New Axl Rose short interview for Abu Dhabi’s magazine

10 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Am I the only one feeling a little uneasy about GNR playing Abu Dhabi because of the human rights situation in the UAE?

The fact that Axl is just playing along, acting all exited about the F1 Grand Prix and not saying anything critical makes it worse. Human rights organizations have been urging drivers, teams and performers to use the opportunity to draw attention to the issues and speak out for the prisoners of conscience. If Axl wasn't going to do so, it would have been better not to grant any interviews in Abu Dhabi of all places.

He is nothing more than a keyboard warrior 

20 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Am I the only one feeling a little uneasy about GNR playing Abu Dhabi because of the human rights situation in the UAE?

The fact that Axl is just playing along, acting all exited about the F1 Grand Prix and not saying anything critical makes it worse. Human rights organizations have been urging drivers, teams and performers to use the opportunity to draw attention to the issues and speak out for the prisoners of conscience. If Axl wasn't going to do so, it would have been better not to grant any interviews in Abu Dhabi of all places.

With the band making the money they are, they aren't  going to be rocking political boats in another country for the sake of human rights. They could have done that in the Asian countries  like china if they wanted to make a statement, like not tour in china because of their human rights, starving, people camps. They could have boycott japan if they are against whaling and considering slash is an animal and wildlife activist and the list goes on.But axl will keep having a go at trump because its easy. :question:

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

"something I'd like to do at some point in the future" lol, Axl cracks me up.  I wouldn't even be mad if he never released another album or opened the vault.  That would add to his mystique

He was talking about film scores and not a new album. 

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Never really understood the idea behind not performing in countries whos politics you're against. The artists are performing to the people, not to the politicians. It's not the peoples fault that they're leaders are doing questionable things. In many cases the people of those countries are already suffering enough. Is it really a good thing that even entertainers abandon them. Like they're not suffering enough already. They're not allowed to have any joy in life because their leaders are bad people? Is that fair?

You should check out the successful anti-Apartheid movement of South Africa. Cultural boycotts and international artists speaking out were very important in the movement achieving its goals.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Never really understood the idea behind not performing in countries whos politics you're against. The artists are performing to the people, not to the politicians. It's not the peoples fault that they're leaders are doing questionable things. In many cases the people of those countries are already suffering enough. Is it really a good thing that even entertainers abandon them. Like they're not suffering enough already. They're not allowed to have any joy in life because their leaders are bad people? Is that fair?

You take off words of my mouth👏👏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

With the band making the money they are, they aren't  going to be rocking political boats in another country for the sake of human rights. They could have done that in the Asian countries  like china if they wanted to make a statement, like not tour in china because of their human rights, starving, people camps. They could have boycott japan if they are against whaling and considering slash is an animal and wildlife activist and the list goes on.But axl will keep having a go at trump because its easy. :question:

They don't was in mainlandchinese, them was in Taiwan and Hing Kong that are independent of MainlandChina.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

I think it's safe to say that at least in Abu Dhabi it's not the suffering people that are attending the concert. The ticket prices alone make that much clear.

The purpose of boycotting a country, besides the obvious symbolic value, is to create pressure on the leaders by removing the money flow from big sports and concert events like the F1 GP and tourism in general.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I think it's safe to say that at least in Abu Dhabi it's not the suffering people that are attending the concert. The ticket prices alone make that much clear.

The purpose of boycotting a country, besides the obvious symbolic value, is to create pressure on the leaders by removing the money flow from big sports and concert events like the F1 GP and tourism in general.

Just because you have money, doesn't necessarily mean you're not suffering. Obviously the people who can afford tickets to a GNR concert are never the ones who suffer the most in any country, but all I know is that I wouldn't want to live in China for example. And I'm happy that GNR played in Hong Kong. I'm happy that people over there get the chance to see bands like GNR. I don't think that the government of China is happy that chinese people listen to bands like GNR that criticizes China. So I feel like the leaders of China would be only happy if GNR stopped playing there. The people of China would be the ones who lose if GNR stopped playing there. I think it's a good thing that artists speak out on all kinds of problems concerning human rights issues. And I'm not criticizing those artists who do boycott countries. I understand that they have good intentions. I'm just not sure if this boycott thing is necessarily the best way to create pressure on the leaders. But yeah, maybe that's enough politics for now. This is a GNR forum and I understand that people don't want to see political debates over here.

• Like 1