would change it . I know most of you don't care , but I just wanted to vent . This show is so bad , it's making me think twice about next month show in San Antonio. Which is a short drive . Most GNR shows I've attended , ive had to fly.