Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ides of March. It's level of cynicism was inspiring.

Terrific dialogue and performances, sadly and infuriatingly in service of a stupid, obvious, completely predictable story. <_<

Two out of three ain't bad. It's really been a terrible year for movies. Have you seen Melancholia? I was going to wait till it came out here, but I think I'm just going to go ahead and download it now.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is fantastic, wasted. Hope you like it whenever you see it. I can't wait to see it again.

I told you so (at least I think it was you). Lol, ur avatar!

I don't know, I had faith in the movie ever since I knew Franco was in it, and especially when I heard Lithgow was in it. Definitely one of my favorites of the year.

And Nic Cage :wub:

What does everybody think of Milla Jovovich?

After noticing that she is in tons of recent movies, I looked her up on IMDB and she is in 12 movies from 2009 through 2012. Including four movies in 2011.

I'm not a huge fan, or a hater.....just thought it was interesting she is in 4 movies in one year and 12 movies in four years.

She isn't the typical hollywood busty starlett, seems like an average actor, but she is working like crazy.

In the spirit of Halloween, I watched Noroi: The Curse the other night, great slow burn build. And the ending is nuts.

I've seen many scary films and as a result I'm almost never freaked out or scared by films anymore. Would this do the trick?

In the spirit of Halloween, I watched Noroi: The Curse the other night, great slow burn build. And the ending is nuts.

I've seen many scary films and as a result I'm almost never freaked out or scared by films anymore. Would this do the trick?

I don't know, everybody reacts differently, this one is Japanese so there's no big budget CG or crazy sudden (cheap shock) scares in it. It's more about the story, and the way the curse gets people that makes it work. it's set in that hand-held camera type POV style.

I don't know, everybody reacts differently, this one is Japanese so there's no big budget CG or crazy sudden (cheap shock) scares in it. It's more about the story, and the way the curse gets people that makes it work. it's set in that hand-held camera type POV style.

Well yeah, those I see coming from miles away. I'll check it out.

Just watched Melancholia. Easily the best movie I've seen all year. I'd compare it to a mix of Rachel Getting Married and Black Swan. I thought it perfectly captured what existential depression is like.

I have it on my hard drive, I wanna watch it some time this week. The premise seems a bit strange?

Anything recent (up to a year or so old, maybe older) worth watching? Nothing at my local cinema looks anything more than marginally interesting (although you guys do seem to like Ides of March, so I might look into that). I still haven't seen Tinker Taylor... and I want to, but I'll probably just wait till a dvdrip comes out.