BBF advises new bands to be punctual (calls Axl a goober)-Turns out NME is lying.

izzydoezit

But then what's the big deal? With a festival you know you're in for the long haul and organisers wouldn't let it blow out too far from the scheduled time because there's more acts scheduled for the same stage. I don't see what the fuss is. :shrugs:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a Lana Del Rey show last year (average audience member being a 20 something female) and the wait in between the support act and Lana was 1 hour. That's saying a lot considering the support act was on for 45 minutes and Lana herself was on for 50 minutes. :rolleyes: 1 hour is fucking normal!

I think 75 minutes seems to be the audience's comfort zone for a headliner. If there's a lot of bands lined up in a festival situation, then an hour makes sense. I think it's hard for anyone with one album out to try to make a full length concert out of it, that's why GNR had so many cover songs to give people a full show and a ton of energy like a Ramones show (who would easily do 30 songs in an hour, maybe more), but I think GNR were clocking in at around an hour, too.

There's def. a down side to festivals, but it's a good way to see bands that you might overlook or poorly promoted by the record company. I guess the Orion Fest went good if Metallica's doing it again.

1 hour delay is not normal . go to some concert of another band (if mummy lets you) first and then talk.

I have been to many shows, this is normal. We had to wait about 45 + minutes between sets for Megadeth on the Gigantour.

What's with the "mummy" business? You're one weird person. :rofl-lol:

Typo sorry. Your mama I meant. Waiting between sets is normal for 45 min. or 1 hour. Waiting 1 hour after the time schedule when the band is supposed to get on stage, is not normal.

Let's see how many insults Axl will get from BBF before he fires his ass.

I just wen to see The Killers 2 weeks ago, and i waited 1hr and 15mins for them to go on after the opening band

If Bumble was late for Axl he would get fired. The boss is never late.

That's true.

Well yeah, but Axl is GNR, you simply cannot fire Axl. They tried in the past.

If Slash was late he would get fired too.. just like Steven for doing heavy drugs.

Well, I agree. But there is a difference. Slash was as popular as Axl at that time, one of the biggest rockstars on the planet. You gotta have more patience with a star. On the other hand... who would really care if they replaced Bumble with another guitar player? And don't get me wrong, I like Bumble.

That's true.

If Slash was late he would get fired too.. just like Steven for doing heavy drugs.

Steven was fired for drugs after an agreement regarding his drug use was put in place.

There was no agreement that if Slash was late, he'd be fired.

That's true.

Well, I agree. But there is a difference. Slash was as popular as Axl at that time, one of the biggest rockstars on the planet. You gotta have more patience with a star. On the other hand... who would really care if they replaced Bumble with another guitar player? And don't get me wrong, I like Bumble.

I do if he get replaced with CC Devile or some shit like that. If he get replaced with bucket or finck that's another story.

That's true.

Steven was fired for drugs after an agreement regarding his drug use was put in place.

Yes, but we don't know that, we think that is the most likely scenario.

That's true.

I do if he get replaced with CC Devile or some shit like that. If he get replaced with bucket or finck that's another story.

That's true.

That is the obvious scenario. Axl didn't gain the right to fire Slash until the agreement was signed that Axl had control. Until then, it would have required all partners to fire him. Just like it would have required the partnership to fire Steven before Steven agreed to the drug use terms of the band.

Before any of that, it would have taken a partnership consensus to fire one of them. Axl wasn't the decision maker of "employment" until those agreements were signed.

Edited by Rustycage

That's true.

That's true.

That is the obvious scenario. Axl didn't gain the right to fire Slash until the agreement was signed that Axl had control. Until then, it would have required all partners to fire him. Just like it would have required the partnership to fire Steven before Steven agreed to the drug use terms of the band.

Before any of that, it would have taken a partnership consensus to fire one of them. Axl wasn't the decision maker of "employment" until those agreements were signed.

But that agreement was made just in case of one of the band members died of overdose, they don't want to deal with the widows or family.(see Duff book). Axl vision of GNR in that time has Slash as his lead guitar, even if they can't get along like they used to.(see Axl chats)

But that agreement was made just in case of one of the band members died of overdose, they don't want to deal with the widows or family.(see Duff book). Axl vision of GNR in that time has Slash as his lead guitar, even if they can't get along like they used to.(see Axl chats)

It was a partnership before Axl laid out the terms to takeover as sole owner.

Partners are not considered employees under law. You can't fire a partner without an agreement. Axl knew this and that's why he went the route he did. Steven's firing was made possible by the agreement. Gilby was fired because he wasn't a partner. Matt, as well. Slash, Duff, Izzy and Axl were partners.

What forum does madison have?

Madison hasn't been an active poster at any GnR forum for years.

You can't really blame her. The way some people talk about her and the names some people call her on here ......ten times worse than anything I ever saw her do.

The funniest thing about it? How many years has it been since she stopped posting here? Yet the people who don't like her CAN'T stop talking about her!!!!!! People need to let grudges go. Carrying around anger for people you barely know, for years, isn't healthy. Pretty silly to let people you dislike control your emotions.....for years.

Partners are not considered employees under law. You can't fire a partner without an agreement. Axl knew this and that's why he went the route he did. Steven's firing was made possible by the agreement. Gilby was fired because he wasn't a partner. Matt, as well. Slash, Duff, Izzy and Axl were partners.

Nope, wrong again..

Ego's..Duff wasnt with janes addiction long was he???

Oh wait thats dave navarros and axls fault...

Nope, wrong again..

Read the law regarding partnerships and explain how I am wrong. Everyone in the band were operating under the partnership agreement until Axl made his move to become owner of the band.

The actually scares me. I mean, today, in 2013, there seem to be more GnR fanforums than there are wild african elephants left. And whenever I stumble across them I see a lot of the same names as here.

Now... to drill down to the bedrock of my question - Where do you people find the time?!! :mellow:

http://www.nme.com/n...s-n-roses/67962

Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal has said that his one piece of advice for new bands is "be on time".

The tip may come as something of a surprise to anyone who has seen Guns N' Roses live in recent years, as the band regularly arrive on stage hours later than scheduled. However, Bumblefoot says that only "massive goobers" make a habit of not being on time and that you should be early if possible. Speaking to Metal Hammer, the guitarist said:

Be on time. By “on time” I mean “be early.” Make sure you’re there for when you need to be — wait in your car, communicate, let them know 10 minutes early that you’ll be there in five minutes, and walk in five minutes later. Remember kids, only massive goobers make a habit of not being on time.

Bumblefoot's advice continues with a word to "be cool". He says, "Be cool. And by that I mean, be a calm, relaxed, easy-going, soothing presence in the room. When everyone is contagiously breaking into panic and stress mode, you’ll be their voice of reason without even trying. Players can be replaced — people are chosen by who others want to spend their time with.”

Meanwhile, Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler has claimed he's no longer angry at singer Axl Rose over the dispute regarding the band's induction to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Adler labelled the frontman an "asshole" after he chose not to attend the ceremony in April of this year. Rose had asked not to be inducted at all, and was subsequently booed by the audience when Green Day singer Billie Joe Armstrong read out his name at the bash in Cleveland, Ohio.

The drummer had also dismissed the new line-up of Guns N' Roses by dubbing them "Axl And His Hacks"

Edited by Vincent Vega