British Liberal Media's Multicultural Fascism Exposed

20 hours ago, soon said:

British talk, fuck yeah! Been missing this!!

I do think that ‘centering’ has its place in editorial policy. It’s just almost never done right. And there’s seems to often be plenty of room to question the purity of intentions.

Just like dr King, Davis and Stokley taught us: race and class are an interlocked and indivisible structure of oppression. Centering doesn’t seem to apply that lens often, does it? Just POC to the front. I mean, divide and conquer much British liberal media!!?? (Disclaimer: I know nothing about your news media, lol)

Theres a stand out episode of the Sorkin tv series Sports Night about both the merits and difficulties of centering. Worth a watch imho.

Yes, that's one of my gripes with what's happened since Blair's New Labour in the 1990s. The media/Estsablishment have turned the class issue into a race one, without resolving the class issue. 

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks its 'punishment' for the 1980s strikes that might have spooked the establishment, culminating in the miners' strike. 

The media tend to focus on race instead of class, whether in the UK or USA: turning things that effect all poor into race issues, omitting the poor whites, such as the Hurricane Katrina aftermath and police shootings in the USA, or Grenfell in the UK. 

14 minutes ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Yes, and it's all one-way in the liberal media. They still don't want to acknowledge anti-white racism, even with the child grooming scandal, as if it doesn't exist, or they don't want to complicate the picture. 

I'm liberal as fuck.  I'm about as liberal as they get.  There is no party and probably will never be a party in line with my liberal values because they're WAY too liberal.  Like Hunter Thompson for Sheriff liberal is about where I sit.  I don't think the media ignore anti-white racism, look at Robert Mughabe and people like that, they certainly got their share of headlines.  Racism is by logically made more or when its against minorities because, well, there's less of em and the tenets of a free liberal society is you protect the weak, the ones there's less of. 

As far as the child grooming scandal, it was the media that bought this shit to the forefront, had they not reported about it and made a thing of it yo wouldn't've heard of it.  The thing with all these people jumping on the grooming scandal thing is this, where did yous hear about it?  What, were these right wing fuckers like Jada Fransen and Tommy Robinson sending undercover operatives into social services and digging this info out?  Fuck no, they read about it in the media because in a liberal society with a free press this kinda shit gets bought to the forefront, otherwise no one would've cared.  You should be thanking the media, not attacking them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

There's nothing wrong with halal. New Zealand meat is one of if not the best in the world. All of it is halal. It does no harm, it just ensures they can eat it too and the animals are slaughtered more humanely.

Are you kidding? Halal means the animals are not sedated. It's not humanely at all.

14 minutes ago, Lio said:

Are you kidding? Halal means the animals are not sedated. It's not humanely at all.

This stuff is really hilairious, the idea of 'humane slaughter', its an oxymoron, there is no such thing as humane slaughter, the humane thing to do is to not eat meat but once you're eating it you can't really take a moral high ground based on the fact that you're stunning the animal first, it actually lives longer when you stun it first so the odds are its more likely to feel pain whilst its alive than if you slit the carotid artery and drain the blood from its brain in a couple of heartbeats. 

The whole thing is a joke though, 'humane slaughter' :lol:  Now vegans I got respect for, THATS humane. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, action said:

I can't shake the impression that those "fighting" against racism just want to make themselves interesting. As in, see, I'm fighting racism so I'm a nice person, and this can not be disputed.

It's like cheating in life. In life, you have to earn respect. Playing the racist card is like you have found some cheat code in a game: using the code gives you infinite continues or something.

I wonder how these people actually cope in real life...

Exactly, that's why it's all become a bit 1984 now, with everybody having to talk as the system deems, with the threat of being ousted from polite society for anybody who resists. 

It's the same with feminism. I support gender equality, but when it becomes a McCarthyist withch-hunt, looking for any male indiscretion to oust him from his job etc, or making up rape charges, then it crosses the line for me, and becomes a parody of itself. 

It's the same with feminism. I support gender equality, but when it becomes a McCarthyist withch-hunt, looking for any male indiscretion to oust him from his job etc, or making up rape charges, then it crosses the line for me, and becomes a parody of itself. 

I don't think the Feminist textbook has a chapter on making up rape charges fella. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Graeme said:

Wow a lot of this thread is giving me a headache. I can understand that no culture or belief should be exempt from criticism (the example of Female Genital Mutilation is a very powerful one) but if the basic concept of multiculturalism, of people from different places and backgrounds aiming to coexist peacefully and respectfully is what's drawing your ire in today's world, you probably need to readjust your priorities.

It's when it becomes a 'requirement- a fascism', like in Orwell's 1984, or the McCarthy anti-communist witch-hunt in 1950s USA. 

It's like Gordon Strachan was suspended from TV work for giving his opinion on an opinion show - his opinion that people should be free to give their opinion!

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

My stepdad was a farmer and still has cows in one of his sections he raises and sells to the slaughterhouse. From what I remember him telling me halal ultimately requires greater attention to the animals and a sudden death, opposed to pumping them full of sedatives and killing them inefficiently. I'll double check with him tomorrow.

I'm sure in both cases killing them efficiently is key. I would assume that's easier with a sedated animal than with an animal that's moving about. I'm not an expert, of course, I rely on what animal welfare organizations say.

When I see the word halal, I immediately get the creeps though. Thinking of my niece who gets bullied at school into not eating her salami sandwich, or that instance when the parents were asked to make soup for a school event, but muslims threw just out all the soup non-muslims had made because they weren't sure it was halal. Makes me sick.

12 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Not defending TRT. Only posted a link to that article because I googled some examples of racist retortic by our tabloids and it had a few of those paper headlines I was looking for. Not sure if I know much about that site tbh. Typing on a phone, so can't type a detailed/structured response or coherently.

Do want to ask though, what is the liberal media? Is it all lefty?

There's plenty of centre right parties in the world with the word liberal in it.

The centre left papers in the UK only real consist of The guardian and the independent.

The Mirror is more of a senseastion rag made by the same people that make the express.  

The Murdoch press can hardly be called liberal, the Telegraph/daily hate mail aren't either.

As for Sterling himself. He didn't exactly cover himself in glory a few years ago, but there was too much focus on him being black by tabloids.

Good overview. Yes, Sterling's got a gun tattoo etc, so should expect more criticism/scrutiny by the media.

If you want a nice media coverage, don't play the bad boy!

16 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Do you eat meat? 

Yeah but I'm a cunt, I'm not a yardstick for decency :lol:  I completely understand and agree with the principles of veganism, I think its absolutely the correct thing to do morally, I just don't do it.

Vipassana does teach it doesn't matter how enlightened you get, it's impossible to ever reach full enlightenment if you eat meat. So that makes me wonder.

I think there's a lot to that.  A society can be judged, I feel, on the way it treats it weak and vulnerable.  I don't think we can approach things like a peaceful society that co-exists even amongst our own species whilst subject to such glaring moral inconsistencies.  Quite frankly that shit is a long way in the future anyway, we can't even stop bombing each other, nevermind animals.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

This stuff is really hilairious, the idea of 'humane slaughter', its an oxymoron, there is no such thing as humane slaughter, the humane thing to do is to not eat meat but once you're eating it you can't really take a moral high ground based on the fact that you're stunning the animal first, it actually lives longer when you stun it first so the odds are its more likely to feel pain whilst its alive than if you slit the carotid artery and drain the blood from its brain in a couple of heartbeats. 

The whole thing is a joke though, 'humane slaughter' :lol:  Now vegans I got respect for, THATS humane. 

I’m not a vegetarian but I think this is fundamentally true. There’s a sliding scale of ugly options, some of which are worse than others (factory farming, the dog meat trade in Asian countries being the ugliest) but we’re kidding ourselves if we think our meat is humanely slaughtered or humanely treated before it’s slaughtered. Same goes with dairy (to which I am addicted), and I struggle with this every day.

