Film Thread

ssiscool

Recently watched...

Midnight Meat Train (2008) - 6/10

Cannibal Holocaust (1980) - 6/10

12 Angry Men (1957) - 10/10

Leaving Las Vegas (1995) - 9/10

Also, The Thing doesn't have cheesy special effects. They're not only superb, they are actually a lot better than the CGI crap being made today.

Edited by Stranger

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-Watched:

Captain of the Clouds (James Cagney)

Cagney plays a bush pilot, a wise ass who enlists with a bunch of buddys, pretty much war propaganda but a lot else besides, a lot of cinematic substance. In technicolorrrrrrr too. Never seen it in color before. Great Movie.

The Bride Came C.O.D. (James Cagney, Bette Davis)

Bette Davis plays an oil millionaires daughter that wants to marry this singer dude that her old man aint too hot on. Cagney plays a down on his luck pilot whoose gonna get his plane repossessed if he dont come up with $1100 so Cagney cuts a deal with Bette Davis's old man to deliver her to him in Amarillo for $1100 cuz Bette and her fiancee have hired Cagney to fly them to Vegas so they can get married. So Cagney nabs her, gets her on the plane, they crash in this desert and...oh the whole things just nuts, hilarity ensues basically :D

Edited by dirtylenny

No, I like to pretend the 2nd doesn't exist like Rocky 4. <_<:lol:

2 isn't bad and it's not the fact of the the extreme homosexual under-tone it's the movie itself which is not a strong point in the series imo.

Oh, and fair warning with #4 Freddy get's a sense of humor.

Edited by Spuffy78

1) Easily confused.

2) I remember watching it as a kid since I rented the entire series from Block Buster when I was 12 and was so confused by that scene.

3) Sadly they don't get better. His best one liner is "I said where's the fucking bourbon"

2. The only thing I've really been confused by so far from the movies has been the ending of the first one...

3. As long as there are plenty of them, I'm fine with them being as dry as that.

I'll definitely be buying all of the films when I finish watching them on my PS3. Same will probably go for the Friday The 13th movies.

2) How so exactly? Ironically enough they couldn't decide on the ending that's why there's 3 endings.

3) There's plenty more the series basically gets ultra-silly after 4. Then gets it's ball's back in 7.

Oh, and buy the boxsets for both series they're much cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Nightmare-Elm-Street...3312&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Friday-13th-Crystal-...3335&sr=1-4

Edited by Spuffy78

3. Well, Nancy basically tells Freddy off and what not that she wants her mother and friends back. Then it goes on to the next scene of her and her mother coming out of the house as if nothing happened. She gets in the car with her pals, and the top slams down (with Freddy's colors) and it locks up, not letting them out. Then speeds off and Marge just waves goodbye. Freddy then smashes through the small door window and rips the obviously fake doll through the window. (:lol:)

4. Yeah, I can't wait to see 7. What don't you like about 5 and 6?

I was planning on the box sets as well.

Another side note: Should I check out the Chucky series?

3) Freddy works as a entity. Even though Nancy didn't believe in Freddy anymore her mother still could. It's assumed that Nancy's mother has a dream and pictures Nancy being happy with her friends. Freddy being able to askew and work his way in the dream world he was able to control the car and attack Nancy's mother. Basically because Nancy's mother was apart of killing Freddy when he was The Spring Wood Slasher he was able to make another dream kill.

4) 5 and 6 for me dialogue aside the character's and story isn't as interesting. 5 is interesting at first but then it just goes to shit. The character's aren't as interesting or unique mainly like they were in 1 and 3. Despite 3 and 1 having the stereotypical 'tough guy'. As for 6 the story just ran out of original ideas and The Bastard Child of a Thousand Demons is re-duced to a comical character. Not even Alice Cooper's cameo can save it. The one good thing they did was looking slightly on his back story before he was burned problem is they Zombieweend his childhood but made him to be a normal loving father and husband.

If you like Freddy you'll love Chucky. The only bad entry is Seed Of Chucky.

Oh, and if you take the box set route The Killer Chucky Collection only has Child's Play 2-Seed Of Chucky. So you'll have to buy Child's Play separately and you're better off getting the 20th anniversary edition.

:(

RIP Ron Silver

ron_silver_skin.jpg

Anybody who's seen Blue Steel can tell you that Jamie Lee Curtis never had a bigger fan.

There go my hopes of Ron and Pacino ever playing brothers in a film.

He does look like a double from "Carlitos Way". Not sure who he actually is, but sympathies to his nearest and dearest.