07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

That video was awful and I feel like a bit of a scumbag for even watching it, tbh, wished I hadn't.  Lesson learned.  It does, however, go some way in explaining why Axl is the way he is: being guarded and reclusive, not doing press and not wanting his bandmates to do press either, the copious contracts, surrounding himself with people he feels he can trust etc.  because if he doesn't, he's vulnerable.  He must feel as though he lives at the epicentre of a storm of vultures.   I can only imagine what that does to a person's mindset over the course of 30 years, how it must shape their attitude and behaviour, the decisions they make.  Does it, whether consciously or subconsciously, affect his ability to be creative, to work productively?  For all Axl's flaws, he must be a fucking strong person, emotionally.  He's a survivor.  Well, I guess he wouldn't  be here if he wasn't.  I wish I hadn't seen that image of him leaning against the pole, seemingly completely alone and exposed.  Where were his friends?  I mean, actual friends.  I think if any one of us had to spend a day or two in his shoes, we'd be pretty shocked at the the reality of his world.

That's how I feel as well.

Disgusting, really.

11 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

2:42:30 - The Scooter Story

2:54:10 - Axl tells Trunk he's joining AC/DC

3:24:05 - Duff's Story (I really recomend that not only you but everybody here listen to this, duff is such an amazing guy)

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Cool stories and very kind of Duff.

But man, I'm glad they didn't have Axl drive around on stage in a wall-mart scooter :lol:

5 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

You will never see something like what happened to Axl in this video happen to Slash and duff. Their guys are paid PROFESSIONALS 

I'm guessing Fernando/or someone in his entourage must have filled Axl's car with a bunch of groupies and didn't leave any room for Axl....or something along those lines...:facepalm:

10 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Anyone willing to explain what Axl meant by saying something like - 'I know Ricardo.' ... When he tried to enter the second car...? 

Seems like he was responding to someone saying that it wasn't his car.  Basically said "he knew".

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I'm guessing Fernando/or someone in his entourage must have filled Axl's car with a bunch of groupies and didn't leave any room for Axl....or something along those lines...:facepalm:

Seems like he was responding to someone saying that it wasn't his car.  Basically said "he knew".

Same here:facepalm::facepalm:

17 hours ago, Dean said:

Just stumbled across this, guessing it's after the show going by the upload date?

There really is no shame in these guys in the way they go about filming celebrities.

Axl needed to go into full on crazy cat lady mode with these bastards #StLouis'91

giphy.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ludurigan said:

man, i cant get used to the speed

at this point the speed is worse than axl voice

(he is actually sounding good on a lot of songs and he actually seems to be into some of them like the seeker, the video you posted looks pretty great)

back to the speed thing... to make sure i am not going nuts, i made a quick (no pun intended) youtube comparison with the milton keynes 1993 version

starting on the moment axl starts whistling up to the moment slash starts soloing

this 2017 version is like TWENTY-PLUS SECONDS FASTER (!)

i have no idea how can they play the song like that, this is complete utter nonsense, it feels rushed and wrong

it drastically changes (for the worse!) any "mood" that the song used to have!

I agree.. It is just good in comparisons to the to other performances this tour.. The tempos are definitely perplexing still and I think it effects Slash's solos.. He used to have some pretty awesome solos during this song.

9 minutes ago, Ratam said:

The only one moment what he look happy is on the shows ?

The irony - if you want to call it that - is that "friends" are the ones who have to kick you the real deal sometimes - they have to stand against your own virtues and tendencies to make sure you don't self destruct or make bad decisions. "Friends" aren't the ones who tell you your sh*t don't stink and let your bad tendencies rule (and consequently ruin) your life.

I hope he feels he is amongst friends when on the stage. He deserves that.

Outside of that - I suppose its hard to say how many "friends" Axl feels he really has. If tomorrow was his last day - despite all the bullshit - I find it hard to believe someone like Izzy wouldn't be there right next to him - right next door to hell ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

2:42:30 - The Scooter Story

2:54:10 - Axl tells Trunk he's joining AC/DC

3:24:05 - Duff's Story (I really recomend that not only you but everybody here listen to this, duff is such an amazing guy)

This is cool!!! Link??

9 hours ago, alfierose said:

One of the guys who attended the show missed out on getting a shirt, he posted about it earlier in the thread and asked if anyone had a spare. It might have been @BangoSkank or if not he may remember who it was.

Yep, it's me! Huge thanks for catching that, @alfierose, would have missed that.

@steelers8682, sending you a PM now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

The irony - if you want to call it that - is that "friends" are the ones who have to kick you the real deal sometimes - they have to stand against your own virtues and tendencies to make sure you don't self destruct or make bad decisions. "Friends" aren't the ones who tell you your sh*t don't stink and let your bad tendencies rule (and consequently ruin) your life.

I hope he feels he is amongst friends when on the stage. He deserves that.

Outside of that - I suppose its hard to say how many "friends" Axl feels he really has. If tomorrow was his last day - despite all the bullshit - I find it hard to believe someone like Izzy wouldn't be there right next to him - right next door to hell ;)

True and  pity what he  instead share the money whit Izzy for this tour , he feed many useless what  not help  he in nothing?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

You will never see something like what happened to Axl in this video happen to Slash and duff. Their guys are paid PROFESSIONALS 

No you won't see it happening to them because they're at their hotel with their wives(gf in Slash's case), not closing down clubs with groupies and hangers-on.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

'Awful' and 'depressing' is somebody dying or becoming seriously ill. Not some inebriated rock star coming out of a club, getting harassed by fans and misplacing his car!

But is is pretty damn awful that no one in his entourage chose to get the f out of the car or at least lead him to one, come on now....