27 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

There's nothing wrong with halal. New Zealand meat is one of if not the best in the world. All of it is halal. It does no harm, it just ensures they can eat it too and the animals are slaughtered more humanely.

Text book (care, respect, prayers etc) there's an argument about whether halal-style is more humane

In reality, there's been lots of cases in the UK where slaughterhouses have been infiltrated by animal welfare people, and awful treatment of animals has been filmed/.

Thankfully, slaughterhouses are now required to have CCTV. 

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah but I'm a cunt, I'm not a yardstick for decency :lol:  I completely understand and agree with the principles of veganism, I think its absolutely the correct thing to do morally, I just don't do it.

that makes you less hypocritical than me and most other people as you’re not an animal person, IIRC?

12 minutes ago, Angelica said:

that makes you less hypocritical than me and most other people as you’re not an animal person, IIRC?

Can't fuckin' stand em to be honest :lol:  Well, can't stand is a strong term, I'd probably be alright with em if I had ever been around em much but, ugh, I dunno, they're great big stinky fuckers than shit all over the places, yeah, not much of an animal person really.  And they don't seem to like me either :lol:  They're a lot of work too, looking after em and all that. 

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't think the Feminist textbook has a chapter on making up rape charges fella. 

No, it doesn't and shouldn't. There does seem to be a trend though, with footballers (Ronaldo and Neymar) and politicians (Trump etc), and the Guns allegations emerging again here - maybe as retaliation by Trump supporters?

It's all becoming a bit of a circus - like race claims to get compo or whites out of jobs/power - and a long way from what it should be: general equality. 

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Mad respect for vegans. I can't stop eating delicious dead animals, but sometimes when I eat it I remember it was alive once with a face and everything and then I start to feel somewhat guilty. I don't think I will ever be able to stop eating meat. At least others don't eat meat which is comforting. Both my sisters don't eat meat cause they think it's too cruel. One is vegan, the other is a vegetarian. I could never murder an animal myself and then eat it. The problem for me is that it comes all nice and wrapped, ready to be cooked from the supermarket.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

No, it doesn't and shouldn't. There does seem to be a trend though, with footballers (Ronaldo and Neymar) and politicians (Trump etc), and the Guns allegations emerging again here - maybe as retaliation by Trump supporters?

It's all becoming a bit of a circus - like race claims to get compo or whites out of jobs/power - and a long way from what it should be: general equality. 

But that hasn't got anything to do with feminism.  Why does Ronaldo or Donald Trump getting accused of sex case shit reflect poorly on feminism?  A minute ago you were complaining about grooming gangs and that kind of stuff, concerned that there was a media that was ignoring this shit and assisting it in being forgotten, why and those vulnerable people and their being subject to some kinda sexual deviant shit more important than some bird accusing Ronaldo or Donald Trump, why is the possibility of that being forgotten less troublesome somehow? 

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Mad respect for vegans. I can't stop eating delicious dead animals, but sometimes when I eat it I remember it was alive once with a face and everything and then I start to feel somewhat guilty. I don't think I will ever be able to stop eating meat. At least others don't eat meat which is comforting. Both my sisters don't eat meat cause they think it's too cruel. One is vegan, the other is a vegetarian. I could never murder an animal myself and then eat it. The problem for me is that it comes all nice and wrapped, ready to be cooked from the supermarket.

I'd be lying if I said I ever felt guilty mate :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Can't fuckin' stand em to be honest :lol:  Well, can't stand is a strong term, I'd probably be alright with em if I had ever been around em much but, ugh, I dunno, they're great big stinky fuckers than shit all over the places, yeah, not much of an animal person really.  And they don't seem to like me either :lol:  They're a lot of work too, looking after em and all that. 

Yeah, polar opposite but I still eat meat/dairy. It’s the only thing I ignore my conscience on. I suck.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

You don't even like animals like cute wittle kitties or quokkas? What's wrong with you?

