whats your favorite gnr stuff

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently purchased one of the Top Hat Collection Box sets. When it finally arrived the seller had thrown in a heap of extra stuff for me including these backstages passes - SCORE!!

I was also curious about the one that says "International Fan Club Member" - this might have been discussed before but does anybody know any more about this and what else you got for being a member. Is this the "Conspiracy Inc" fanclub?

212ieyw.jpg

2cdcv8k.jpg

I might have to start collecting backstage passes now since these gave me a good boost to my collection which previously only consisted of the ones below (the Farm Aid and the Rolling Stones Steel Wheels tour one which GNR opened for the 4 MSG shows are pretty rare):

2gulg1i.jpg

I recently purchased one of the Top Hat Collection Box sets. When it finally arrived the seller had thrown in a heap of extra stuff for me including these backstages passes - SCORE!!

I was also curious about the one that says "International Fan Club Member" - this might have been discussed before but does anybody know any more about this and what else you got for being a member. Is this the "Conspiracy Inc" fanclub?

212ieyw.jpg

2cdcv8k.jpg

I might have to start collecting backstage passes now since these gave me a good boost to my collection which previously only consisted of the ones below (the Farm Aid and the Rolling Stones Steel Wheels tour one which GNR opened for the 4 MSG shows are pretty rare):

2gulg1i.jpg

That's about $150 of free passes awesome :thumbsup:

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

th_DSC01015.jpg

One of these things is not like the others,

One of these things just doesn't belong!..

Nothing real special, signed or rare really!, but these are a few of my Gn'R things I could spot around the house atm! click to enlarge...

Is this 20LTD Live in Argentina 1992?

I would like to have one. Really nice!

Yes, it is. and you've got enough already! :D

But, here's a better look for you anyway!.. :P

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

Oh, and williambailey01, that sure is a great bonus to have got, nice work!...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've only just learned of this site and am thoroughly enjoying it so far. I've been a GN'R fan for many years now and have been collecting for donkies years - probably about 16 years or so!!!! Man, that's a long time! Anyway, I've attached a link to some of my collection. I reckon I've pretty much completed my collection of all official Geffen/Uzi Suicide releases however now that I know about this site, I may be corrected!! I've had shed loads of t-shirts over the years, magazines, books, posters, records, cd's etc etc etc - so much stuff, most of which is up in the attic somewhere. However, I recently dusted down my record collection in admiration.

You may see a few recognisable records from the pics.......and hopefully a few rare ones you haven't. I have Live @ Like a Suidice, original 12" vinyl - bought it years and years ago. I'm here in Dublin, Ireland and had the privilage of meeting Slash, Duff, Matt and co when Velvet Revolver were playing here a couple of years back. I got the record sleeve signed, along with a AFD sleeve also - see pics! They were impressed when they saw me bring them over as most of the fans were VR fans! We had a bit of banter which was great - and it was really sweet to meet my childhood idols!! Slash asked me what I'd do if he ate the Live @ album cover!!! I told him I'd probably have to take him down!! It was gas!!!

Anyway, here's a link - all feedback most weclome. Nice to come to a forum of like-minded GN'R fans so I look forward to more involvement

P.S. I recently bought a "My Michelle" 7" vinyl single - I wasn't really thinking to be honest but I reckon it's some sort of fake.

Any feedback in this regard would be great. As above, I have a huge amount of bootleg stuff but really prefer the authentic gear - I don't

think this is.......anyone?? It's the 3rd and 4th picture in.

P.S.S - just back in to edit - forgot to mention, I was a bit of an artist in my day! I painted, on my wall, a picture I once saw on a Kerrang magazine cover (I think I might have seen that mag a few posts ago) - I think I was 15 when I drew and painted it on my bedroom wall - I have that piece of "wall" hanging in my spare room in my own house now - quite proud of that..............but at the time, was sad with the Slash/Axl feuding!!!! - it's the 4th from last picture on the link below)

Cheers everyone,

Al

http://picasaweb.google.com/shabbyalonso/GNR#

Edited by shabbyalonso

Hi guys,

I've only just learned of this site and am thoroughly enjoying it so far. I've been a GN'R fan for many years now and have been collecting for donkies years - probably about 16 years or so!!!! Man, that's a long time! Anyway, I've attached a link to some of my collection. I reckon I've pretty much completed my collection of all official Geffen/Uzi Suicide releases however now that I know about this site, I may be corrected!! I've had shed loads of t-shirts over the years, magazines, books, posters, records, cd's etc etc etc - so much stuff, most of which is up in the attic somewhere. However, I recently dusted down my record collection in admiration.

