AC/DC

spunko12345

I went to see them at Wembley last Friday and it was honestly the shittiest concert Ive ever been to. I went as a favour to my ex who couldnt get rid of a spare ticket. I know they do what they do and they have some brilliant albiet basic songs and its fine to listen to occasionally, but I cant see how they are supposed to be such a legendary band. I left feeling raped in the wallet to the tune of £40 by a bunch of ugly old men with no charisma or stage presence.

AC/DC are one of the best live bands I've ever seen. They used to be my favorite band, they're not anymore but I still listen to them a fair amount. But their live shows are just spectacular. Sure, Malcolm and Cliff don't really have any stage presence, but Angus and Brian more than make up for it. And take their age into account, Angus is 51 and still as crazy as in the 70's, and Brian is 60 and can still sing like a motherfucker. The setlist this tour is pretty good (I'll take Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be and Dog Eat Dog any day!), and the stage is amazing. They really put on an affordable show, Boston next month will be my third show in a year and they've all been $90. Considering they're really one of the legendary live acts, they could be charging $400 like the Rolling Stones, but they don't.

Sucks you didn't enjoy it though.

I saw them in Indy and it was the best concert I've ever been too.

Are you sure you're not retarded?

Sometimes I do doubt myself :xmassrudolph:

But it was shit.

Lol I was just messing with ya. :lol:

I don't know what to tell you though. Shame that you don't enjoy them.

I haven't seen this tour...but I've noticed this.

People I know who have seen them many times over the years said it was a fun show,but kinda had a cakewalk vibe about it...going through the motions,no spontaneous spark.

On the other hand...people I know who saw them for the first time this tour say it's the most amazing show they've ever seen.

:shrugs:

I saw the Back in Black tour in '80,and it was every bit as cool as the last time I saw them,which was the SARS concert a few years back (at which they blew the Stones off the stage).

I'm sure I would have dug em this time around too.

I went to see them at Wembley last Friday and it was honestly the shittiest concert Ive ever been to. I went as a favour to my ex who couldnt get rid of a spare ticket. I know they do what they do and they have some brilliant albiet basic songs and its fine to listen to occasionally, but I cant see how they are supposed to be such a legendary band. I left feeling raped in the wallet to the tune of £40 by a bunch of ugly old men with no charisma or stage presence.

What???

I was at Wembley and it was one of the greatest concert I've ever seen.

Angus during Let there be rock was just pure amazing

I saw AC/DC on the Money Talks Tour---88-89. They rocked! Of course, 20 years later w/ a little age, they may not put on the best show.

I am a big fan of AC/DC though. Always have been. Angus acts like he's jacked up on some good shit! He never left the stage back in the day. He would play while the rest of the band took a break.

I hate you didn't have a good time. Sucks for you!

I've never met a rock fan (I mean actually meet, not on the internet somewhere) that doesn't love ACDC. No matter what kind of rock they were into. Old and young classic rockers, metalheads with 6000 piercings that won't touch anything mainstream with a ten foot pole, insane punkers, more mellow people who are into softer rock, those who like modern rock/pop-punk/whatever. I mean fucking EVERYBODY loves ACDC. I never got that appeal. I mean, I know why I like them. But how come everybody else is so attracted? They're after all just a blues band with a harder sound and more energy and attitude. It's strange, but very cool.

I saw them live too, for the first time (hopefully not the last though!) last month in Belgrade. It was the best concert I've ever been to! Hands down! Truth be told, the only other worldwide famous bands I've seen were The Rolling Stones, Def Leppard and Iron Maiden. I wouldn't have expected it to beat the Stones, especially since they're my second favorite band, and ACDC is probably not in my top ten, but still. It was just perfect in everyway. True showmen and a great team behind them! They put up an amazing spectacle!

It was a dream come true for me seeing them early this year. Best concert i've ever been to, n' it was everything I expected it to be! They hold up outstandingly for their age, I had to give props to 54 year old Angus who was yet was bruised and bandaged, ran around like a wild animal. The amount of energy in their performances is insanee.. I left the arena deaf and hoarse rock3 and dude Angus is the definition of charisma.

• 1 year later...
AC/DC To Release New Album 'Within The Next Couple Of Years'

AC/DC guitarist Angus Young revealed at the band's "Live At River Plate" DVD premiere last night (Friday, May 6) at the Hammersmith Apollo in London, England that there are plans for the group to release a new studio album "within the next couple of years. He said, "Well, at some point we'll be touring again once we get a new album out, which will hopefully be within the next couple of years."

AC/DC Planning New World Tour

Guitarist Angus Young of Australian hard rockers AC/DC has told U.K.'s The Sun that the band is already planning its next tour and is hoping to top its last world trek. "Now we're thinking, 'How can we ever better the 'Black Ice' world tour?' But we will," he claimed.

On the topic of the success of AC/DC's 2008 album "Black Ice", Young said, "We have such diehard fans, old and new. We've survived many changing fashions of music – we've outlived the lot of them."

The upcoming new DVD Live At The River Plate should be cool if i judge from the first short clips.

AC/DC To Release New Album 'Within The Next Couple Of Years'

AC/DC guitarist Angus Young revealed at the band's "Live At River Plate" DVD premiere last night (Friday, May 6) at the Hammersmith Apollo in London, England that there are plans for the group to release a new studio album "within the next couple of years. He said, "Well, at some point we'll be touring again once we get a new album out, which will hopefully be within the next couple of years."

AC/DC Planning New World Tour

Guitarist Angus Young of Australian hard rockers AC/DC has told U.K.'s The Sun that the band is already planning its next tour and is hoping to top its last world trek. "Now we're thinking, 'How can we ever better the 'Black Ice' world tour?' But we will," he claimed.

On the topic of the success of AC/DC's 2008 album "Black Ice", Young said, "We have such diehard fans, old and new. We've survived many changing fashions of music – we've outlived the lot of them."

The upcoming new DVD Live At The River Plate should be cool if i judge from the first short clips.

In all fairness, at the end of the Stiff Upper Lip tour, they said the new album would be out in a couple years. They continued saying that for 7 years.

Regardless, I'm excited for Live At River Plate, it's gonna look phenomenal on Blu Ray. It's a shame they're not putting out a companion CD though...