He doesn’t like PUPPIES. He’s beyond reason.

15 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You don't even like animals like cute wittle kitties or quokkas? What's wrong with you?

I ain't got a problem with em as such I just don't...particularly feel that much about em.  I prefer people.  They can talk to you and all that y'know?  Keeping pets is just hardwork, cleaning the shit, washing em, they're so needy, fuck me I can barely look after myself, they're just one more thing that can go wrong y'know and in terms of benefit like...what do you get out of em?  I am not gonna be fuckin' taking nothing for walkies, running through a park shouting 'Rex, get back here Rex!' like the bastard understands a word I'm saying.  With a little plastic shit shovel and a bag, fuck that for a lark.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

But that hasn't got anything to do with feminism.  Why does Ronaldo or Donald Trump getting accused of sex case shit reflect poorly on feminism?  A minute ago you were complaining about grooming gangs and that kind of stuff, concerned that there was a media that was ignoring this shit and assisting it in being forgotten, why and those vulnerable people and their being subject to some kinda sexual deviant shit more important than some bird accusing Ronaldo or Donald Trump, why is the possibility of that being forgotten less troublesome somehow? 

I'd be lying if I said I ever felt guilty mate :lol:

True about it having nothing to do with feminism, which is kind of my point too, about those who don't care about the real issue/cause, but use it for themselves. I'm arguing there's a difference between feminism and feminism (more the metoo movement to be more precise) being used by some for personal/movement gain. 

There might be some girls who jump on the grooming bandwagon now, and that would be wrong. As the media generally ignoring it for 20 years was wrong.

I think some women probably have genuine complaints against famous people, but there are others who may now be jumping on the bandwagon - seeing an opportunity for money or fame - or just to get one over on a man they don't like!

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Look at my quokka profile pic.

Look at this you coldhearted son of a bitch:

Yeah, they're cute and everything, I totally get that.  I just don't wanna look after em :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

True about it having nothing to do with feminism, which is kind of my point too, about those who don't care about the real issue/cause, but use it for themselves. I'm arguing there's a difference between feminism and feminism (more the metoo movement to be more precise) being used by some for personal/movement gain. 

There might be some girls who jump on the grooming bandwagon now, and that would be wrong. As the media generally ignoring it for 20 years was wrong.

I think some women probably have genuine complaints against famous people, but there are others who may now be jumping on the bandwagon - seeing an opportunity for money or fame - or just to get one over on a man they don't like!

But you won't know which is which until you give em a fair hearing, thats the same with literally any crime in the world, people are falsely accused of all kinda shit day in and day out.

My favourite restaurant is a vegan buffet. Not because its vegan but because its delicious. And I dont know about anyone else but I load up my plate at a buffet - one simply must! And the thing is that I eat a bigger meal then normal there and yet I feel 'lighter' then normal afterwards.

My sausage making game is maybe on the verge of levelling up and I might advertise for people to bring me their game meats and I'll keep a share of the sausages. Can you imagine so many sausages!!

... wait, what thread is this again... sorry :lol:

19 minutes ago, soon said:

My favourite restaurant is a vegan buffet. Not because its vegan but because its delicious. And I dont know about anyone else but I load up my plate at a buffet - one simply must! And the thing is that I eat a bigger meal then normal there and yet I feel 'lighter' then normal afterwards.

My sausage making game is maybe on the verge of levelling up and I might advertise for people to bring me their game meats and I'll keep a share of the sausages. Can you imagine so many sausages!!

... wait, what thread is this again... sorry :lol:

I frankly don't know, but whatever it was you turned it into a sausage fest.

• Haha 1

Did the Wimbledon crowd love 'Coco' Gauff because she reminded them of cocaine?
She lost to the first top 10 player she played, vindicating my view that unseeded Putintseva beating #2 seed Osaka was the biggest story of round 1, but was ignored by the media.
Gauff seems like a good player and person, but all the hype seems a bit weird... and because of her age, unsettling!