Slash In A Maiden Shirt

Jordan Rose

14 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Just saw a recentish pic of Slash in  a Maiden shirt. Would never have thought he'd have been keen at all, doesn't seem at all his thing. Does anyone know if he's ever talked about Maiden?

Well he likes Metallica, who were heavily inspired by Iron Maiden, so it wouldnt be far off to think that he likes them. Tey (GNR) opened for Iron Maiden back way back when. And Slash was a guest on Bruce's radio show in 2010 to promote his Slash solo album

Edited by Mendez

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

Just saw a recentish pic of Slash in  a Maiden shirt. Would never have thought he'd have been keen at all, doesn't seem at all his thing. Does anyone know if he's ever talked about Maiden?

I don't remember the sources, but Slash said he liked Di'Anno Maiden before they became "ridiculous" with Dickinson or something like that. I remember people talking about it back in 2010 when he was going to be interviewed for Dickinson's radio show. I also remember a fan said they were wearing a Killers shirt and Slash said he would have to go listen to that album again.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

He did mentoon maiden i n his book but i got the impression their music isnt his cup of tea. Goes for duff as well.

12 hours ago, Mendez said:

Well he likes Metallica, who were heavily inspired by Iron Maiden, so it wouldnt be far off to think that he likes them. Tey (GNR) opened for Iron Maiden back way back when. And Slash was a guest on Bruce's radio show in 2010 to promote his Slash solo album

Thanks. I adore Maiden and don't enjoy Metallica for a second so I see it as pretty far off. They might as well be entirely different genres to me.

11 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Don't think you'll catch Axl in one any time soon.

Based on stuff he said in the 80s, no, but he went to see them more recently and i'm sure i've heard him be more complimentary of both the band and Bruce's voice since then. If you look at the subject matter of Maiden songs and the music compared to what Axl writes and his own major influences you can see why he wouldn't relate.

11 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I don't remember the sources, but Slash said he liked Di'Anno Maiden before they became "ridiculous" with Dickinson or something like that. I remember people talking about it back in 2010 when he was going to be interviewed for Dickinson's radio show. I also remember a fan said they were wearing a Killers shirt and Slash said he would have to go listen to that album again.

I should have double checked but it definitely wan't a Di'Anno era shirt. Not that that necessarily means anything. Maybe he just liked the shirt and liked early Maiden. 

10 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

He did mentoon maiden i n his book but i got the impression their music isnt his cup of tea. Goes for duff as well.

Yeah, musically and lyrically it's miles from the stuff they write or generally talk about as influences. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/11/2020 at 1:30 AM, Mendez said:

GNR never opened for Iron maiden! They decline that tour

• 2 weeks later...