You may see a few recognisable records from the pics.......and hopefully a few rare ones you haven't. I have Live @ Like a Suidice, original 12" vinyl - bought it years and years ago. I'm here in Dublin, Ireland and had the privilage of meeting Slash, Duff, Matt and co when Velvet Revolver were playing here a couple of years back. I got the record sleeve signed, along with a AFD sleeve also - see pics! They were impressed when they saw me bring them over as most of the fans were VR fans! We had a bit of banter which was great - and it was really sweet to meet my childhood idols!! Slash asked me what I'd do if he ate the Live @ album cover!!! I told him I'd probably have to take him down!! It was gas!!!

Anyway, here's a link - all feedback most weclome. Nice to come to a forum of like-minded GN'R fans so I look forward to more involvement

P.S. I recently bought a "My Michelle" 7" vinyl single - I wasn't really thinking to be honest but I reckon it's some sort of fake.

Any feedback in this regard would be great. As above, I have a huge amount of bootleg stuff but really prefer the authentic gear - I don't

P.S.S - just back in to edit - forgot to mention, I was a bit of an artist in my day! I painted, on my wall, a picture I once saw on a Kerrang magazine cover (I think I might have seen that mag a few posts ago) - I think I was 15 when I drew and painted it on my bedroom wall - I have that piece of "wall" hanging in my spare room in my own house now - quite proud of that..............but at the time, was sad with the Slash/Axl feuding!!!! - it's the 4th from last picture on the link below)

Cheers everyone,

Al

Sweet collection! Get the other stuff down from the attic and photograph that too :P

What is that AFD thing in the 7th photo. Is it just the 7" resting against something or is it actually something that folds out like that?

Re. the My Michelle, I have a copy of that and have always suspected it was a bootleg but have never been able to confirm it. I've seen other collectors in the past that have classified it as a boot. The white sticker with green writing on the vinyl label looks bootleg to me moreso than the sleeve - which also looks a bit suspect. Plus My Michelle was never released as a single so why would there be one promo vinyl 7" for it released only in Sweden???

Edited by williambailey01

Hi guys,

Cheers everyone,

Al

Sweet collection! Get the other stuff down from the attic and photograph that too :P

What is that AFD thing in the 7th photo. Is it just the 7" resting against something or is it actually something that folds out like that?

Re. the My Michelle, I have a copy of that and have always suspected it was a bootleg but have never been able to confirm it. I've seen other collectors in the past that have classified it as a boot. The white sticker with green writing on the vinyl label looks bootleg to me moreso than the sleeve - which also looks a bit suspect. Plus My Michelle was never released as a single so why would there be one promo vinyl 7" for it released only in Sweden???

My Michelle is boot for sure, but as always, that don't mean that it ain't cool to own! That thing in the 7th pic is the Paradise City Japan 3" cd. Compare to the pic on my site:

http://www.troccolitm.com/cd3parajap.html?1166939775484

My Michelle is boot for sure, but as always, that don't mean that it ain't cool to own! That thing in the 7th pic is the Paradise City Japan 3" cd. Compare to the pic on my site:

http://www.troccolitm.com/cd3parajap.html?1166939775484

Ahh nice spot - I didn't recognise it as the 3" snap pack since it has been "snapped".

Ahh nice spot - I didn't recognise it as the 3" snap pack since it has been "snapped".

Thanks a mill guys - yea, 3" cd snap pack......and snapped! It was like that when I bought it. The others I have are mint and haven't been snapped.

I thought that "My Michelle" was a bootleg alright - it's not the worst effort I've seen but there are some tell-tale signs there; not to worry!

As you say williambailey, My Michelle wasn't released officially so that confirms it.

I'll see what I can fish out of the attic and get some more pics up soon!

Thanks again folks

Hi guys, took a few more snaps - see link. Some repeat themselves, sorry about that! I've more stuff I need to fish out of the attic - all in good time but this is part of my overall collections.

I've shed loads of magazines (all in dust covers) like Kerrang, Q, RAW etc etc - all from about 1990, that had anything to do with GN'R in 'em! T-shirts (not sure where they are!), posters to beat the band (as they say!), tapes and much more. Anyway, I'll get on the case and update when I've more! Cheers, Al

Hi guys, took a few more snaps - see link. Some repeat themselves, sorry about that! I've more stuff I need to fish out of the attic - all in good time but this is part of my overall collections.

I've shed loads of magazines (all in dust covers) like Kerrang, Q, RAW etc etc - all from about 1990, that had anything to do with GN'R in 'em! T-shirts (not sure where they are!), posters to beat the band (as they say!), tapes and much more. Anyway, I'll get on the case and update when I've more! Cheers, Al

cool photo's shabby

LLAS promo disc!?! - I am green with envy! :krider:

Any chances of posting clearer pics of the Aint It Fun promo cd with MCA promo sticker? Also, if you could post clearer pics of that UYI2 double cassette thing you have that would be awesome!

Bear in Mind I live in Australia & have limited access to stuff:

#1 - my GNR Pinball Machine

#2 - my Use Your Illusion II Vinyl signed by Slash, Matt & Duff

#3 - my 1993 Australian Tour flyer

#4 - my Axl & Slash painting done for me by a local artist

#5 - my Appetite banned LP cover

Any chances of posting clearer pics of the Aint It Fun promo cd with MCA promo sticker? Also, if you could post clearer pics of that UYI2 double cassette thing you have that would be awesome!

