Film Thread

ssiscool

Anybody ever seen "Another Day In Paradise"? I just caught it for the first time.

Larry Clark sure makes some heavy films.

That's the only one I haven't seen by him. I can't find it on torrent sites and it's nowhere to be found on online DVD shops in Norway, let alone regular DVD stores. Feel free to hook me up if any of you know a decent torrent of it. :) Larry Clark is one of my favourite directors - every single one of his films are, in their own way, beautiful.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody ever seen "Another Day In Paradise"? I just caught it for the first time.

That's the only one I haven't seen by him. I can't find it on torrent sites and it's nowhere to be found on online DVD shops in Norway, let alone regular DVD stores. Feel free to hook me up if any of you know a decent torrent of it. :) Larry Clark is one of my favourite directors - every single one of his films are, in their own way, beautiful.

we're the only two people who think that, you know that dont you? :lol:

@Spuffy: Which Ramones one? i got Ramones Raw, i got End Of The Century, i got Its Alive, i got this one i taped offa VH1 :lol: i got Hey, Is Dee Dee Home?

It's a shame, Larry always gets shit for his shirtless boys. :lol:

Hated Into The Wild.

The guy wasn't a hero. He was a tool.

What he did in Alaska was reckless and dangerous and irresponsible.

There is a difference between going on an adventure or a spiritual journey and just being wreckless and stupid.

Rescue people DIE trying to save people like him.

What he did was both brave and wrecklessly stupid. I think the film conveys that nicely. :shrugs:

i agree with this. i bought the vinyl.. just to keep. I like sean penn (director) , and eddie veder did a great job on the soundtrack. It's one of those quirky films that a lot of people don't get.

Watched Eternal Sunshine for the first time last night. I liked it alot ,even if the Kirsten Dunst sidestory was somehow incredibly contrived and bizarre at the same time.

Kate Winslet was wicked. She generally is a a lady too.

Just got done watching Nightmare On Elm Street. I'd seen some of it before, but it's literally probably been about 8 years or so. I really enjoyed it, and I'll be honest, it's sort of hard for me to watch horror movies like that by myself, but this one wasn't too bad.

Only another 6 more to go! :lol:

2-Is decent

3-Is Great

4-Is okay

5 and 6 are awful

New Nightmare is amazing.

@Spuffy: Which Ramones one? i got Ramones Raw, i got End Of The Century, i got Its Alive, i got this one i taped offa VH1 :lol: i got Hey, Is Dee Dee Home?

Raw. I remember seeing that on IFC I think last year and thought it was amazing.

Just got done watching Nightmare On Elm Street. I'd seen some of it before, but it's literally probably been about 8 years or so. I really enjoyed it, and I'll be honest, it's sort of hard for me to watch horror movies like that by myself, but this one wasn't too bad.

Only another 6 more to go! :lol:

2-Is decent

3-Is Great

4-Is okay

5 and 6 are awful

New Nightmare is amazing.

Raw. I remember seeing that on IFC I think last year and thought it was amazing.

Watch End Of The Century i beg you, its fucking amazing and insightful and essential.

On Topic: Watched Born To Lose: The Last Great Rock n Roll Movie...

Of all the rock n roll movies i've seen, this is the only one that is 100% perfect and sums it all up and just...its harrowing, its gritty its...its just fucking everything. The best Rock Doc i've ever seen and i've seen scores...this is it for me, i might even stop watching Rock Doc's cuz i dont think they'll ever measure up to this.

Saw Watchmen.

Was pretty good. It presented the novel as a literal adaptation: The story was almost entirely intact. It lacked, however, most of the symbolism and parallels, which is what makes the novel great.

I wasn't aware it's such a rare film, rented mine from a mom and pop video store in my town.

But if you like Larry Clark you would dig this film, it's actually pretty mainstream for his style.

Saw Watchmen.

Was pretty good. It presented the novel as a literal adaptation: The story was almost entirely intact. It lacked, however, most of the symbolism and parallels, which is what makes the novel great.

Pretty much. I thought it was great. The sex scenes were nice too. Milan Akerman :wub: And for the record and what it's worth, I think she looks better with black hair.

I have to agree that Watchmen the movie has a very bizarre way to it that can only be attributed to the influence of Zach Snyder.

It was much more cartoon-y and tongue in cheek, but at the same time it was more violent and brutal. Plus, the strange soundtrack choices really highlighted the absurdity of what was going on. Stylistically, I can see how the film would be weird in that regard.

I didn't get the ending to Doubt.

The only way it would be interesting is if she was just homophobic/insane and kicked him out because of that.

To change the whole movie at the end to she just has doubts about god was like, really that's a surprise?

She manipulated him to get the truth. Big deal. That wasn't the twist I was looking for. If he was just trying to help the kid, and she had the problem really, that would have been the best. Turning the whole thing around.

I'm blaming Harvey Scissorhands for this one.

Like with Priest and Dogma there was some interesting parts.

Harvey has gone Disney!

The only way it would be interesting is if she was just homophobic/insane and kicked him out because of that.

To change the whole movie at the end to she just has doubts about god was like, really that's a surprise?

She manipulated him to get the truth. Big deal. That wasn't the twist I was looking for. If he was just trying to help the kid, and she had the problem really, that would have been the best. Turning the whole thing around.

Harvey has gone Disney!

It was more the break in character that got to me, had nada to do with the plot.

Harvey has gone Disney!

:blink: It's entirely possible that is what happened. Hence the title. No truths are gotten too, we don't know whether he was guilty.

Edited by Angelica