Missing verse in One in a Million?

So the other day a friend and I were going down memory lane and watching all GNR's videos on the internet. We got to the song, "One in a Million,"  and as we got through the song, my friend noticed that an entire verse had been taken out of the song. I said no way, this is what it is, from beginning to end, for better or worse. I know the song is pretty infamous but I was sure there was no extra verse, upon which friend described as God choosing to leave the earth and all humanity behind. I had never heard such a version and we searched for two hours trying to find that version which my friend swears was a part of the song. Does anyone have a clue to this? I'm pretty intrigued. Was there an alternate version of this song with an extra verse about God? Or did it slip in through another dimension?

34 minutes ago, donny said:

the last song from their first trilogy.

move to the city = welcome to the jungle = one in a million, kind of tell the story and experiences of Axl n Izzy moving from Lafayette to LA. 

as for the rubbish the OP came out with i have no idea. 

That’s actually a good shout - never thought about the link before!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

That’s actually a good shout - never thought about the link before!

there is a lot to think about on that.

and the more i think about the history, the circumstances, the song lyrics, the WTTJ video, the culture shock of moving from Lafayette to LA the more it all makes sense. 

MTTC 86, WTTJ 87, OIAM 88. first trilogy :)