the soundtrack of your life

action

here are some songs that had a big impact on my musical preferences. you tend to forget some of these songs somewhat as time goes on, but their influence is undeniable and profound. these songs had a shocking impact on me when I first heard them, they were the start of it all

many of these songs are very cheesy, but a 10 year old kid doesn't care. kids are the best judges of music

• Like 1

I recall listening to Green Day's Holiday and Bon Jovi's Livin On A Prayer almost exclusively in middle school then expanded to anything Bon Jovi with the Scorpions sneaking in during High School. It soon evolved to have GNR, Aerosmith, Scorps, and Bon Jovi. Before it soon exploded into the Metal Scene and now is dominated by Priest, Maiden, Scorps, GNR, Alter Bridge, WASP, Halestorm , Ronnie Dio (Rainbow/Sabbath/Dio catalogs) and of course Zeppelin.

GNR was the first one I got into where I listened to all their albums. That then introduced me to the other bands Slash was in (VR, Snakepit, SMKC) and I loved everything he put out. I then the next year listened to all of Metallica and Led Zeppelin. It took another year until I listened to Queen, Disturbed and Iron Maiden. Freshman year of college (last year) I listened to Mastadon, Megadeth (became one of my top 5 favorites after I heard it) and then Christmas Eve I heard of Dream Theater. DT became my second favorite ever and I then started listening to bands that included my new favorite drummer (Mike Portnoy). Starting 2019 I made a goal to listen to one new album every day. I have since listened to every album by Rush, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Dio, Ozzy, Gojira, Tenacious D, Elton John, System of a Down, Alice In Chains, Queensryche.

1 hour ago, Ninjapie24 said:

GNR was the first one I got into where I listened to all their albums. That then introduced me to the other bands Slash was in (VR, Snakepit, SMKC) and I loved everything he put out. I then the next year listened to all of Metallica and Led Zeppelin. It took another year until I listened to Queen, Disturbed and Iron Maiden. Freshman year of college (last year) I listened to Mastadon, Megadeth (became one of my top 5 favorites after I heard it) and then Christmas Eve I heard of Dream Theater. DT became my second favorite ever and I then started listening to bands that included my new favorite drummer (Mike Portnoy). Starting 2019 I made a goal to listen to one new album every day. I have since listened to every album by Rush, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Dio, Ozzy, Gojira, Tenacious D, Elton John, System of a Down, Alice In Chains, Queensryche.

An album a day, that's pretty ambitious and awesome.  How long are you going to try to keep it going?

2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

An album a day, that's pretty ambitious and awesome.  How long are you going to try to keep it going?

As long as I can. My parents like the same music so they’ve been offering me a lot of bands and I’ve been finding some on my own. It’s a great way to wake up in the morning 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

5 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I'm also doing this album a day thing. It takes so much effort. I'm currently about a week behind schedule and running out of shorter albums to listen to. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

I'm also doing this album a day thing. It takes so much effort. I'm currently about a week behind schedule and running out of shorter albums to listen to. 

I was behind and had a point in March/April where I did the math to see how many id have to catch up on and went up to 2 or 3 a day. I also decided to do the same thing with a new episode of a show a day (at the least, I’ll usually do more if I really like it). I also forgot to list King Crimson, Yes, Jimi Hendrix, Bad Company, Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blue Ouster Cult, Boston, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Pantera, Rainbow, REO Speedwagon, Tool and then the bands with Mike Portnoy (Sons of Apollo, Metal Allegiance, Liquid Tension Experiment, The Winery Dogs, Adrenaline Mob, and Flying Colors).