Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i watched heart of darkness yesterday. it's a documentary of the making of Apocalypse now. very interesting, however they didn't delve deep into some things such as Marlon Brando being a tool, and francais going crazy. also i'd have liked to seen some bits about what happened between filming and its release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWcNb_5kDzA

Made me watch apocalypse now again. great great movie

The documentaries that were with THX-1138,Godfather trilogy, American Graffiti, Star Wars, Apocalypse Now, and One From the Heart all tell a pretty cool story about Coppola's Zoetrope. There's also one called Fog City Mavericks, but I haven't watched it yet. But it's pretty cool Coppola, Lucas, DePalma, Scorsese, and Spielberg bounced ideas off each other and gave each other feedback through the years. Hearts of Darkness didn't cover Charlie Sheen running around the streets of the Philippineswith Laurence Fishburne during the filming.

Watched Insomnia tonight.

Pacino was pretty good, and somehow Robin Williams can pull off a perfect nutbag.

I enjoyed it, but I don't think enough to want to add it to my blu-ray shelf.

How many blu rays do u have? I would of had alot more, but sold them on ebay. Building it back up.

Pacino was pretty good, and somehow Robin Williams can pull off a perfect nutbag.

How many blu rays do u have? I would of had alot more, but sold them on ebay. Building it back up.

I'm up to 94 :)

I'll probably be passed 100 after next week :D

Killer Elite at the end some guy comes in says you're both being played by me? But Owen was on Stathams side for a bit.

Anyone seen Death and Life of Bobby Z.?

Yes. Atrocious film. You have been warned.

It's from a Don Winslow I was wondering. Stone is making Savages.

Killer Elite at the end some guy comes in says you're both being played by me? But Owen was on Stathams side for a bit.

Anyone seen Death and Life of Bobby Z.?

Yes. Atrocious film. You have been warned.

It's from a Don Winslow I was wondering. Stone is making Savages.

Kind of but Owen was at no point on Strathams side, more like a truce but set up for possible sequel.

I thought it was like an 80s action movie meets a 70s movie. I bad at following plots anyway so I was just analyzing moustaches. It was pretty gritty and complex so maybe if I watch again. Like Shoot em Up was better second time. I can see why Bob did this movie but it's for the Asian action market?

I'm up to 94 :)

I'll probably be passed 100 after next week :D

Pretty damn sweet! I just ordered the batman anthology (prt 1-4) on blu ray. 29.99 @bestbuy. I have them, but on regular dvd. I refuse to watch Batman and Robin though.