QUESTION: Why there is no lyrics/vocal version of Ain´t going down in the box set?

probably because axl didnt add vocals at the time

why not?

who knows?

i am glad axl added vocals on the other version (that to the best of my knowledge is an outtake from the uyi era) because that sounds absolutely briliant

i am also glad that someone was nice enough to share the 1986 live version because that is also absolutely brilliant!

39 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

The version from UYI sessions is on the GNR pinball machine. That is the only way they released the song officially. I wish they would release it because it’s my favorite of the unreleased songs.

The pinball machine one seems rerecorded because Axls vocals definitely don't sound like 90-91. Very different from the UYI session demo vocals

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

The pinball machine one seems rerecorded because Axls vocals definitely don't sound like 90-91. Very different from the UYI session demo vocals

I thought it might be from a different time, but I can’t be sure. The fact that the pinball machine was in 94’ (I think) makes me think that it may have come later as well.

The song started as nothing but an early jam track if I remember correctly, and vocals weren't laid down for it until the Illusions era where it likely sat in an unreleased song pile until someone decided to add it to the pinball machine; give it 3 years for that boxset to get released with the full recording.  :awesomeface:

On 5/4/2018 at 6:33 PM, Chowy said:

I wonder why there is no lyrics / vocal version of Ain´t going down in the box set? 

THANKS!

PD;

I LOVE THE BOX SET its a pity there is no cheaper version of the vinyls. 

so you can sing along, duh :) 

54 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

the pinball version was in about 20 pieces and had to be edited together. it was never a whole song.

2 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

The version from UYI sessions is on the GNR pinball machine. That is the only way they released the song officially. I wish they would release it because it’s my favorite of the unreleased songs.

thanks , I thought the pinball version was the 80´s version (same period of time of the sound city demos), all the. best ! 

PD : so there is no vocal version from that era? 

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

The song started as nothing but an early jam track if I remember correctly, and vocals weren't laid down for it until the Illusions era where it likely sat in an unreleased song pile until someone decided to add it to the pinball machine; give it 3 years for that boxset to get released with the full recording.  :awesomeface:

thanks for the reply 

1 hour ago, Chowy said:

thanks , I thought the pinball version was the 80´s version (same period of time of the sound city demos), all the. best ! 

PD : so there is no vocal version from that era? 

thanks for the reply 

There isn’t a vocal from that era, that I know of except for the one live performance. I would nut with the force of a train if there was an early version with lyrics.

In response to your question I am guessing here that the instrumental was created during the Appetite recording era. This is why it was included.

The vocals were not recorded til illusions so maybe they will include the version with vocals within the illusions box.

I used to have the instrumental on a bootleg double 7" vinyl called 'Baked on Mess', but the song was called 'Meat and Beer Jam'.

It also had old versions of Shadow of Your Love, Anything Goes and Don't Cry.

I've only ever heard the lyrics version of Ain't Going Down in really shit low quality audio.