Thanks guys..........Troccoli, I'll get some better pics up asap. Sorry, I don't think I'll qualify as a professional photographer after that last batch! I'll get some better ones taken however.

The UYI2 double cassette set up is one I had not seen before. I can't quite remember the counrty of origin but it's a genuine artical after very close scrutiny by me after purchasing. It's pretty cool. Only down side is that that cardboard cover had a strip of selotape on it but nothing too intrusive.

I'll be back soon with some updated pics :D

Few more pics added guys - the "Ain't it Fun" promo - it's stamped dated 8th Nov 1993 - couldn't quite get it focused in the pic. Put up two other singles - red and black towards the end of the snaps.

williambailey - as for the LLAS disc - I don't think it's legit......actually scrub that, it's not - I got it on e-bay and to be honest, I wasn't really thinking straight!! It was a few years ago, I saw it and said "I must have that". After I purchased (it wasn't cheap either!!) I thought "come on, were CD's even out when Live was released in the 80's. Anyway, I don't know really too much about this CD's background - it's stamped from 2001 therefore needless to say, not released any time near the release date of Live.

If anyone can shine any light, great. If not, I reckon I just got caught up and stuffed on this one!!! Ah well, what can ya do!

Lastly - in relation to GN'R Lies - change of cover on this LP - "Ladies, welcome to the dark ages" changed to "Elephant gives birth to midget" among other changes. Was this due to country of issue or that fact that "Ladies, welcome......" and some other subtitles on the cover were banned?

Thanks a mill

Is that legit though?

Agreed, but still awesome! By the way, check out the track length. Is that the Live Era version of Move to the City on that???

Few more pics added guys - the "Ain't it Fun" promo - it's stamped dated 8th Nov 1993 - couldn't quite get it focused in the pic. Put up two other singles - red and black towards the end of the snaps.

williambailey - as for the LLAS disc - I don't think it's legit......actually scrub that, it's not - I got it on e-bay and to be honest, I wasn't really thinking straight!! It was a few years ago, I saw it and said "I must have that". After I purchased (it wasn't cheap either!!) I thought "come on, were CD's even out when Live was released in the 80's. Anyway, I don't know really too much about this CD's background - it's stamped from 2001 therefore needless to say, not released any time near the release date of Live.

If anyone can shine any light, great. If not, I reckon I just got caught up and stuffed on this one!!! Ah well, what can ya do!

Lastly - in relation to GN'R Lies - change of cover on this LP - "Ladies, welcome to the dark ages" changed to "Elephant gives birth to midget" among other changes. Was this due to country of issue or that fact that "Ladies, welcome......" and some other subtitles on the cover were banned?

Thanks a mill

Thanks for the new pics. However, regarding the double UYI2 tape: Where is it made? What songs are on each side of each cassette? Thanks

As for the Lies record, the changes were due to censorship regardless of country.

Edited by troccoli

Thanks a mill

Re the Lies thing I think it was probably due to the controversy of the cover. Here is some other discussion about the Lies cover in another thread:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=147560&st=0&p=2403746&hl=lies%20wife%20beating&fromsearch=1entry2403746

Hi again guys,

Managed to fish some more stuff outta the attic - not all but some more! I've added more photo's to the link so you should hopefully be able to see them - they're towards the end. Many cassette singles, cd's, tapes - a few badges also and a mug type thing I got years ago! Also, one nice item (I think anyway!) - it's the "Welcome to the Videos" on VHS - you will note on the back that there is a mis-print, which was later corrected. It reads "Dread House" as opposed to Dead Horse. I like those little glitches, makes it all the more special for some strange reason!

As for the UYI2 cassette - as follows:

Made in Korea - gives a date also of Nov. 7 1991 and Oct 15 1991. It's a genuine, no question.

Tape A is: Side 1: Civil War, 14 Years, Yesterdays, Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Side 2: Get in the Ring, Shotgun Blues, Breakdown

Tape B: Side 3: Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, So Fine

Side 4: Estranged, You Could be Mine, Don't Cry, and that ever so strange tune, My World!!!

It's genuine Geffen release and says "Distributed by BMG (Han Kook)"

It's actually quite cool the more I look at it!

Link again: http://picasaweb.goo...abbyalonso/GNR#

Edited by shabbyalonso

I don't have a huge GN'R collection (I spend too much on my Maiden collection!), but some of my favorite pieces:

-Axl's band-aid from Hamilton '010 (He flicked it at me during Rocket Queen)

-Appetite For Collection box set (Got it for $30, a record store clearly didn't know what they had)

-Sealed Nightrain 7" (With patch)

-Sealed Japanese pressing of Live Era

-Paradise City shaped 7"