BUCKCHERRY: '15' Certified Platinum

JKKDARK

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=88708

ccording to the BUCKCHERRY fan site Lit-Up.net, BUCKCHERRY's most recent album, "15", was officially certified platinum today by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for shipments in excess of one million copies in the United States.

"15" has proven a triumph, spending more than 90 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart. The CD's first blockbuster hit single, "Crazy Bitch", earned the band a 2007 Grammy Awards nomination in the "Best Hard Rock Performance" category. In addition, "Crazy Bitch" recently celebrated a full year in the Nielsen Ringscan Top 30 — the only track to do so in the chart's history. "Crazy Bitch" has been certified as a Platinum Master Ringtone by the RIAA.

On November 20, the band released an MVI edition of "15", a PC/MAC-compatible DVD which features full album audio, downloadable files for every song, previously unreleased live tracks (including "Everything", "Next 2 You", and "Crazy Bitch"), videos, an exclusive photo gallery, complete lyrics, U-Myx (which allows fans to create their own custom remixes of "Crazy Bitch" and "Everything"), plus a variety of digital extras (such as ringtones, screen savers, buddy icons, and wallpapers). In addition, fans who register their "15" MVI can unlock future content as it becomes available.

BUCKCHERRY will be the featured musical guests on NBC-TV's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Thursday, January 24.

Congratulations Buckcherry, it's really good considering it's a Hard Rock group :)

Great news! If it weren't for the internet AND the fact that it was released in Japan 6 months before the states ( I have the import, bought it as soon as it was released, it has 2 songs not on the USA version) it would've been platinum a long time ago.

I'm glad they're finally getting the recognition they deserve. I hope the next album is as good as the other 3 have been.

They put on a great live show too. I've seen them on tour for every album they've put out, twice on the 15 tour.

Edited by tat2d1

There latest single has been getting a lot of rotation here on a local top 40 station. They play it over and over again along with Soulja Boy, Rhianna, and all of that crap.

I hate that!! I heard "Sorry" on my little sister's fave radio station last week (which plays nothing but the shit you mentioned above) and I got so pissed....I hear it everywhere now. Good for them I guess, but it kinda takes away from the song and their talent.

Anyway congrats BC!! Rock onnnnn...

I got that album the day it came out, definatley deserves platinum rock3

There latest single has been getting a lot of rotation here on a local top 40 station. They play it over and over again along with Soulja Boy, Rhianna, and all of that crap.

I hate that!! I heard "Sorry" on my little sister's fave radio station last week (which plays nothing but the shit you mentioned above) and I got so pissed....I hear it everywhere now. Good for them I guess, but it kinda takes away from the song and their talent.

Why? Because now you don't feel like a rebel for listening to Buckcherry because they are on the radio with all the other "conformists"?

Shit album really. Their first album and Time Bomb were much much better.

I didnt mind buckcherry until this album thought they were OK and hand something....now I think they are a genuinely good rock band and I enjoy this album. Took me ages to get past the amazingly cheesy lyrics, but i really like the music. The guitars are good, complementing each other, the other albums that doesn't seem to happen.

The lyrics are still super cheesey hahhaaa..

Brooklyn is also a great track.

Gotta run, at work.

:rofl-lol: funniest post I've seen for some while

EDIT:Sorry has risen to nr. 27 in the Hot 100 charts

Edited by krissirge

TIME BOMB is their best album by FAR

It has the bulk of their better songs but was the album that put them in the grave first time around. Strange.

i think time bomb was a tad too dirty, which then = less marketable. But i LOVE that album, with lyrics like "whiskey in the morning cant stop drinking gonna die," you cant go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...