Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw The Beaver with Mel Gibson. Did anyone else see this?

Say what you will of Mel Gibson, almost all of it deserved, but damn he can still act. I thought his performance was excellent. Some of the story elements didnt seem to hold up but when mel was on camera he rocked it. Great underrated film worthy of a watch.

The Rum Diary. It wasn't great, but solid nonetheless. Giovanni Ribisi stole every scene he was in. If they had stayed closer to Hunter's book I think they could have pulled off something really special.

Hmm... I can't wait for that movie... Let's wait and see when this actually hits Germany. Loved the book.

Btw, Mickey Rourke finally got a star on the Walk of Fame. Tremendous speech, he delivered.

Edited by Spoon87

Don't remember the name.....but it stars Gosling and Dunst. Murder mystery based on a true story.

Boring, slow and predictable. Everybody loves Gosling, but he wasn't very good. Overacting by both the stars. Dunst goes topless, that's about it.

Skip it.

Adaptation

From Hell

Zodiac

Let the Right One In

Somewhere

Y Tu Mama Tambian

REC

Social Network

Are some recent watches

You've chosen wisely. Now do yourself a favor and track down [REC] 2, it's better than the original! :thumbsup:

Just watched Limitless tonight. It was pretty underwhelming.

Drive.

It's a remake of Lost Highway as an 80s movie starring a young Micvkey Rourke.

What? :xmassrudolph:

I know what I meant.

Weirdly, so do I... :mellow:

Angelo Badalamenti had something to do with it? it was also a bit like Heat. it's like a neo noir art house Fast and the Furious. with Gosling channeling Wild Orchid. All it needed was a Log Lady.