Film Thread

ssiscool

Anyone seen 'Oldboy'?

Best film I've seen in a while.

Yes! Loved that movie! Great twists and very good suspense. Did you see the other two that are somewhat like it by the same director? Also good...

Also, Hollywood now has the rights to do an Americanized version of "oldboy".

Edited by zeppelinrocksnexttognr

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive is fucking fantastic.

I thought it was underwhelming. What did you like so much about it?

Saw Moneyball last night. It was a workmanlike effort. I seriously don't think I've seen a movie that I really enjoyed, all year. Just bring on the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo!

As a baseball fan, I loved moneyball. I don't know why people dislike brad pitt. He nailed this part. Just like he did in Snatch. The guy seems to have a lot of fun acting.

Contagion. I liked the first half. Then it got a little predictable. And the ending was a let down. But it was entertaining and better than the average summer movie.

Straw Dogs. Until the end, I was giving it an A. James Woods is awesome in it. The creepy ex boyfriend and his crew are great. The worst role is the leading man, main character. The movie sets up a great erie backwoods town feeling perfectly.

But then the ending is just ridiculous.

And the last movie I saw this week .....skip it. Don't waste your money. Apollo 18. Stupid. Bad.

Saw Moneyball last night. It was a workmanlike effort. I seriously don't think I've seen a movie that I really enjoyed, all year. Just bring on the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo!

Re Drive, pretty much everything. The purposely self-conscious tone, the soundtrack, Gosling, the use of LA, the soundtrack, Brooks and Pearlman, the 70s influence, the soundtrack etc.

I think Moneyball has a fine script and fine performances, but the direction is merely serviceable. The godamn seven minute (or close enough) trailer for Dragn Tattoo played when I saw Moneyball, sure it looks better than the Swedish version (though the Swedish version is good), but I still have no fucking idea why Fincher's remaking a two year old film. :shrugs:

Edited by Angelica

Re Drive, pretty much everything. The purposely self-conscious tone, the soundtrack, Gosling, the use of LA, the soundtrack, Brooks and Pearlman, the 70s influence, the soundtrack etc.

I think Moneyball has a fine script and fine performances, but the direction is merely serviceable. The godamn seven minute (or close enough) trailer for Dragn Tattoo played when I saw Moneyball, sure it looks better than the Swedish version (though the Swedish version is good), but I still have no fucking idea why Fincher's remaking a two year old film. :shrugs:

I enjoyed the ambiance of Drive, although I couldn't help but think that the movie would have been so much better with another director behind it. I found myself wishing that it was a David Lynch and Michael Mann collaboration.

Isn't Fincher remaking 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea next? Zodiac is his masterpiece; don't see him ever topping it.

Watched the Kings of Leon documentary tonight. It's definitely worth a download. Their family is pretty much all Pentecostal Southern white trash. The mom is especially crazy, with her nonsense about the boys all talking in tongues as children.

Edited by ITW 2012