Miami Vice Pilot Episode - 9/10

Thief - 8.5/10

Manhunter - 8.5/10

Last of the Mohicans - 9/10

Heat - 9.5/10

The Insider - 9/10

Collateral - 9/10

Miami Vice - 6.5/10

I think his best film is a probably a toss up between The Insider and Heat, but Mohicans remains my favorite. What can I say, I'm a girl. :tongue2:

I'll also hopefully get to go see Watchmen tomorrow night. It's getting some pretty good rating and is still staying Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, which is pretty hard to do for a lot of movies on there that have been coming out lately.

None of the crazed fanboys have seen it yet. :lol:

I'm watching Any Given Sunday. Cameron Diaz is so hot it hurts.

James Woods strikes again! It's not one of Stone's best, but it's better than it's reputation. Diaz was still hot back then, but she could never act. Her shouting matches with Pacino are painful.

Watchmen turned out to be what I expected. Very pretty and imaginative but a little redundant and miscasted. It's hard to deal with the fact that it's very close in spirit to the GN but at the same time fails to convey all the nuances. Maybe it really was just too dense to be boiled down into something under three hours. Of course, it could have been terrible and it's not, very far from it, but it still pales in comparison with the GN.

On that note, I'd advise people to pick up the motion comic DVD. It's the closest anyone will ever come to bringing Watchmen to life and it runs twice as long as Snyder's movie.

I had a Michael Mann marathon:

Thief - 8.5/10

Manhunter - 8.5/10

Heat - 9.5/10

The Insider - 9/10

Collateral - 9/10

Miami Vice - 6.5/10

also wathed heat and the insider in the past week, has anybody seen righteous kill? is it worth buying?

does anyone know any good movie sites?

Watchmen turned out to be what I expected. Very pretty and imaginative but a little redundant and miscasted. It's hard to deal with the fact that it's very close in spirit to the GN but at the same time fails to convey all the nuances. Maybe it really was just too dense to be boiled down into something under three hours. Of course, it could have been terrible and it's not, very far from it, but it still pales in comparison with the GN.

On that note, I'd advise people to pick up the motion comic DVD. It's the closest anyone will ever come to bringing Watchmen to life and it runs twice as long as Snyder's movie.

I'm seeing that this weekend. I hope it's good. I think with movies based on comics and books that there's always something lost in the translation into film. Very rarely is a movie as good as the book. I think you go see the movie hoping for the best, expecting the worst, and just being happy that hopefully this will open up a new audience and bring attention to the written version.

New York Doll

25x5: The Continuing Adventures Of The Rolling Stones

OK, OK, so they're music documentaries..still :)

You ever see The Ramones one?

I had a Michael Mann marathon:

Thief - 8.5/10

Manhunter - 8.5/10

Heat - 9.5/10

The Insider - 9/10

Collateral - 9/10

Miami Vice - 6.5/10

also wathed heat and the insider in the past week, has anybody seen righteous kill? is it worth buying?

does anyone know any good movie sites?

Deep Discount and Amazon are good places to buy.

Youtube is the only legal place that I know of.

Edited by Spuffy78

has anybody seen righteous kill? is it worth buying?

Not really. Very mediocre and predictable.

Don't listen to him, the movie was epic and tells quite a story. I think you should rent it because it will show you that DeNiro and Pacino can act perfectly. People who say it's predictable is wrong.

I saw Watchmen today. It stays extremely true to the comic's and I would recommend it to anyone if you're a fan of the comic series. But if you don't like sitting through an almost 3 hour movie and aren't familiar with the story or the characters, I'm not sure you'd enjoy it that much.

Guest Apollo
Bully was pretty good.

I saw Eden Lake recently it was pretty good, it reminded me of Larry Clark movies.

Loved Bully - dont' understand why most people didn't.

Hated Into The Wild.

The guy wasn't a hero. He was a tool.

What he did in Alaska was reckless and dangerous and irresponsible.

There is a difference between going on an adventure or a spiritual journey and just being wreckless and stupid.

Rescue people DIE trying to save people like him.

Into The Wild is such a good movie. I've been seeing it around my store for a while now but never bothered renting it. Anyway, I did and am glad I did. Such an inspirational yet devastating movie.

i watched the first half of that movie and was so inspired i planned a backpacking trip for the following weekend.

Hated Into The Wild.

There is a difference between going on an adventure or a spiritual journey and just being wreckless and stupid.

saw the second half of that movie and wished i could have those few hours of my life back. what an awful story.

Bully was pretty good.

I saw Eden Lake recently it was pretty good, it reminded me of Larry Clark movies.

Loved Bully - dont' understand why most people didn't.

Hated Into The Wild.

What he did was both brave and recklessly stupid. I think the film conveys that nicely. :shrugs:

Edited by Angelica

Just got done watching Nightmare On Elm Street. I'd seen some of it before, but it's literally probably been about 8 years or so. I really enjoyed it, and I'll be honest, it's sort of hard for me to watch horror movies like that by myself, but this one wasn't too bad.

Only another 6 more to go! :lol: