Film Thread

ssiscool

Guest Len B'stard

I saw Rum Diary too, think it was the weekend before last, i thought it was fantastic though. I'd be interested to know how it was shot, it had a really pastelly look to it. It's all digital bollocks these days i'm sure. Thought it was great though, wonderful to see an understated movie for once. The bloke who played Moberg and the girl who played Chenault stole the show though and that takes some doing in the eyes of a Johnny Depp fan such as myself, its a total flop apparently but as the man himself said it'll stand the test of time. All of Johnnys good films weren't exactly huge hits though, Ed Wood, Fear and Loathing, Benny and Joon, Crybaby, The Brave...you know a Johnny Depp movie is gonna be good if it flops.

The Brave is the best film of his i think i've ever seen.

Edited by sugaraylen

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched:

Bullet - Mickey Rourke, Tupac

Every Which Way But Loose - Clint Eastwood, Ruth Gordon Geofrey Lewis, a young Beverly D'Angelo, before Al Pacino crushed her spirit AND a big fuckin ape :)

You ever see Homeboy with Rourke and Walken?

Great movie, great score, I should give the DVD another spin soon!

For some reason I felt the need to buy the new "Conan the barbarian".... what a fuckin mess. What were they thinking? There was potential in this, but what a shit storm

Just by the looks of the previews, I didnt want to see it. They couldnt touch Arnold s work!

For some reason I felt the need to buy the new "Conan the barbarian".... what a fuckin mess. What were they thinking? There was potential in this, but what a shit storm

Just by the looks of the previews, I didnt want to see it. They couldnt touch Arnold s work!

Be glad you hadent. I was expecting some awesome mindless violence. It failed.

I think after work I'm gonna buy some old school action movies. Rambo, die hard, etc

Yes! You could never go wrong with Rambo.

Nor can you with Die Hard, perhaps my favorite action series to go through over the holidays because of the snow and Christmas setting, for the first couple anyways.

They've officially announced filming on Die Hard 5 to begin in January with the release not until February 2013. The title? Even worse than Live Free or Die Hard...

A Good Day to Die Hard. Yes, that's it. Why not Die Hard 5? :(

I think after work I'm gonna buy some old school action movies. Rambo, die hard, etc

Yes! You could never go wrong with Rambo.

Nor can you with Die Hard, perhaps my favorite action series to go through over the holidays because of the snow and Christmas setting, for the first couple anyways.

They've officially announced filming on Die Hard 5 to begin in January with the release not until February 2013. The title? Even worse than Live Free or Die Hard...

A Good Day to Die Hard. Yes, that's it. Why not Die Hard 5? :(

I thought 'live free or die hard' was actually a good title. 5's title Sounds a little corny. But is RRambo 5 still gonna be made? I know at one point there was talks of him fighting people made like universal solider. But got rid of it, which is good. That just sounds plain retarded.

Also, the lethal weapon franchise was good too.