Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exotica, Chinatown, Fingers, Exterminating Angel, Persona, The Tin Drum, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Brewster McCloud, 3 Women, El Topo, The Conformist, The Unbelievable Truth, Breathless, Blow-Up, Repulsion, Black Swan, Peeping Tom, The Red Shoes, The Long Goodbye, Hiroshima Mon Amour, Fitzcarraldo, Agurrie: The Wrath of God, Blade Runner, Days of Heaven, Harold and Maude, Naked, Badlands, If..., Five Easy Pieces, etc.

Exotica, Chinatown, Fingers, Exterminating Angel, Persona, The Tin Drum, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Brewster McCloud, 3 Women, El Topo, The Conformist, The Unbelievable Truth, Breathless, Blow-Up, Repulsion, Black Swan, Peeping Tom, The Red Shoes, The Long Goodbye, Hiroshima Mon Amour, Fitzcarraldo, Agurrie: The Wrath of God, Blade Runner, Days of Heaven, Harold and Maude, Naked, Badlands, If..., Five Easy Pieces, etc.

I knew it

I thought he was awful. Very vulgar. He definitely crossed the line. I heard he pissed off lots of celebrities plus the Golden Globes staff. I can see why. He was making everyone uncomfortable.

*weeps* Seriously? :rofl-lol: The one and only reason the HFPA are pissed is because he made jokes about the Burlesque payola scandal (members were flown to Vegas to see Cher in concert, and it was subsequently nominated for Best Musical/Comedy and won Best Song, even though both movie and song kind of like...totally suck). Other than that, ratings were up from last year and they've just recieved a ton of free publicity.

He did make a lot of people in that room uncomfortable, and it was magic. Everyone knows the score when they scratch and claw their way into celebrity - ridiculous perks of every concievable variety, first of which is being offensively overpaid, in exchange for one's life and persona becoming fodder for gossip, and when necessary, ridicule and disdain. The ridicule at an awards show may usually come with a softer edge, but no one copped anything last night that they didn't deserve and that they aren't more than compensated for in their day to day existence.

Edited by Angelica

Alright, guys, I'm trying to figure out the title of an old zombie movie...

It has a teenage couple in it and one of the teens father works for the government or something. Also, at one point in the movie, the girl goes nuts (starting to turn "dead" iirc) and puts glass all through her skin and stuff. Shortly after, she rips some guys head and spinal cord out of his body.

That's all I can remember from it, really. I haven't seen it in years.

DOES ANYONE KNOW?!

This is Return of the Living Dead 3, by the way.

Schlock horror at its finest.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I finally watched Inception last night.

Some great visuals and Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Tom Hardy were awesome. Other than that.... 7/10 maybe?

Absolutely not 9/10 - Imdb.com Top 250 #7, no way José!

Don't get me wrong, it was a solid flick, but nowhere near the amazing mindblowing, life-changing movie people made it out to be. The end was predictable, too.

Detroit Rock City - LOL :lol:

My favorite movie of all time :thumbsup:

BOT:

I watched The Green Hornet... It was pretty good.. I knew I was going to like it when people on the imdb boards were calling it Pineapple Express 2.. Kato (Jay Chou) was kickass but his english was terrible... Seth Rogen was just kinda dumb but funny in parts.. Edward Furlongs part was only 3 minutes long but it was cool.. There was also a nice little cameo in the starting by someone else.. So Yeah I Enjoyed it.

How fucking bad was The Untouchables ?? :rofl-lol:

It was just as campy as those early Batman movies, seriously! De Niro was spot on as usual and I also liked Connerys character, but other than that... Kevin Costner can't act if his life depended on it and Andy Garcia had the same facial expression the whole way through!

Some (kind of) gory moments, a story that seemed rushed and that was it. I laughed at the "Let's turn this mafia movie into a western for some minutes" scene.

This could've been so much better.