Film Thread

ssiscool

The Doors - Didn't like this. I realise that it wasn't meant to be accurate, as Stone's biopics usually aren't but I felt it was just Morrison rampaging around drunk and stoned for the whole film. Had its moments but left me....I don't know, disappointed?

I really liked it, but it definatly is not accurate. The make it seem like he's like that all the time.

Kilmer was great at Morrision, but Stone (as usual) fucked up the movie. The guy has some enjoyable films (JFK anyone?) but he more often than not really ruins what otherwise could/should be a good to great film (Alexander anyone?).

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Doors - Didn't like this. I realise that it wasn't meant to be accurate, as Stone's biopics usually aren't but I felt it was just Morrison rampaging around drunk and stoned for the whole film. Had its moments but left me....I don't know, disappointed?

I really liked it, but it definatly is not accurate. The make it seem like he's like that all the time.

Kilmer was great at Morrision, but Stone (as usual) fucked up the movie. The guy has some enjoyable films (JFK anyone?) but he more often than not really ruins what otherwise could/should be a good to great film (Alexander anyone?).

Yeah Kilmer was great. I was shocked when I found out he was actually singing the songs. He sounds identical to Morrison.

Home of the Brave - meh, but more interesting than Stop-Loss.

The Secret Life of Bees - Decent, good acting, nice soundtrack. And Dakota Fanning is cute as fuck. And inb4 pedobear picture from some smartass - she's only two years younger than me.

Alexander is a mess, but it has some glorious moments. World Trade Center was insanely bad, easily his worst film (if you don't count The Hand). Any Given Sunday is kind of awful. But those aside, I adore everything he's done since Salvador and I was hugely relieved by how solid W. was.

The Wall - Fucking epic movie. One of the best movies ever made, I love Pink Floyd.

The album is fantastic, the film is weird. I watched Be Kind Rewind, Cloverfield, Rush Hour 2, Shawshank Redemption and The Craft over the weekend; all films have something good about them.

Be Kind Rewind - Jack Black being Jack Black

Cloverfield - Pure chaos

Rush Hour 2 - Probably my favourite of the trilogy

Shawshank Redemption - One of the best films ever made imo.

The Craft - Neve Campbell is pretty and withcraft is odd.

cupcake 2 (1990) - 1/10

Awful yet highly entertaining.

Diner (1982) - 8/10

Good script and some good perfomances (best one by Mickey Rourke, also Daniel Stern).

The Crazies (1973) - 3/10

Lots of shouting and bad acting. Romero could've achieve something with better resources because the story is interesting.

Babysitter Wanted (2008) - 6/10

A better director would turn this into a good movie. Instead it's just average.

The Little Mermaid (1989) - 8/10

Story a bit predictable but it has the Disney magic. Beautiful animation, unique characters and pretty good songs. Highly enjoyable.

The Wall - Fucking epic movie. One of the best movies ever made, I love Pink Floyd.

The album is fantastic, the film is weird. I watched Be Kind Rewind, Cloverfield, Rush Hour 2, Shawshank Redemption and The Craft over the weekend; all films have something good about them.

Be Kind Rewind - Jack Black being Jack Black

Cloverfield - Pure chaos

Rush Hour 2 - Probably my favourite of the trilogy

Shawshank Redemption - One of the best films ever made imo.

The Craft - Neve Campbell is pretty and withcraft is odd.

The thing is that The Wall is an "artistic" film and I think it was done perfectly. It should've been a candidate for best picture imo. I love the whole Comfortably Numb sequence and the Another Brick In The Wall Part III.

Alrighty, I watched a few movies over the weekend.

Burn After Reading. Not the best Coen Brothers film, but still pretty cool. Not really enough laughs to be a great comedy, and not really suspenseful enough to be a great thriller. Still a very clever film, though, and I was thoroughly entertained. Brad Pitt delivers the most laughs but also makes his character endearing enough so that you actually care about him. I'm not sure the rest of the cast really achieved that. Clooney... meh, I just don't get his appeal.

Children Of Men was great. The world they created for the film just seemed so believable and real. You can almost smell the smoke and feel the filth under your fingernails when you watch it. That long continuous action sequence when they're trying to get to the boat is just fucking great film making - don't know how they did it.

The Machinist. Bale gives a great performance, and looking at his emaciated body is just so unsettling. Ultimately the movie is pretty average, though. You're never sure what's really going on, and by the end of the film you're left wondering what scenes you just watched were actually real, which characters were real, and what actually took place.

Picked up

Looney Tunes - Golden Collection Vol 1

Hellraiser 20th edition

Night Of The Living Dead(Remake)

Return of The Living Dead 2.

ROTLD2 is by far the best -Dead movie. The night of the living dead remake is really good, too.

Have you seen the Night of the Living Dead 3D with Sid Hague?

I'm just getting into the Return movies.

I almost got 3 and 4 un-cut in a boxset but Amazon was out of stock.

I actually love The NOTLVD re-make Savini did a great job.

I actually have I actually bought it after I saw Sid in House of a Thousand Corpses.

I was kinda shocked that's all I picked up today. Usually Starstruck has better selection.

The only thing that stood out was Frankenhooker which I already have and a super special edition of The Mist.

Watched Be Kind Rewind today, i kind of enjoyed it in a very simple light hearted way, then i finally got round to Dark Knight and all i can say is it was ok, nothing really great with the notable exception of Heath Ledger, i never liked him as an actor but wow.

I thought Be Kind Rewind was funny, but only when they were re-making the movies. I could have done without the "saving the neighborhood" afterschool special.

I'm just getting into the Return movies.

I almost got 3 and 4 un-cut in a boxset but Amazon was out of stock.

I actually love The NOTLVD re-make Savini did a great job.

I actually have I actually bought it after I saw Sid in House of a Thousand Corpses.

I was kinda shocked that's all I picked up today. Usually Starstruck has better selection.

The only thing that stood out was Frankenhooker which I already have and a super special edition of The Mist.

rotld is a bit more whacky than the rest of them. Necropolis is pretty good. Rave to the Grave is ok (i can't remember the number that goes with the name)

How is the notld 3d? I haven't seen it. I want to, but then I'll see C.H.U.D. or something like that and get that instead.

Frankenhooker is great. Anything Hennenlotter does is. I'm sure you've seen Basketcase? If you haven't, make it your life's goal.

Has anyone heard anything new about the Alex Proyas The Unpleasant Profession of Jonathan Hoag adaptation? It just struck me that this time last year, rumours were going around, and I chose to remember this vague set of rumours in particular because the writer and director responsible for Dark City was my perfect choice to adapt it to screen, too. :heart: :heart:

Edited by nameless_girl

I've been thinking a lot about Synecdoche, New York since I watched it. In my opinion, it is a truly great film, and I recommend seeing it if you liked Kaufman's others. Let me stress though, you must pay attention. As I said before, it is a definite mindfuck and if you look away for a moment to grab your glass of milk, you'll be wondering, "What the fuck did I miss?".

After thinking about it a whole damn lot though, and reading up on it a bit, I now understand the movie a lot more than I did.

I'd end up giving it 9/10. :)

I've been thinking a lot about Synecdoche, New York since I watched it. In my opinion, it is a truly great film, and I recommend seeing it if you liked Kaufman's others. Let me stress though, you must pay attention. As I said before, it is a definite mindfuck and if you look away for a moment to grab your glass of milk, you'll be wondering, "What the fuck did I miss?".

After thinking about it a whole damn lot though, and reading up on it a bit, I now understand the movie a lot more than I did.

I'd end up giving it 9/10. :)

the more you mindfuck the more i wanna watch it :lol: