Film Thread

ssiscool

It might help if you've read the books.

If you have a decent attention span too that also helps. :lol:

Joking aside. It's raved about because it's the only comic book to be perfectly adapted onto the big screen. The film noir with the great pacing and acting along with a great story that connects together. I think that sums up why it's raved about.

The Dark Knight?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and Sin City is basically the comic put on film. Some scenes in the movie look exactly the same as they do in the book.

Rodriguez needs to get his shit together and do the 'A Dame To Kill For' storyline already. I need another Mickey Rourke as Marv fix.

Edited by Dead Flower

"Risky Business" is really good. The direction is stylish and there satire has a haunting, lyrical tone. So much more than a teen sex comedy. Almost too ironic at times, and the satire on 80's materialism and good ol' American capitalism comes surprisingly early in the decade, before its worst excesses. It's American Psycho years before that.

Oh, and the Tangerine Dream score is awesome.

Edited by adaddnaddy

Just watched Irreversible. I actually had to turn it off for a moment.

I'd care to explain but it might be against forum rules I'm not sure.

Explain it within Forum Rules.

Nine minute rape scene. Not pretty. Truly a fucked up film, but still good.

To be honest, I didn't feel that the rape scene was as brutal as people portray it to be. Yes, it was terrible, but I feel that the brutality of the act was diminished because the scene just went on for so long.

Just watched Irreversible. I actually had to turn it off for a moment.

I'd care to explain but it might be against forum rules I'm not sure.

Explain it within Forum Rules.

Nine minute rape scene. Not pretty. Truly a fucked up film, but still good.

To be honest, I didn't feel that the rape scene was as brutal as people portray it to be. Yes, it was terrible, but I feel that the brutality of the act was diminished because the scene just went on for so long.

I agree, the way people talked about it made it seem a lot worse. I was still pretty repulsed by the way he knocked her head in the ground until you could hear her skull cracking. Not a way to treat a girl to say the least.

It's more or less the fact that it's a passionate rape scene.

Blood, guts, gore, and mutation has never bugged me.

But animal killing and rape always leaves me un-easyl.

Yeah, same here. Red (which is a really good film, by the way) made a much stronger impression on me than, say, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Quite strange, actually.

Australia is a fucking train wreck. It's not even likeable in an ironic campy way. :no:

You should see Sleepaway Camp 4. :lol:

Isaac hayes as the Chef "Hello Children" I swear I've heard that line before. <_<

Red sounds a lot like Craven's Last House On The Left. The basic premise of the revenge anyways.

Red sounds a lot like Craven's Last House On The Left. The basic premise of the revenge anyways.

Nah, it's nothing like that. But it's definitely worth seeing, Brian Cox is excellent.

Brian Cox is one of the greatest unappreciated actors working today, his version of Hannibal Lecter beats Anthony Hopkins hands down

Craven's film is a remake of Bergman's "The Virgin Spring". No question which one is more consistently good and better-made, but shockingly it's Craven's film that packs a more visceral punch.