Favorite Track by Track

Kill Devil Hill

Probably been done before, but I wanted to create a breather from those dumb threads even though they did make me laugh.

Live Era can be counted if you're into that I guess, but it'd make more sense to use studio albums (+Lies of course). So just pick your favorite tracks from the six studio albums.

1. Civil War

2. Dust N' Bones

3. Better

4. Human Being

5. Perfect Crime

6. There Was A Time

7. Breakdown

8. One in a Million

9. Locomotive

10. November Rain

11. Estranged

12. Rocket Queen

13. Don't Cry (alt.)

14. Prostitute

15. Dead Horse

16. Coma

Great songs that could've made the cut:

1. Jungle, obviously. It's a better opener, but Civil War's a better song. Right Next Door to Hell's cool, too, though.

2. It's So Easy was the only other one I was considering. They could easily flip flop. Today, it's Dust N' Bones, but tomorrow it'll probably be ISE.

3. I thought I was gonna go with Move to the City, actually, until I saw that Better was track 3. Nightrain was also a contender. Solid track number overall.

4. Not much competition really. I was between Human Being and Street of Dreams, but I prefer Human Being. I prefer the other Don't Cry and the demo.

5. Again, not difficult. Mr. Brownstone was really the only contender. Maybe Patience.

6. Paradise City and Ain't It Fun. It's unfortunate TWAT kicks so much ass.

7. INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT. I picked My Michelle, then I picked You're Crazy and decided I'd stick with it, then I saw Breakdown and hopped ship, and then I got distracted by Catcher. . . but Breakdown's my favorite of the bunch.

8. Actually, this was kind of tough, too. I was pretty confident Think About You would be the only good one (it's one of my favorites from AFD), but OIAM is apparently track 8, and that's a top 5 song for me. Pretty Tied Up also would've been a good choice.

9. Only other song in the running was SCOM, but Locomotive just has better lyrics and guitar, nothing personal.

10. I LOVE Black Leather, love it to death, but November Rain is the masterpiece, and it still makes me cry the way it used to make me cry when I was little.

11. There are some killer songs here. The Garden and IRS are top notch and two of the most underrated songs in GN'R's discography. I honestly don't get why The Garden is so universally panned. But anyway, Estranged is Estranged.

12. It's unfortunate You Could Be Mine and Madagascar had to face Rocket Queen. Oh, well, tough nuts.

13. Don't Damn Me and This I Love were the strongest contenders. And then I decided Don't Damn Me was gonna win. But then I realized Don't Cry (alt.) was track 13 and forgot about the other two songs completely.

14. Bad Apples, another UYI1 gem that never gets any love. I slightly prefer Prostitute. Both are fantastic tunes, though.

I'm kind of glad Dead Horse and Coma did have to face any other songs. Those two are really fantastic songs and could've eliminated most of the others, really.

AFD: 1

Lies: 1

UYI 1: 5

UYI 2: 5

TSI: 1

CD: 3

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

1. Civil War > Welcome to the Jungle > Since I Don't Have You > Chinese Democracy > Right Next Door to Hell > Reckless Life

2. 14 Years > Shackler's Revenge > It's So Easy > Dust N' Bones > Nice Boys > New Rose

