Where can I find the white leather jacket from the PC vid?

axlrose4eva

Here is a pic of the white one at the Hard Rock cafe.

whiteleatherjacketbl5.th.jpg

An unknown fact about it is that it is not the actual jacket worn in the Paradise City video by Axl, it's a replica.

As the story goes Axl got that jacket made specifically and got it done in white (even though I think a white leather jacket for a guy is pretty gay), because he wanted a jacket that nobody else would have and would be unique.

Problem was the manufacturer's wife really liked it so he made up an extra jacket for her - but Axl apparently eventually saw hers and went off his nut about it.

Anyhow, there was also a third jacket made - without Axl's knowledge. Alan Niven got a third one done because he had seen an original concert poster (can't recall which one now) at the Hard Rock cafe that he really wanted. So he and Tom Zutaut went to the hard rock one night, Alan put the jacket on in the carpark and rolled around in the gravel first to give it a few marks and the impression that it had been worn, they then took it in and struck a deal with the manager there for a trade.

I believe that it was later on that the jacket got autographed, probably by Doug Goldstein - not Axl. Doug used to sign lots of stuff "on behalf" of the guys in the band - apparently it was a running joke.

The real twist in the tale and the karma came around when Alan took the concert poster that he got from the Hard Rock out of the frame and found it wasn't an original but a replica too.

Classic!!

Edited by williambailey01

Here is a pic of the white one at the Hard Rock cafe.

whiteleatherjacketbl5.th.jpg

An unknown fact about it is that it is not the actual jacket worn in the Paradise City video by Axl, it's a replica.

As the story goes Axl got that jacket made specifically and got it done in white (even though I think a white leather jacket for a guy is pretty gay), because he wanted a jacket that nobody else would have and would be unique.

Problem was the manufacturer's wife really liked it so he made up an extra jacket for her - but Axl apparently eventually saw hers and went off his nut about it.

Anyhow, there was also a third jacket made - without Axl's knowledge. Alan Niven got a third one done because he had seen an original concert poster (can't recall which one now) at the Hard Rock cafe that he really wanted. So he and Tom Zutaut went to the hard rock one night, Alan put the jacket on in the carpark and rolled around in the gravel first to give it a few marks and the impression that it had been worn, they then took it in and struck a deal with the manager there for a trade.

I believe that it was later on that the jacket got autographed, probably by Doug Goldstein - not Axl. Doug used to sign lots of stuff "on behalf" of the guys in the band - apparently it was a running joke.

The real twist in the tale and the karma came around when Alan took the concert poster that he got from the Hard Rock out of the frame and found it wasn't an original but a replica too.

Classic!!

Wow. Pretty good. You're really knowlegeable on this leather jacket.

Wow. Pretty good. You're really knowlegeable on this leather jacket.

Yeah I found this stuff out when I bought this black version of the jacket earlier in the year. This one was a tour jacket given to the road crew. The band members had ones the same but theirs had their name embroided onto the breast of the jacket on the opposite side to the cross logo.

picture026go4.th.jpg

picture027su3.th.jpg

Here's a jacket I got off eBay. A prototype made for Axl himself, which, as you can see when compared with the jacket used in the video, was changed slightly.

http://www.troccolitm.com/jacketwhiteleath...l?1167284850000

Wow! That's one good looking jacket :o

fuck yeah i'd like to have it.

Yeah man thats awsum

I want his freaking civil war jackets.
I too want the REBAL jacket and the one with the bones on it, AND the WAR? one are my favorites...

Won this on eBay the other day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=009 rock4rock3 rock1 rock2 :devil:

Which can be seen in this video here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PKMEY0nlY2A

Edited by troccoli

I want his freaking civil war jackets.
I too want the REBAL jacket and the one with the bones on it, AND the WAR? one are my favorites...

Won this on eBay the other day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=009 rock4rock3 rock1 rock2 :devil:

Which can be seen in this video here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PKMEY0nlY2A

Cool!!! I saw that auction and wondered if you would bid on that.

Very nice pick up rock3

• 2 months later...
i dont know where to post this so Maddy darling feel free to move it but I was wondering does anyone know where I can find a white leather jacket like the one axl wore in the paradise city vid?? thank you

well I have been trying to verify this but Ive been told I have the jacket that was worn in the PC video. I got it from a girlfriend several yrs back. And she got it from a guy that got it from another girl that got it from a concert that he was suppose to have thrown it in the audience. Its a really cool jacketi have just kept it packt away.But i have thought about ebaying it . but I would like to find out if it is" THE JACKET"

i dont know where to post this so Maddy darling feel free to move it but I was wondering does anyone know where I can find a white leather jacket like the one axl wore in the paradise city vid?? thank you

well I have been trying to verify this but Ive been told I have the jacket that was worn in the PC video. I got it from a girlfriend several yrs back. And she got it from a guy that got it from another girl that got it from a concert that he was suppose to have thrown it in the audience. Its a really cool jacketi have just kept it packt away.But i have thought about ebaying it . but I would like to find out if it is" THE JACKET"

Have you got pics of it?

Have you got pics of it?

no I havent taken any pix but, I guess I could I just dont have a digital camera. But I have looked closely at the PC video and it looks exactly like it with the GNR logo onthe back and everything. the only thing missing is the belt. I know some one with a camera I;; see if I can get it so I can post a pix of it.