Film Thread

ssiscool

Step Brothers is a masterpiece. Is it better than Semi Pro, I don't know. I think it's more experimental, Semi Pro is much more of straight spoof. There are parts of Step Brothers where I thought, This is actually them in real life.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll probably cry after I watch the last episode of Freaks and Geeks knowing that there's no more :(. Yet another fantastic show cut off way way way before its time.

Edited by FunkyMonk

I just finished a several months long re-watching of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the complete series. It was glorious. :heart:

I actually did the same.

I finished off watching "Him" for SE7.

My god SMG in a mini skirt and the heels. :heart:

She basically said there was a speech and it involved Doyle.

That would not relate to the casting spoiler I was referring to. :lol: Although there are two of them, really.

Towelhead is painful, confronting, unnerving, upsetting but impressive, honest and oddly beautiful. But hard as hell to watch at times. I'm still a little spun by it. Aaron Eckhart deserves a special honorary Bravest Son-of-a-Bitch Oscar.

Ah, okay so I haven't been spoiled entirely just yet. :lol:

I just finished a several months long re-watching of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the complete series. It was glorious. :heart:

I actually did the same.

I finished off watching "Him" for SE7.

My god SMG in a mini skirt and the heels. :heart:

Him = :wub: It's one of those eps that actually gets funnier on repeat viewings.

Ah, okay so I haven't been spoiled entirely just yet.

That'll last until you see the cover.

Edited by Angelica

I know I keep posting about Freaks and Geeks even though no-one responds to it <_<, but whatever I'm just doing it this one last time.

It's probably the show that I'm most "upset" about that got cancelled. I mean AD got canned after 3 great seasons, but this one only lasted ONE, a really strong season at that. I dunno, they just had too many good characters to let it go to waste like that :(. It's probably the best thing Judd Apatow has ever been involved with.

Oh, I've seen Spike on the cover of S5. :lol:

I don't know which I'm more bitter about.

Joss killing off Doyle, Tara, or Cordie.

Well, you still have one casting spoiler to look forward too. :P

But quite a bit more killing off. :lol:

Wasted - doesn't it ever, though? :(

Edited by Angelica

I survived with The Wire for a bit. Then tried Generation Kill but didn't understand it.

Dexter but it's hard to identify with a serial killer no matter how much he does voice overs.

So now where do we go now?

Change the format?

Youtube webisodes of Code Monkeys?

Hopefully they'll do a Next Generation of The Sopranos someday. Unfortunately Dr Milfi doesn't have a daughter and AJ's too much of a pussy to take over the family. Maybe Meadow will lead the family. It's probably going to take a while before the world is ready for a female mob boss on television.

Season 3 of Dexter has been less than stellar so far. The Shield has been pretty good though. It's going to be another dark day when that show finishes.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I know I keep posting about Freaks and Geeks even though no-one responds to it <_<, but whatever I'm just doing it this one last time.

It's probably the show that I'm most "upset" about that got cancelled. I mean AD got canned after 3 great seasons, but this one only lasted ONE, a really strong season at that. I dunno, they just had too many good characters to let it go to waste like that :(. It's probably the best thing Judd Apatow has ever been involved with.

Arrested Development's canning pissed me off way more. It's probably the greatest tragedy in recent television history. Freaks and Geeks was a good show though.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Who's seen Idiocracy?

I'm reading about it right now and it sounds awesome.

I'm gonna try and buy/rent it tonight.

I have, it's pretty cool. Luke Wilson is awesome though, so get it just for him.

And thankyou Randy for missing Freaks and Geeks with me :(.

Edited by FunkyMonk

Hopefully they'll do a Next Generation of The Sopranos someday. Unfortunately Dr Milfi doesn't have a daughter and AJ's too much of a pussy to take over the family. Maybe Meadow will lead the family. It's probably going to take a while before the world is ready for a female mob boss on television.

Season 3 of Dexter has been less than stellar so far. The Shield has been pretty good though. It's going to be another dark day when that show finishes.

If they step on it they could do a movie. David Chase wants to do movies, that's why he ended Sopranos.

They could do 5 minute webisodes of Soprano Incidents - like Steve Buscemi could come back and shoot AJ in the face.

I think a show about Paulie's life would be great. Call it Cocksucker.

Who's seen Idiocracy?

I'm reading about it right now and it sounds awesome.

I'm gonna try and buy/rent it tonight.

I have, it's pretty cool. Luke Wilson is awesome though, so get it just for him.

And thankyou Randy for missing Freaks and Geeks with me :(.

I loved Freaks & Geeks. I caught the pilot, and every episode after that. It was a great show.

Arrested Development > Freaks & Geeks

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'm downloading Hells Angels on Wheels right now. I hate Jack Nicholson, so I hope he doesn't ruin the film. Anyone have seen it and knows if it's worth downloading?

I think that might be Eazy Rider.

If it is it's a great movie.

I watched I.T. yesterday.

For some reason I kept pictruing Seth Green's character as a dorkier version of Oz. :lol:

Angie, see now I have a dilema. Finish re-watching Buffy or finish off S4 then watch S5! :book:

For some reason I kept pictruing Seth Green's character as a dorkier version of Oz. :lol:

Angie, see now I have a dilema. Finish re-watching Buffy or finish off S4 then watch S5! :book:

Well, S4 of Angel and S7 of Buffy crossover a little, so you could alternate accordingly. Where are you up too with Angel?

Strange Days! :heart:Dark City is also terrifically underrated. And to work this into a Buffyian context, was paid significant homage by Joss in Hush.