3. Nightrain > Better > Yesterdays > Down on the Farm > Move to the City > Live and Let Die

4. Don't Cry > Street of Dreams > Human Being > Mama Kin > Out ta Get Me > Knockin' on Heaven's Door

5. Mr. Brownstone > Patience > Perfect Crime > If the World > Get in the Ring > Raw Power

6. There Was a Time > Paradise City > Used to Love Her > You Ain't the First > Ain't it Fun > Shotgun Blues

7. You're Crazy > Bad Obsession > Catcher in the Rye > My Michelle > Breakdown > Buick Makane (Big Dumb Sex)

8. One in a Million > Think About You > Back Off Bitch > Pretty Tied Up > Scraped > Hair of the Dog

9. Locomotive > Sweet Child o' Mine > Riad N' the Bedouins > Double Talkin' Jive > Attitude

10. November Rain > You're Crazy > Sorry > So Fine > Black Leather

11. Estranged > I.R.S. > The Garden > Anything Goes > You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory

12. Rocket Queen > You Could Be Mine > Madagascar > Garden of Eden > I Don't Care About You

13. This I Love > Don't Damn Me > Don't Cry person version > Look At Your Game Girl

14. Prostitute > Bad Apples > My World

15. Dead Horse

16. Coma

1. Welcome to the Jungle

2. Shackler's Revenge

3. Nightrain (arghh Better comes so close)

4. Don't Cry

5. If the World

6. There Was a Time

7. You're Crazy

8. One in a Million

9. Locomotive

10. November Rain

11. Estranged

12. Madagascar

13. This I Love

14. Prostitute

15. Dead Horse

16. Coma

1. Welcome to the Jungle

2. Nice Boys

3. Nightrain

4. Out'ta Get Me

5. Get In The Ring/Mr. Brownstone

6. Paradise City/There Was a Time

7. Bad Obsession/ Buick Makane (Big Dumb Sex)

8. Back Off Bitch/Pretty Tied Up

9. Locomotive

10. Estranged (Live Era)

11. The Garden

12. You Could Be Mine

13. Don't Damn Me/ This I Love

14. - (Don't like Bad Apples or Prostitute or My World) Here's my joker: Shadow Of Your Love

15. Dead Horse

16. Coma

AFD: 4 (5)

Lies: 1 (Probably 2 if we count Live From the Jungle EP)

UYI 1: 6

UYI 2: 3 (4 if we count Estranged, but i prefer the live era version)

TSI: 1

Live Era: 1

CD: 2

Edited by Motivation

01. Civil War

02. 14 Years

03. Nightrain

04. Don't Cry

05. Patience

06. Paradise City

07. You're Crazy (slow)

08. One in a Million

09. Sweet Child o' Mine

10. November Rain

11. Estranged

12. Rocket Queen

13. Look at Your Game Girl

14. Bad Apples

15. Dead Horse

16. Coma

temporary mood (there were times when afd would blow many out of the water)

1. CW (wttj)

2. SR (ise)

3. Better (nightrain, yesterdays)

4. DC

5. ITW (pc)

6. TWAT (pc)

7. Breakdown

8. BOB (oiam)

9. SCOM

10. NR

11. Estranged

12. YCBM

13. TIL (ddm, dc alt)

14. Prostitute

15. DH

16. COMA

afd: 1-5

lies: 0-1

uyi1: 3-7

uyi2: 3-6

tsi: 0

cd: 1-6

average corrected for song number (uyi1 used as a base) but still, albums with more songs have an advantage:

afd: 4

lies: 1

uyi1: 5

uyi2: 5.14

cd: 4

see, cd stacks up well. however it has some of the best and some of the worst gnr songs on there

Edited by the rush

1. Jungle

2. Shackler's Revenge

3. Nightrain

4. Don't Cry

5. Patience

6. Paradise City

7. Catcher In The Rye

8. Back Off Bitch

9. Locomotive

10. November Rain

11. Estranged

12. Rocket Queen

13. This I Love

14. Prostitute

** Coma

AFD: 4

Lies : 1

UYI1 : 4

UYI2 : 2

SI : 0

CD : 4

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

1. Civil War > Welcome To The Jungle > Right Next Door To Hell > Reckless Life > Chinese Democracy > Since I Don't Have You

2. It's So Easy > Dust N' Bones > 14 Years > Nice Boys > New Rose > Shackler's Revenge

3. Nightrain > Move To The City > Down On The Farm > Better > Yesterdays > Live And Let Die

4. Don't Cry (Original)> Human Being > Out Ta Get Me > Mama Kin > Street Of Dreams > Knockin' On Heaven's Door

5. Mr Brownstone > Patience > Perfect Crime > Raw Power > If The World > Get In The Ring

6. Ain't It Fun > Paradise City > You Ain't The First > Used To Love Her > Shotgun Blues > There Was A Time

7. Bad Obsession > You're Crazy (Acoustic) > My Michelle > Buick Makane > Breakdown > Catcher In The Rye

8. One In A Million > Pretty Tied Up > Think About You > Back Off Bitch > Hair of the Dog > Scraped

9. Sweet Child O' Mine > Double Talkin' Jive > Locomotive > Attitude > Riad N' the Bedouins

10. Black Leather > So Fine > November Rain > Sorry > You're Crazy (AFD)

11. Estranged > The Garden > You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory > Anything Goes > IRS

12. You Could Be Mine > Rocket Queen > Madagascar > Garden of Eden > I Don't Care About You

13. Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics) > Don't Damn Me > This I Love > Look At Your Game Girl

