Film Thread

ssiscool

Not really. Would rather have a new, original Fincher film instead of a remake.

It's not so much a remake as it is a different adaptation of a of the same source material. Charlie and the chocolate factory was not a remake of willy wonka and the chocolate factory either, for example. Being how they are both based off books, rather than original films, neither can be considered a remake, really, especially when both are specifically said to be adaptations of books rather than previous films.

With that being said, I'm super excited for the film.

and with that being said....mmmm, rooney mara.

Edited by Stiff Competition

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not so much a remake as it is a different adaptation of a of the same source material. Charlie and the chocolate factory was not a remake of willy wonka and the chocolate factory either, for example. Being how they are both based off books, rather than original films, neither can be considered a remake, really, especially when both are specifically said to be adaptations of books rather than previous films.

OK, you've got a good point. But I'm still not excited about the film. I can't help it. :shrugs:

Recently watched

Scream 4 - Enjoyful, a turn your brain off movie.

Eagle Eye - Trying to be too complicated and OTT for the sake of it, the story makes no sense whatsoever.

Cop Out - Don't understand why this got awful reviews? I actually found it funnier than The Other Guys.

Cedar Rapids - for a film I'd never heard of, I don't know why this didn't get a theatrical release (at least in the UK). Very funny. C. Reilly steals the show.

The Number 23 - Seen it before, this was a rewatch, didn't enjoy it as much the second time round. Joel Schumacher is one of my favourite directors. Stellar performance by Carrey, just lacking in a well rounded story.

Grown Ups - Again, don't know why this got negative reviews, Sandler's recent output has been pretty shitty, but I actually laughed alot during this one, I really believed the chemistry between the guys.

OK, you've got a good point. But I'm still not excited about the film. I can't help it. :shrugs:

I saw the trailer for this film before paranormal activity 3 and i swear it showed the entire damn movie...i'm exaggerating of course but i've seen the original film and i was like FUCK keep it to a minimum

Recently watched

Scream 4 - Enjoyful, a turn your brain off movie.

Eagle Eye - Trying to be too complicated and OTT for the sake of it, the story makes no sense whatsoever.

Cop Out - Don't understand why this got awful reviews? I actually found it funnier than The Other Guys.

Cedar Rapids - for a film I'd never heard of, I don't know why this didn't get a theatrical release (at least in the UK). Very funny. C. Reilly steals the show.

The Number 23 - Seen it before, this was a rewatch, didn't enjoy it as much the second time round. Joel Schumacher is one of my favourite directors. Stellar performance by Carrey, just lacking in a well rounded story.

Grown Ups - Again, don't know why this got negative reviews, Sandler's recent output has been pretty shitty, but I actually laughed alot during this one, I really believed the chemistry between the guys.

I agree about Grown Ups and Cop Out (And The Other Guys) All were solid comedies, nothing spectacular but they don't have to be. Some of the moments in The Other Guys and Cop Out were awesome.

Also I thought The Number 23 was awful. In my top 10 worst movies.

I enjoyed the trilogy with Noomi, and hopefully they find a way to have her do a cameo in the last one. Only reason she didn't do it is because she didn't want to go through it all over again, but I can see Fincher doing something uncredited with her...like Lisbeth accidentally hitting into her in the subway. She sounds like she's fine with the movie being made, it's on her home turf, so I can see it happening.

But the only thing going against it is that most people just watched the trilogy on DVD. The "Americanized yet still Swedish" version will be bigger budget, more graphic and better car chases, and the music for the movie without a doubt will be Oscar worthy.

After stumbling upon a webpage that compiles a few critics' lists of best movies of the decade (2000-2009) I decided to watch Children of Men. Hair-raising to say the least. It didn't seem very good at first (first 1/3 or so), the exposition seemed rushed and the dialogue was pretty bad, but then it becomes pretty amazing. (The siege scene!) It's really brutal though, doesn't cushion the shock at all. It's worth watching but not if you wanna be in a cheerful disposition after finishing it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Len B'stard

watched:

Bullet - Mickey Rourke, Tupac

Every Which Way But Loose - Clint Eastwood, Ruth Gordon Geofrey Lewis, a young Beverly D'Angelo, before Al Pacino crushed her spirit AND a big fuckin ape :)

Guest Len B'stard

watched:

Bullet - Mickey Rourke, Tupac

Every Which Way But Loose - Clint Eastwood, Ruth Gordon Geofrey Lewis, a young Beverly D'Angelo, before Al Pacino crushed her spirit AND a big fuckin ape :)

You ever see Homeboy with Rourke and Walken?

Yup yup :):) And now you've mentioned it i feel like watching it now!