BBF advises new bands to be punctual (calls Axl a goober)-Turns out NME is lying.

izzydoezit

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour delay is not normal . go to some concert of another band (if mummy lets you) first and then talk.

I have been to many shows, this is normal. We had to wait about 45 + minutes between sets for Megadeth on the Gigantour.

What's with the "mummy" business? You're one weird person. :rofl-lol:

1 hour delay is not normal . go to some concert of another band (if mummy lets you) first and then talk.

I have been to many shows, this is normal. We had to wait about 45 + minutes between sets for Megadeth on the Gigantour.

What's with the "mummy" business? You're one weird person. :rofl-lol:

Typo sorry. Your mama I meant. Waiting between sets is normal for 45 min. or 1 hour. Waiting 1 hour after the time schedule when the band is supposed to get on stage, is not normal.

Let's see how many insults Axl will get from BBF before he fires his ass.

http://www.nme.com/n...s-n-roses/67962

Before he started giving out advise to new bands , shouldn't he be fixing his own band's problems with being late?

You can only affect that which you can influence. For anybody other than Axl, GnR isn't one of those things. Sadly.

It's called dictatorship.

Also, this is just another example of BBF showing frustration towards GnR and Axl. And rightly so!

He's good to the fans, creative and productive. Everything I wish GnR was as well.

Wonder if he'll stay for much longer...

He went on 22.45 last time I saw him (45 minutes late). Many people had to marginally get a cab or leave before the show ended to make it to the last train or bus due to his delay. Next day same venue, Motley Crue were on time punctual. Same with all other bands on the festival. They were ALL on time (+/- 5-6 minutes) except for nuGNR.

From Bumble Face:

Some 'info' sites will twist anything into an attack on Axl, lol (only way to get more readers and hike up rates on advertisers I guess...) NME is *not* a legit source of music info by any stretch. Not only do they make up quotes that aren't true (I've NEVER used the term "massive goobers" in my life, lol), I also didn't speak to Metal Hammer. NME is using a piece of an interview I did with Ryze-Up magazine, http://www.ryze-up.com/magazine/January_2013/#/32/ (starts at http://www.ryze-up.com/magazine/January_2013/#/28/) If NME is going to point fingers, they should have more integrity and class in what *they* do, yes?

I'm at the venue early, I'll have dinner with crew, watch opening acts, get warmed up, I'm at every meet-n-greet, and I'm ready to get on stage at show time. That's me. My advice was for musicians starting out, hopefully it served its positive purpose :)

Happy New Year everyone, have a great 2013 :)

Does anyone expect GNR to go on before 11 PM under normal circumstances?

Some of you need to learn to get over shit.

Some others should stop mindlessly defending everything everything Axl says or does. After all this time I'm still not sure if you're trolling, or actually that thick.

This is the actual text of what was said. You'll note that the "massive goober" comment wasn't in quotes and was the comment of the magazine not Ron.

Thal:

“1. Be on time. By “on time” I mean “be early.” Make sure you’re there for when you need to be — wait in your car, communicate, let them know 10 minutes early that you’ll be there in 5 minutes, and walk in 5 minutes later.

2. Be prepared. By “prepared” I mean “overly prepared.” Know more than you need to. If you’re gonna lay guitar parts, know the drum grooves and where all the accents and up-beats and fills and breaks are, know the bass lines… When the bassist doesn’t show and they freak out and you say, “I know the bass part. I can lay it down,” you’ll be the MVP

3. Be cool. And by that I mean, be a calm, relaxed, easy-going, soothing presence in the room. When everyone is contagiously breaking into panic and stress mode, you’ll be their voice of reason without even trying. Players can be replaced — people are chosen by who others want to spend their time with.”

Remember kids, only massive goobers make a habit of not being on time.

Edited by Dazey

Well Bumble is right if you are up and coming, but when you are established, do what the fuck you like. If it really pissed people that much, Axl would no longer be performing around the world at 51. So what he's late, more tome to drink and have a blast a gig, i don't do cocoa and early nightslike the little bitches that complain, later the better, more fun to be had.