14. Bad Apples > My World > Prostitute

15. Dead Horse

16. Coma

If I'll rate them all on a scale 1-10

10 - Civil War, It's So Easy, Dust N' Bones, Mr Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Sweet Child O' Mine, Double Talkin' Jive, Black Leather, Estranged

9,5 - Nightrain, You're Crazy (Lies), One In A Million, You Could Be Mine, Dead Horse, Ain't It Fun

9 - Welcome To The Jungle, Move To The City, Down On The Farm, Human Being, Don't Cry (Original), Locomotive, So Fine, Rocket Queen, Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics)

8,5 - Pretty Tied Up, The Garden, Don't Damn Me, Bad Apples

8 - 14 Years, Patience, Madagascar, Coma

7,5 - November Rain, Paradise City, My Michelle

7 - Right Next Door To Hell, Think About You, Back Off Bitch, Attitude

6,5 - Better, Perfect Crime, Nice Boys, Out Ta Get Me

6 - Sorry, This I Love, Buick Makane, Garden Of Eden, Mama Kin

5,5 - You're Crazy (AFD), Reckless Life, New Rose, Raw Power, You Ain't The First, Used To Love Her

5 - Street Of Dreams, If The World, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory

4,5 - Breakdown, Look At Your Game Girl, Shotgun Blues, Anything Goes

4 - Catcher In The Rye, IRS, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Get In The Ring

3,5 - Yesterdays, Hair Of The Dog

3 - Chinese Democracy, Live And Let Die, I Don't Care About You

2,5 - My World

2 - Scraped, Riad N' the Bedouins, Since I Don't Have You

1,5 - There Was A Time, Prostitute

1 - Shackler's Revenge

Average:

Appetite For Destruction - 8/10

GNR Lies - 7,4/10

Use Your Illusions I - 7,8/10

Use Your Illusions II - 6,8/10

The Spaghetti Incident - 6,1/10

Chinese Democracy - 3,9/10

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

1. Jungle > ChiDem > Civil War > Right Next Door To Hell > SIDHY > Reckless Life

2. Shacklers > 14 Years > Nice Boys > New Rose > It's So Easy > Dust N Bones

3. Better > Nightrain > Live & Let Die > Move To The City > Down On The Farm > Yesterdays

4. Don't Cry > Street of Dreams > Human Being > Out ta Get Me > Knockin' on Heaven's Door > Mama Kin

5. Mr. Brownstone > Patience > Raw Power > Get in the Ring > Perfect Crime > If the World

6. Used to Love Her > There Was a Time > Ain't it Fun > Paradise City > Shotgun Blues > You Ain't the First

7. Breakdown > Catcher In The Rye > My Michelle > Buick Makane > You're Crazy (accoustic) > Bad Obsession

8. Think About You > Hair Of The Dog > Pretty Tied Up > One In A Million > Back Off Bitch > Scraped

9. Locomotive > Sweet Child o' Mine > Riad N' the Bedouins > Double Talkin' Jive > Attitude

10. November Rain > Sorry > Black Leather > So Fine > You're Crazy

11. Estranged > The Garden > IRS > Anything Goes > You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory

12. Madagascar > Rocket Queen > You Could Be Mine > Garden of Eden > I Don't Care About You

13. This I Love > Don't Cry alt version > Don't Damn Me > Look At Your Game Girl

14. Prostitute > Bad Apples > My World

15. Dead Horse

16. Coma

AFD = 3

Lies = 1

UYI I = 4

UYI II = 3

TSI = 0

CD = 5

1. Reckless Life

2. It's So Easy

3. Out Ta Get Me

4. Right Next Door To Hell

5. Back Off Bitch

6. Garden of Eden

7. Get in the Ring

8. Down on the Farm

9. Black Leather

10. Chinese Democracy

11. Scraped

12. Shackler's Revenge

Guest Broskirose

1. Reckless Life

2. It's So Easy

3. Out Ta Get Me

5. Back Off Bitch

6. Garden of Eden

7. Get in the Ring

8. Down on the Farm

9. Black Leather

10. Chinese Democracy

11. Scraped

12. Shackler's Revenge

?

1. Reckless Life

2. It's So Easy

3. Out Ta Get Me

5. Back Off Bitch

6. Garden of Eden

7. Get in the Ring

8. Down on the Farm

9. Black Leather

10. Chinese Democracy

11. Scraped

12. Shackler's Revenge

Confused?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

did I misunderstand the question?

