Anyone else love Believe in Me (the record)?

Fashionista

Pretty dull if I'm honest.  I guess its an alright little album, nothing worth writing home about, I listened to the once through.  If I recall correctly there's a track on it called something like 'Punk Rock Song' or something.  It was that shit I borrowed it off a mate and it just stayed with me and he never asked for it back :lol:  Duffs seems a lovely fella and he's a good bass player and its a helluva thing to make an album of your own, its not everyones thing and it very much has the feel of a musicians hobby album, like a lot of members of big bands do in their down time.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

I've only ever listened to it once. That was about 10-15 years ago, and I was immediately turned off by Duffs vocals. It just sounded so different to Beautiful Disease :shrugs: Will give it another listen this week as I may find a new appreciation for it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say I love it, but I don't dislike it either. Maybe it's because I listened to it a lot as a kid, but there are a couple of good songs and ideas on it. It's too bad Duff can't really sing, especially at the time because of his coke habit, with a decent singer most songs could have been better.

It could be better. I’d like to hear Lenny Kravitz sing it at his peak. Would give it a different vibe for sure but Duff’s voice is just unfitting... Also I think the song could have a lot of groove but they kind of wash over it. Idk. It’s not bad but it could be so much better. 

With the singalong at the end it could be a great live number. The recording sounds a little mush too, don’t know if the original is like that. I liked Duff’s voice live last summer. He is made for belting out punk numbers. Nothing more, nothing less.

• 4 weeks later...

I listened to it a lot when it came out. Haven't listened toit in many years now. Checked the track list to see if I could remember some good songs. These are the ones I believe I liked the most: Believe in Me (good Slash riffing), Fucked Up (Beyond Belief) (good Beck riffing), and, I believe "Fuck You" with the awesome bass.