Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main reason why The Wrestler is considered to be so good is because it has one of the best character portrayals of yesteryear, if not the best, as well as the accurate depiction of the emotions The Ram goes through. What I like about it is that it is so realistic and it works very well for people like myself, who enjoy both obscure arthouse films and big Hollywood blockbusters; I see it as a very good middle ground between the two.

Good. ;) I insist you buy them on DVD, though, it's a much more pleasant experience to watch them on a TV rather than a computer screen. And they're well worth the money.

I always download my movies. I put them onto my flash drive and transfer them to my PS3 so I can watch them on my TV. If I end up liking them, (i.e. The Wrestler, Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, etc.), I will buy them.

Watched Red Dragon on Friday. Really thought it was great. I find it odd that it received such mediocre reviews when it was released. Much better than the overblown Hannibal, and almost as good as Silence of the Lambs, imo.

Great cast. Hopkins just dominating the screen and creeping me the fuck out as Lecter. Norton is always fantastic. Ralph Fiennes proving he's not just president of the mile high club, but also a fantastic actor. Harvey Keitel, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Mary-Louise Parker all excellent in their small parts.

Watched Red Dragon on Friday. Really thought it was great. I find it odd that it received such mediocre reviews when it was released. Much better than the overblown Hannibal, and almost as good as Silence of the Lambs, imo.

Great cast. Hopkins just dominating the screen and creeping me the fuck out as Lecter. Norton is always fantastic. Ralph Fiennes proving he's not just president of the mile high club, but also a fantastic actor. Harvey Keitel, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Mary-Louise Parker all excellent in their small parts.

Red Dragon seems to be a movie everyone loves to hate. Both because it was directed by Brett Ratner and because Michael Mann had already done the same movie sans Anthony Hopkins. I thought Manhunter was alright, but I loved how well Ratner copied the direction of Jonathan Demme. Red Dragon is structured and approached in exactly the same way as Silence, which makes it more worthy as a predecessor.

Red Dragon seems to be a movie everyone loves to hate. Both because it was directed by Brett Ratner and because Michael Mann had already done the same movie sans Anthony Hopkins. I thought Manhunter was alright, but I loved how well Ratner copied the direction of Jonathan Demme. Red Dragon is structured and approached in exactly the same way as Silence, which makes it more worthy as a predecessor.

I thought that Red Dragon was great, but Hopkins looked ridiculous in the extreme.

Just wanted to mention Out of Sight. Very good/underrated film. One of my favorites.

Mine too. ^_^ It's pretty much without fault and horribly underrated. And still the sexiest movie of the modern era.

Yep. The chemistry between clooney and lopez is among the best I've seen. Surprising maybe, but true.

Mr and Mrs Smith: 2/10 :sleeper:

That one sucked so bad. :lol: I had to see it with some friends on movie night and they went completely apeshit on me when I said it was a pathetic excuse for a movie. The same friends referred to Deer Hunter as "the most boring film we've ever seen". I really need to find more friends with good taste in film.