You were suppose the pick the one song for each track that you can chose from each album.

For example, on track one you could choose from WTTJ (AFD), Reckless Life (Lies), RNDTH (UYI I), Civil War (UYI II), SIDHY (TSI), CD (CD)

On track two you could choose from ISE, Nice Boys, Dust N' Bones, 14 Years, etc.

did I misunderstand the question?

You were suppose the pick the one song for each track that you can chose from each album.

For example, on track one you could choose from WTTJ (AFD), Reckless Life (Lies), RNDTH (UYI I), Civil War (UYI II), SIDHY (TSI), CD (CD)

On track two you could choose from ISE, Nice Boys, Dust N' Bones, 14 Years, etc.

I could could fuck up a cup of coffee!

do over.

1. Civil War

2. Dust N Bones

3. Better

4. Street Of Dreams

5. If The World

6. There Was A Time

7. Catcher in the Rye

8. Pretty Tied Up

9. Locomotive

10. Sorry

11. Estranged

12. You Could Be Mine

13. This I Love

14. Prostitute

I think this is more or less it. probably best album of all time.

Edited by wasted

1. Civil War > Right Next Door To Hell > Welcome To The Jungle Reckless Life > Chinese Democracy > Since I Don't Have You

2. Dust N' Bones > 14 Years > Nice Boys > It's So Easy > It's So Easy > New Rose

3. Yesterdays > Better > Nightrain > Move To The City> Down on the Farm > Live And Let Die

4. Knockin' on Heaven's Door >Don't Cry (Original) > Out Ta Get Me > Street of Dreams > Mama Kin > Human Being

5. Mr Brownstone > Patience > Perfect Crime > If The World > Raw Power > Get In The Ring

6. Used to Love Her > There Was a Time > You Ain't The First > Paradise City > Ain't it Fun > Shotgun Blues

7. You're Crazy (Acoustic) > Breakdown > Bad Obsession > Catcher in the Rye > Buick Makane > My Michelle

8. One In A Million > Pretty Tied Up > Think About You > Back Off Bitch > Hair of the Dog > Scraped

9. Sweet Child O' Mine > Double Talkin' Jive > Locomotive > Riad N' The Bedouins > Attitude

10. November Rain> Black Leather > Sorry > You're Crazy (AFD)> So Fine

11. Estranged > The Garden > You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory > Anything Goes > IRS

12. You Could Be Mine > Rocket Queen > Madagascar > Garden of Eden > I Don't Care About You

13. Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics) > Don't Damn Me > This I Love > Look At Your Game Girl

14. My World > Bad Apples > Prostitute

15. Dead Horse

16. Coma

Average:

Appetite For Destruction - 8.0/10

GNR Lies - 7.0/10

Use Your Illusions I - 9.5/10

Use Your Illusions II - 9.5/10

The Spaghetti Incident - 6.5/10

Chinese Democracy - 7.5/10

Edited by Indigo Miser

1. Civil War

2. Shackler's Revenge

3. Better

4. Street of Dreams

5. Mr. Brownstone

6. There Was a Time

7. Catcher in the Rye

8. One in a Million

9. Locomotive

10. November Rain

11. Estranged

12. Rocket Queen

13. Don't Cry (alt)

14. Prostitute

15. Dead Horse

16. Coma

AFD-2

Lies-1

UYI1- 3

UYI2-4

CD- 6

Guess I am not a fan of the Spaghetti incident. Choosing between SCOM and Locomotive was hard but I prefer an epic sound. Choosing 15 and 16 was easy but I do enjoy the songs.

Dead Horse is so overrated by forum people.

1. Civil War

3. Live And Let Die

4. Out Ta Get Me

5. Mr Brownstone

6. There Was a Time

7. You're Crazy (Acoustic)

8. Scraped

9. Locomotive

10. November Rain

11. Estranged

12. Rocket Queen

13. This I Love

14. Prostitute

15. Dead Horse

16. Coma

AFD: 3

Lies: 1

UYI: 8

CD: 4

Edited by Flayer

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

1.Civil war

2.Its so easy

3.Nightrain

4.Dont cry

5.Perfect crime

6.Paradise city

7.You are crazy ( acoustic )

8.Back off bitch

9.Locomotive

10.November rain

11.The Garden

12.You could be mine

13.Dont damn me

14.Bad appples

15.Dead horse

16.COMA

That's a pretty good list of songs, I must say.