Guns n Roses to tour Canada

cruenadian

I'm seriously psyched for this. Although it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities, Montreal seems like an unusual place for warm-up shows or simply one offs for GN'R. That said, it looks like we may be in the early stages of seeing a North American tour come together.

Even if that's not the case, it's two hour plane ride from Chicago, so I'm going to see GN'R within the next few months no matter what. Awesome B)

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a call from a friend this morning who knows I love GNR, said he heard this "announcement of an announcement" on the radio this morning.

There was indeed some discussion about this on a few radio stations in Montreal.

I'm surprise by the buzz create by this banner. I had a few friends that called me this morning

to let me know about the return of GN'R in Montreal.

The radio station that my friend heard it on was actually a smaller radio station from a city in Pennsylvania! I think they are big GNR fans, either that or this news is really taking off!

What do you guys think are the chances of a new CD announced at the same time? Remember what Axl said - same bat time...

What do you guys think are the chances of a new CD announced at the same time? Remember what Axl said - same bat time...

It's possible, but Axl seemed like he wanted to tour on Chinese Democracy for a while before thinking about the next album. I think the "same bat time" comment was made under the assumption that they would tour in the summer of 2009. Since that didnt happen, and it looks like a tour is just coming together now, I'd say the earliest we can expect the next album is fall of 2010.

Either way, I'm just glad they're finally going to tour.

Edited by sofine11

It's possible, but Axl seemed like he wanted to tour on Chinese Democracy for a while before thinking about the next album. I think the "same bat time" comment was made under the assumption that they would tour in the summer of 2009. Since that didnt happen, and it looks like a tour is just coming together now, I'd say the earliest we can expect the next album is fall of 2010.

Here's how I see it.

Ideal situation: In three days, a tour is announced, along with a new CD that will be released sometime next year (or alongside the tour). They will tour very little of the old songs, a lot of Chinese Democracy, and some new songs.

What will probably happen: 06/07 tour repeated, with a few new Chinese Democracy songs, and with DJ Ashba instead of Robin.

Here's how I see it.

Ideal situation: In three days, a tour is announced, along with a new CD that will be released sometime next year (or alongside the tour). They will tour very little of the old songs, a lot of Chinese Democracy, and some new songs.

What will probably happen: 06/07 tour repeated, with a few new Chinese Democracy songs, and with DJ Ashba instead of Robin.

This would definitely be the ideal situation, I agree. But realistically, there's been 1000 ideal situations for this band to take advantage of over the last 8 years. From this point on, I suggest we expect as little as possible, only being pleasantly surprised on occasion. :thumbsup:

Edit: Take this Canadian announcement, for example. Who saw that coming?

Edited by sofine11

But then again, he also said that he allways saw it as a double-album..... I'm psycked!! rock3

Here's how I see it.

This would definitely be the ideal situation, I agree. But realistically, there's been 1000 ideal situations for this band to take advantage of over the last 8 years. From this point on, I suggest we expect as little as possible, only being pleasantly surprised on occasion. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know, but you'd think of these times they'd actually take advantage of that "ideal" situation. Instead of just disappointing every time. I'm not saying a repeat 06/07 tour would be bad, but its not the best.

Here's how I see it.

Yeah, I know, but you'd think of these times they'd actually take advantage of that "ideal" situation. Instead of just disappointing every time. I'm not saying a repeat 06/07 tour would be bad, but its not the best.

No, I get what you mean and I agree completely. I look at it like this- I'm definitely seeing them when they tour and it'll for sure be a blast. But I will say that most of the fans have already heard half of Chinese Democracy years before its release, whether is was through live performances or through all the leaks from 2001-2008. That's a pretty long time.

It would be nice to have an album of completely new and unheard tracks on the horizon supporting this tour. But in reality, Ill take what I can get and seeing Axl Rose live and in person is anything but a bad thing.

Here's how I see it.

With all due respect, if you would be disappointed by GN'R not announcing a new album release to go along with the tour, the problem isn't with what GN'R is or isn't doing, the problem is with your expectations. There has been no real indication that a new album will come out anytime soon, so to expect otherwise just for the sake of taking advantage of some positive momentum seems a bit a unrealistic to me. I understand that announcing a new album to come out sometime in 2010 while, or between cycles of, touring would be "ideal", but there is no real reason to think that will happen and therefore no real reason to be disappointed.

Ali

I'm sorry, but I see ANOTHER Chinese D tour (without new material) being another failure of epic proportions. This album has been toured twice already. And the first 2 were only able to fill arenas to 50% or less capacity in most venues. It makes no difference that they finally released an album in the meantime. That album had no succesful radio singles and fell off the Billboard within a matter of weeks. Nobody cared. I hope I'm wrong, but unless they release another album (that actually contains songs that people want to hear) I see this tour being aborted within the first couple of months.

Edited by I Want Reunion

Most people at gnr concerts are not there to listen to new material.

Most people at gnr concerts couldnt give a shit about what the tour is called.

Most people at gnr concerts couldnt give a shit about new albums etc etc.

Most people at gnr concerts are there to see appetite for destruction. Fact.

This tour like the rest will contain a mix of old and new - maybe some more new -or some variety of new (hopefully)

Why people on this board insist on talkin about new albums etc is fuckin beyond me.

If you dont give a shit about the band, dont give a shit about the new material, dont give a shit about seeing axls hired hands playing the old material then why are you here? Do us all a favour and fuck off.

Its fantastic that axl and the band are lookin like they may tour, be happy, enjoy the experience if its your first ime through, its a great ride!

Gnr look like they maybe back!

quote name='I Want Reunion' date='16 October 2009 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1255714117' post='2524262']

I'm sorry, but I see ANOTHER Chinese D tour (without new material) being another failure of epic proportions. This album has been toured twice already. And the first 2 were only able to fill arenas to 50% or less capacity in most venues. It makes no difference that they finally released an album in the meantime. That album had no succesful radio singles and fell off the Billboard within a matter of weeks. Nobody cared. I hope I'm wrong, but unless they release another album (that actually contains songs that people want to hear) I see this tour being aborted within the first couple of months.

I'm sorry, but I see ANOTHER Chinese D tour (without new material) being another failure of epic proportions. This album has been toured twice already. And the first 2 were only able to fill arenas to 50% or less capacity in most venues.

Oh yeah...

rockinrio3_2001_f_002.jpg

web033.jpg

Dude, get over yourself. Are you really trying to use 'Rock N Rio' as a norm? Those people came to see a lot of bands - not just Nu-Gnr. Why don't you post a snapshot of the Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Tampa, or Jacksonville audiences. You'l see just as many empty seats as you see fans.

Edited by I Want Reunion

That day played only stupid artists, that were

So, all that people were there to see....hm.... Carlinhso Brown? Pato Fu?

Oasis? Maybe.... but Oasis concert ended near to midnight, GNR went on stage about 2 am. Only stayed there who really enjoyed them.

90% of the artists on that day were booed on stage, people threw things at stage

It looks like Axl Rose has to pay some bills.....

Doesn't everyone have to pay bills?

Ali

Politicians in Brazil doesn't.

Lucky bastards.

My point was, yes, of course part of the reason to tour, hell, maybe the biggest part, is to earn money. These are working professional musicians that support themselves and their families through touring primarily as no one really makes a lot of money off album sales. So what?

Ali