Film Thread

ssiscool

Is anyone else a fan of the film "Flesh + Blood" with Rutger Hauer and Jennifer Jason Leigh?

I'm not exaggerating when I say that it is probably one of the most bonkers films I have ever seen and it maintains its charm because of that every time I watch it.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ReWatched Mayor Of Hell (Cagney)

Neat little movie about this guy that comes in and reforms a reform schools methods. very Angels With Dirty Faces and kind of a precursor to all these challenge the academic system that exist if you ask me. Certainly an early version thereof.

I've been watching a lot of Kate Winslet lately. On Wednesday I saw Titanic with a female (of course) friend, watched Revolutionary Road last night, The Reader today, and finally seeing Little Children nao.

What, a group a guys can't just hang out and watch Titanic?

Probably, but I've never seen nor heard of it.

I've been watching a lot of Kate Winslet lately. On Wednesday I saw Titanic with a female (of course) friend, watched Revolutionary Road last night, The Reader today, and finally seeing Little Children nao.

Is it gay if two guys watch it?

Disney gay.

Disney gay.

Like Aladdin gay or Wall-E gay? Wall-E was the one of the most boring overrated films I've seen in recent memory btw.

Going To Pieces was great.

It'd be nice if they weren't over-praising Halloween again and talked about Black Christmas.

There was something strange about Black Christmas. I mean it wasn't great but I was somehow really drawn in. I think the Christmas setting just made in kinda cozy and comfortable to watch hah.

Recently Rewatched:

Smart Money (Edward G Robinson, James Cagney) About a small time gambler called Nick The Barber with a penchant for blondes. between gambling and blondes, he gets unravelled. Watch it happen with great actors doing the unwrapping :)

The Irish In Us (Pat O'Brien and James Cagney) Pat O' Brien is Jimmys copper brother, Jimmy is Danny O Hara the boxing promotor with a chump for a contender and their third brother is basically comic relief. They all dote on their mother, with Olivia De Havilland as the love interest/spanner in the works betixt Jimmy and Pat O Brien. culminates in James Cagney fighting the middleweight champ!! Yeah Babyyyy!!!!

Gona pop in Bride Of Re-Animator.

NICE

You should also check out Reanimator Academy. It's the original Reanimator story, but it takes place in a frat house, the head makes jokes, and it was shot on VHS.

I think it got rereleased in a 50 Pack called Tomb of Terrors

They're apparently doing a Re-Animator TV series.

Expect no Combs and no Stuart Gordon...

Re-Animator Academy was released on Tomb Of Terrors.

Oh, and they're re-releasing Fulci's Cat In The Brain on the 31st

Edited by Spuffy78

They're apparently doing a Re-Animator TV series.

Expect no Combs and no Stuart Gordon...

Re-Animator Academy was released on Tomb Of Terrors.

Oh, and they're re-releasing Fulci's Cat In The Brain on the 31st

That's funny, because the movie was supposed to be a tv series, but no one would touch it. What a difference 20 years makes.

Just finished watching The Savages. I thought it was really good. Hoffman was great in it as well. Hell, everyone did a great job.

Love that film.

The scene with Linney and that black guy in the van is very good. Not as dirty as it sounds... :shocked:

Speaking of films... has anyone seen The Squid & the Whale?

It's Linney and Jeff Daniels. Very short (80 mins) but probably in the top 3 films I saw last year.

Edited by mandead